ESC slots

I have a player who was out on loan and is due to return at christmas. his work permit application has been rejected but I have been told the club has 4 ESC slots of which I can allocate him one for 1 year.  

How does this work

Accoding to the game the below applies

image.png.fd7910ffa6ca1f06e1887a6ec0975c9c.png

What are EQP matches?  Is it the matches he can allowed to play in which I think it is and how do you find out what is his threshold of minutes he has to play.  So that I know I have to play him that amount.

Edited by wazza

For the Premier League, EQP minutes will come from appearances in the following competitions:

• The Premier League
  • Any UEFA or FIFA club competition, including qualifying rounds
  • The quarter-finals and onwards of the FA Cup
  • The semi-finals and final of the EFL Cup

For EFL clubs, the rounds in which the domestic cups start to count is the round previous to stated above, i.e. the fifth round of the FA Cup and the quarter-finals of the EFL Cup.

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

There is info further down that blog about the minute thresholds. 

Edited by CAE82
Add

I have allocated one ESC slot to one player - I had an inbox message saying that he needs to play 50% and his current playing is 0 %,

Where on the players tabs can I find this so I can track his playing time to earn a full work permit as I cannot seem to find it as there is nothing under nationalitie or eligibiliy tabs as just shows how many datys to gain english nationality but nothing to do with a percentage of playing

4 hours ago, wazza said:

I have allocated one ESC slot to one player - I had an inbox message saying that he needs to play 50% and his current playing is 0 %,

Where on the players tabs can I find this so I can track his playing time to earn a full work permit as I cannot seem to find it as there is nothing under nationalitie or eligibiliy tabs as just shows how many datys to gain english nationality but nothing to do with a percentage of playing

Could add 'Minutes' to the squad view. Doesn't show %age, but if you compare the number to the highest in your squad it'll give you an idea.

image.png.9fe72ec73dfb8b81c7d631f7dffcd9c9.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2024 at 21:06, CAE82 said:

For the Premier League, EQP minutes will come from appearances in the following competitions:

• The Premier League
  • Any UEFA or FIFA club competition, including qualifying rounds
  • The quarter-finals and onwards of the FA Cup
  • The semi-finals and final of the EFL Cup

For EFL clubs, the rounds in which the domestic cups start to count is the round previous to stated above, i.e. the fifth round of the FA Cup and the quarter-finals of the EFL Cup.

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

There is info further down that blog about the minute thresholds. 

It also says in the document

For the vast majority of clubs in the EFL, the league contribution will be the arbiter of their EQP minutes.

I read that as that the players EFL league matches are also included in the EQP minutes and not just the premier league.  I assume that the players does not have to be started for the matches ie first team and can be brought on as a substitiute to get his minutes in.  ie he doesnt have to be an important players, regular starter, but could even be a breakthrough prospect that is brought on as a substitite during the matches but as long as his overall minutes throughout the season equals 50 percent of his playing time?