New to the pre-game editor

YoshPosh

Yep, good advice. Study other files if you need a place to start.

Also, if you are completely new at it. Start with basic rules to see how things are set up. Advanced rules are much harder to navigate, so basic rules will teach you what to do and not do.

Added remark, even experienced editors do use basic rules to set their starting competition, so there is absolutely no reason not to use it.

On 24/02/2024 at 11:42, Wolf_pd said:

Added remark, even experienced editors do use basic rules to set their starting competition, so there is absolutely no reason not to use it.

This is very important, you can setup a 7 tier pyramid, cups and youth leagues (easy peasy) with basic rules only. I always refer people to @TheDynamoFM videos on YouTube (link below), those videos will hold your hand and walk you through the editor ;)

Edit: Ignore the fact that those were done for FM2021, they are as relevant on FM2024 as they were before

Edited by RodTheCid

On 25/02/2024 at 01:42, alian62 said:

There are 1 or 2 already in the download forum . Best way   if you want to do your own , is to download it and have a look what they did . 

On 25/02/2024 at 03:42, Wolf_pd said:

Yep, good advice. Study other files if you need a place to start.

Also, if you are completely new at it. Start with basic rules to see how things are set up. Advanced rules are much harder to navigate, so basic rules will teach you what to do and not do.

On 28/02/2024 at 05:05, RodTheCid said:

This is very important, you can setup a 7 tier pyramid, cups and youth leagues (easy peasy) with basic rules only. I always refer people to @TheDynamoFM videos on YouTube (link below), those videos will hold your hand and walk you through the editor ;)

Edit: Ignore the fact that those were done for FM2021, they are as relevant on FM2024 as they were before

Appreciate the feedback, I have gone through and looked at what other people have done and watch a few videos. I have currently finished the league structure that I want but am struggling to create a promotion/relegation playoff between two divisions (like what's between bundesliga and 2. bundesliga)., I looked through the forum and found a solution, but it seems like not working (I'm more than likely doing something wrong).

Welcome to hotel editor - which, like hotel California, you will never leave. 😂 the thing I find easiest in this situation is to save my database, reload the database and then load up the rules of the country I want to copy, take screenshots of how SI has it set up (so I can easily replicate it) and then reload my database and add the feature. I did this with several things I copied from the English pyramid when I made my US database for the first time a couple years ago. Now I just make vanilla saves of the big 5 (and usually a couple South American competitions) at the start of the development cycle and have them for reference as I make my dbs. 

so, try loading a vanilla German database (with basic rules), look at the promotion rules for the Bundesliga, and see if you can copy it into yours.