Feature Request: Android Save File (and Shortlists etc) Export Sync

Hi,

I understand that:

• the Android files such as save game files, shortlists, tactics, selections etc had to move from the My Documents folder to an internal area that is not directly accessible to the user.
  • an Export option was added so that we could export these files to an area we could access.

However, to export a save file, I need to go through a bunch steps every time:

1. Save the game
  2. Exit to the main screen
  3. Choose Load Game
  4. Select the Career
  5. Select Export
  6. Enter a name for the export (every single time!)
  7. Load the game again so I can continue playing

Problem:

• Unlike iOS which has the online iCloud syncing, FMM for Android does not have any way to back up / sync saves to the cloud.
  • This has never worried me because I have been able to use another Android app (I use FolderSync, but there are lots of options) to automatically backup my saves (and shortlists etc) to the cloud.
  • However, with the new behaviour, these apps can no longer automatically sync the currently saved files - only the currently exported ones which a) you need to remember to export and b) is not a quick process (to export). 

Request:

• Add an option to automatically sync the currently internally saved save file/shortlists etc with the exported versions (maybe every time we save something? or weekly (in game)?). I understand there will  be a performance issue, but am happy to have slower saves if it lets me back them up automatically. Note, the game would need to know the export location for the current career - perhaps just making it the club name might work (although what if people change club?).
  • Alternatively, even just giving us an export option in the Save function screen in game (Delete, Save, Export), which doesn't need you to exit the save or type in the export folder, would be enough to sync the save games (which are the most important part) much more easily. 

Thanks for considering this (and if I haven't explained that properly, please let me know).

Thanks Dan, totally understand you prioritising that - though an automatic weekly export of saves would help when saves go missing. 🙂 (seeing people lose saves was actually the prompt for me to post this).

But yeah I can understand why you'd need to sort that out first. Good luck, seems a frustrating one to solve.