Re-creating Bilbao Philosophy Elsewhere

Skora11

Hi guys, 

I am looking to re-create the Bilbao philosophy for my local team (Kilmarnock) and wondering if this is something that can be done with the use of the in-game editor? I would like to only be able to sign players from Ayrshire and see if I can lead them to glory. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Hi guys, 

I am looking to re-create the Bilbao philosophy for my local team (Kilmarnock) and wondering if this is something that can be done with the use of the in-game editor? I would like to only be able to sign players from Ayrshire and see if I can lead them to glory. 

Thanks

You can but with the editor and not the in game editor and it can be time consuming at first. Go in to the editor and click on regions and then type in Ayrshire and then go on to cities. Like so.

image.png.fc47676ac53de14acffebd21e9258ef9.png

From there note all the cities or villages listed in there. Then go in to your game scouting section set up a scouting search filter like what i have done for Galicia here and you will get all the players from that region. I do wish SI would offer a regional search option in the scouting section that would make this all easier.

image.png.f1eaaa2756789b502b1f89b38f91bb95.png

Edited by Dr Naysay

38 minuti fa, Dr Naysay ha scritto:

You can but with the editor and not the in game editor and it can be time consuming at first. Go in to the editor and click on regions and then type in Ayrshire and then go on to cities. Like so.

From there note all the cities or villages listed in there. Then go in to your game scouting section set up a scouting search filter like what i have done for Galicia here and you will get all the players from that region. I do wish SI would offer a regional search option in the scouting section that would make this all easier.

This works when coach's team is human but not for team controlled by pc: Bilbao's philosophy is hardcoded

Kind of. I think it's possible, but only via a few workarounds. I think Bermuda Hogges have a similar hardcoded policy to Athletic Bilbao that updates to whatever nation they're set as, so it's possible to do a similar setup using them. I don't know they details about it, but with a bit of research you could probably figure out how it works and I think you could get them to only be able to use players from a certain region like Bilbao do (possibly by using an extinct nation over that region to force all newgens to have both the main nation and that extinct nation as nationalities with the club being restricted to only signing players with that extinct nationality).

As far as I know there's no way to add such a thing to an existing team like Kilmarnock though. Just ways to adjust how it's done on the teams already hardcoded with such a setup.

17 hours ago, Dr Naysay said:

Thanks, is this a list of all the cities it shows in the editor? If there isn't a way to hardcode I'm not really keen on buying the editor just to check this.

If there are others, could you list them for me if possible and I'll add the custom filters. Thanks again pal.

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Thanks, is this a list of all the cities it shows in the editor? If there isn't a way to hardcode I'm not really keen on buying the editor just to check this.

If there are others, could you list them for me if possible and I'll add the custom filters. Thanks again pal.

You don't need to buy it. It's free, just type football manager editor in your steam and download the database editor for free. You pay for the in game editor. That list is most of the cities/towns and it is indeed all of the big ones.

On 28/12/2023 at 16:42, themodelcitizen said:

Wow brilliant work on the spreadsheet. I've thought repurposing a bunch of those teams for their-hardcoding in a sort of freak super league, with every team having some kind of bizarre restriction imposed upon them

Thanks! I had pretty much the same idea as you and a lot of free time, so I started moving teams around and seeing which ones had rules that followed them. I later found out that others had done similar tests here on the forums. I think my spreadsheet still has every existing club with a hardcoded rule, but people on this post keep track of those things better than me, so you might be interested in checking it out.

4 hours ago, bold013hades said:

Thanks! I had pretty much the same idea as you and a lot of free time, so I started moving teams around and seeing which ones had rules that followed them. I later found out that others had done similar tests here on the forums. I think my spreadsheet still has every existing club with a hardcoded rule, but people on this post keep track of those things better than me, so you might be interested in checking it out.

It's pretty cool. I might try and repurpose one of the Portuguese/Cape Verdean ones for a lower league team in Massachusetts that is a bit of a hub for the local Lusophone community (especially Cabo Verdean immigrants)

On 30/12/2023 at 23:15, themodelcitizen said:

It's pretty cool. I might try and repurpose one of the Portuguese/Cape Verdean ones for a lower league team in Massachusetts that is a bit of a hub for the local Lusophone community (especially Cabo Verdean immigrants)

I figured out a way to create something like the club you're talking about manually. Here is a guide to that. It seems to work every time, but I haven't tested it comprehensively, so let me know if you have any problems with it.

Man I wish they'd just give us this in the Editor to use freely and easily

I'd love to create a cosmopolitan City club league, like something from the old European Fairs Cup - where each City club could only sign and play players bought in London, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, etc.

The dream (well for me, maybe I'm sad haha)

49 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

Man I wish they'd just give us this in the Editor to use freely and easily

I'd love to create a cosmopolitan City club league, like something from the old European Fairs Cup - where each City club could only sign and play players bought in London, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, etc.

The dream (well for me, maybe I'm sad haha)

You are not sad. I have created a editor request which limits the option for teams to sign and play players in a similar way.

Many sports have put limitations on themselves in recruitment, just look at rugby and the rules associations give themselves for selecting players for test matches.

On 30/12/2023 at 16:24, bold013hades said:

Yeah, the local region thing is an old trick, but ideally we'd be able to keep the same local region for stuff like players from/based in that region considering it their "home" region and being more likely to sign there. Same with duplicating cities, you lose cool quirks like the news item/media question about how a player knows the importance of local derbies because they're from that town