FM24 - Thoughts after playing it on a completely new PC

What follows are my thoughts as I sometimes feel there can be a little negativity at times, some I've contributed to it too. I've been playing this game since the CM1 days, yep, when it took 2-3 hours to process a new season on the Amiga. The Clive Tydsley commentary on my first Intel PC, the subsequent update CM9798 where you could play with 3 leagues - right upto now.

As soon as I had kids the game became too much, so FM13 I loved due to the classic mode. Favourite was FM18 But then I tried FM19 classic (or maybe FM20) and it didn't seem as 'big' as FM18. I didn't feel part of the game world so therefore full fat was the way to go. But it just seemed bloated and on the PC I had at the time, the graphics were gash.

But now for FM24, I've purchased a brand new PC, I can play it on maximum settings and oh my days, this game is amazing. The graphics for the match day are superb! The little intricacies of the interface are very cool. Love how SI have addressed players getting upset where you can hold a team meeting to get them back on board. Kinda hand holding your way through this tricky process.

Love how huge the game is, love the news stories, the social media stories. 

True, a lot of it could be simplified and I look forward to FM25 where all the information is still there but it's easier to get into for newer players.

But for me, all this talk about the graphics engine on it's last legs - and perhaps it is - but for someone's who's been plodding on FM18 for too long, FM24 is an amazing game. Love the graphics, love the filters during the game, love the world tue game makes you feel part of. Thank you SI

Edited by Steve1977beyond