Club Reputation

Hi, 

I have an issue with my club reputation

Currently managing Virtus a little club in San Marino. I'm stuck at around 2000 reputation. It's been 6 years I am each season in Europa/EUCL, winning vs 6/7k reputation clubs (Last Season I won vs Bratislava, Kobenhavn, Bodo/Glimt and drawed vs Tottenham and Napoli)

I also bought big reputation players, such as Kovacic, but I can't go over 2100 rep. 

In addition, I lost 4-3 vs Young Boys (7k rep,not a bad result for a 2k rep club) and lost 200 rep...

Just to know, Division 5 clubs have 2000/2500 reputation. I also have less rep than Young Boys U21

Do you know if it's a bug ? Or Is it normal and I am missing something ?

After some good performance in EUCL league (7th with 4 wins vs good rep club, I just lost vs Sevilla and PSV), We are now at 1832 rep....

So we lost 100 rep by performing in eucl and in our country too (none defeat in league or cup).

To compare Tre Penne, another San Marino club has 1742 reputation without never going through the european barrages and without any league title.

image.png.9d541733b6da9d98c06572d1bd1f87f3.pngimage.png.a36bba9a05f96d383b9821be2ad19636.png

Il y a 2 heures, fc.cadoni a dit :

You earn reputation as club if you win league, cups; not by winning games. I didn't know that you can lose reputation from the other hand.

You can't earn reputation if you play Europa League and have good results in the competition without winning it ?

And yes after some tries I can confirm I am losing reputation when losing games

Club reputation increases have been a problem in FM for a while.

They don't increase enough with good performances, but decrease quickly with poor performances. At the moment reputation increases as part of League and Cup wins and with playing in better, high-ranked divisions. 

In the case of San Marino teams, its likely the overall league reputation is what is actually holding you back from increasing your rep quickly.  I agree with the opening post that its a bit strange that singular club rep doesn't increase quicker with consistent european performances and appearances for clubs from smaller leagues, it really should. It shouldn't be massive, but consistent appearances in European competition will increase a rep of a club IRL.  I know there is a much bigger jump as soon as you qualify for the champions league "proper", but that again isn't as big as it should be for certain clubs. My advice would be to try and focus on getting the league as a whole (loaning and selling good players to other clubs in your own country) or at least the country coefficient up significantly by pushing deeper into Europe. It'll take time. But its doable. 

Il y a 6 heures, Cultured Left Foot a dit :

Club reputation increases have been a problem in FM for a while.

They don't increase enough with good performances, but decrease quickly with poor performances. At the moment reputation increases as part of League and Cup wins and with playing in better, high-ranked divisions. 

In the case of San Marino teams, its likely the overall league reputation is what is actually holding you back from increasing your rep quickly.  I agree with the opening post that its a bit strange that singular club rep doesn't increase quicker with consistent european performances and appearances for clubs from smaller leagues, it really should. It shouldn't be massive, but consistent appearances in European competition will increase a rep of a club IRL.  I know there is a much bigger jump as soon as you qualify for the champions league "proper", but that again isn't as big as it should be for certain clubs. My advice would be to try and focus on getting the league as a whole (loaning and selling good players to other clubs in your own country) or at least the country coefficient up significantly by pushing deeper into Europe. It'll take time. But its doable. 

Ok that make sense thanks you ! I saw some people saying that winning vs big clubs increased club rep, but maybe they were just wrong.

I was aiming to improve my club, then improve the league after but I will be forced to start with the league.

Do you have any advices to do it ? Do you know if big rep players help with league rep ?

Yeah, players that have big reputation help boost the reputation of the league.

The best way is to strength your club first and win more in Europe. Get further in European competitions to increase the co-effecient which then gets spots in the champions league and gets more of your league into European competition. 

Once you've got a good squad for you, start loaning out or selling your fringe/squad players to your league rivals so that they get better players and get better results. 

You bascially need to try and make your league more competitive in European competitions. Further you go in Europe means a higher increases in your countries European coefficient which means more teams from your country get in to, which Europe means a quicker increase in rep for the league. And then it becomes cyclical, to the point where you are in the Champions League every year and at least one other club is reaching the Europa League group stage. It is a long slog, but it can be done.

You're doing what is called a 'Build a Nation' save.  Plenty of chat around those sorts of saves in the Challenges sub forum. :) 

On 10/01/2024 at 18:47, PedroSMC said:

Hi, 

I have an issue with my club reputation

Currently managing Virtus a little club in San Marino. I'm stuck at around 2000 reputation. It's been 6 years I am each season in Europa/EUCL, winning vs 6/7k reputation clubs (Last Season I won vs Bratislava, Kobenhavn, Bodo/Glimt and drawed vs Tottenham and Napoli)

I also bought big reputation players, such as Kovacic, but I can't go over 2100 rep. 

In addition, I lost 4-3 vs Young Boys (7k rep,not a bad result for a 2k rep club) and lost 200 rep...

Just to know, Division 5 clubs have 2000/2500 reputation. I also have less rep than Young Boys U21

Do you know if it's a bug ? Or Is it normal and I am missing something ?

As I've said on another post, going far into continental competitions season after season really helps. Do well, buy better players, etc. It takes time but the reputation will increase over time. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue in my current save with a created nation.  I submitted the issue in the bugs section earlier tonight and will see if we get a response.  

I am the most successful club in the nation and before competing in Europe for the first time a few seasons ago my club reputation was in the 2100-2200 range.  Now during my first season in the Champions League group stages with 7 points with wins against Juventus and Feyenoord, and a draw was AZ, 3 seasons of making the Europa League Round of 16 and a Conference League play off round, the reputation has dropped to 691.  

My league has been climbing in the competition rankings dur to my success, yet my club reputation is in the toilet, does make me think that there is a bug where smaller nations clubs are having the reputation points for success in Europe someone being applied as negative rather as positive.  It maybe all clubs, but my small ranked nation, along with your San Marino save are noticing the reputation decreases a lot more.  

I have been using this file for years on FM, with tweaks every game, but this is the first time where this has happened.

Edit:  Should have included the top clubs as well, so show that they are national rep, where I once was.  

image.thumb.png.9815aa29c4b7acf93da4568715044ffe.pngimage.thumb.png.da8c71a7b7ec9f3800e658fc3ab1907e.pngimage.thumb.png.fd4d6e79a7ab4ad88fb3b9e6d09749dc.png

Edited by thundercracker