UEFA REBOOTED - Alternative Continental, Intercontinental, and International files

Posted (edited)

Here are the dynamic changes...

Here is a screenshot of the top 16 nations in Europe in March 2024, followed by the 16 teams that consequently got byes to the first round. 

top16ineurope1.thumb.png.eaf99edbac1ccfe6249fa78dba6b0cb4.png

dynamicec.thumb.png.b64392f403303999bc0da037cbfba7e2.png

Then this is the same save in 2108. The top 16 has changed and so has the entrants for the first round. 

rankings2108.thumb.png.eb65424059795823349922ecfc623ec8.png

ecwc2108showingdynamicchange.thumb.png.7c5b97307930f0723cdb52a3a9d29d5e.png

This affects all 3 competitions, including the UEFA Cup. The dynamic change means a nation can have anything from 1 to 4 teams depending on the world ranking of the nation. The top 4 nations get 4 qualifiers, the next 4 get 3, then the next 8 get 2, then the next 34 get 2 into the qualifying round, and the next 4 get 1. So there will now be interest in the international matches as that can influence the club game. 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Posted (edited)

Russia and Belarus now play their matches at home, both continentally and internationally.

russianteamathome.png.f2178b86472d50f9fc0fd373e01323d6.png

And here are the national teams playing football competitively again.

belarusandrussiaineuroqualifyinggroup.thumb.png.ba01c918573e1d69e30126c31cb2ca58.png

russiaincompetition.thumb.png.688663846b2ec0a8831ba9ee0da00df4.png

And here is the Russian national team with the World Ranking working.

russiaoverviewpage583.thumb.png.f66766dcd7caaae7be757eaf8f459b63.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Posted (edited)

Finally I am aware of a few issues that are present and can't be changed.

If you're using the Welsh file, unless Wales get into the top 16 in Europe, the winners of the Welsh Cup will enter at the qualifying round. If the Welsh Cup winner is one of the 5 English based teams they will enter into the first round, as the game considers them English (providing England remain in the top 16!). 

In order to get the UEFA Cup dynamic changes to work, things got very complicated with several hidden stages set up to sort the teams. There is a small issue that involves the 3 lowest nations (Gibraltar, Malta, & San Marino). This screenshot shows them as part of the teams in the UEFA Cup but they haven't qualified. They correctly do not play. BUT if you were to look at the Team Overview > Competitions tab the UEFA Cup would be listed, however it doesn't have them pitted against anyone. This is just cosmetic and does not affect the gameplay. This was a nightmare in early testing as I originally had 102 teams with this problem. I'm happy it is now just 3.

knownissueinuefacqualifiers1.thumb.png.ed42911d000bfa2a45ad737f5879e914.png

Finally, in recreating Belarus and Russia from 2 extinct nations, I had to keep the original nations in the database otherwise the file would not verify. So the original Russia (ID 791), and the original Belarus (ID 758) are present as 'y' and 'x'. Those letters mean they will be at the bottom of the nations list so you won't really see them listed unless you scroll right down. I have deleted as much of the information as I could from the 2 original nations. An unfortunate result of creating a new nation is you cannot change the nation's population. So for Russia and Belarus you will see the population stay at 0 !

Here are the old nations:

oldrussiaandbelarusasxandy.png.f73a16dabe7f40881eea8a03fbe58366.png

oldbelarus.thumb.png.4e943c97f960959e1a6b33f3ea9712e1.png

oldrussia.thumb.png.656a04b27e5bf826cfb86668522ea27f.png

The odd player may generate, as you can see above there is 1 top player and it is the year 2047. I have created over 4,000 regens for Russia, so I would imagine you would need to load all players from that nation to see the real benefit of that. In creating these regens it just minimizes the chances of getting players generated with noticeably non Russian names.

That's it everyone. I hope you enjoy the databases.

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Yeah, your bang on @Curtains-2720. I have changed everything on my file with the name fix from sortitoutsi, and went through the config file to remove all links to the competitions I've changed or replaced. As that wasn't my original work I didn't make it available to download, but it doesn't take long to do. 

It was tough to remove a trophy from the mighty Hammers cabinet after it took so long to get it!

If anyone knows how I can remove any logos I have left in then let me know (ie the banner on the pitch when the teams walk out!) 👍

20 hours ago, Curtains-2720 said:

Some notes data wise:

- The ECWC replaces the UECL, but some data of UECL remains on the new page of the ECWC, such as the previous UECL Golden Boots:

REOQOWS.png

- The UECL trophy is completely deleted from the history of teams who had previously won it (Roma and West Ham):

The awards name can be changed in the PGE if you wished to.

FYI club trophy histories are drawn from the competition histories, they are not a separate item, so will inevitably change or vanish when the competition history is changed.

Edited by NineCloudNine

On 17/03/2024 at 10:43, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Yeah, your bang on @Curtains-2720. I have changed everything on my file with the name fix from sortitoutsi, and went through the config file to remove all links to the competitions I've changed or replaced. As that wasn't my original work I didn't make it available to download, but it doesn't take long to do.

👍

I am sure I am being dense but I don't understand this. The revised competitions all have their original names when I start a game with the file active, even though I can see you have renamed them in the file. Why do I need the name fix you refer to to make it work? I also don't know what config file you're referring to. Your previous version worked first time for me so I'm not clear why this one doesn't, sorry!

Edit: correction, the European Champions Cup has the correct name, the others are still called UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League.

Edited by NineCloudNine

1 hour ago, NineCloudNine said:

I am sure I am being dense but I don't understand this. The revised competitions all have their original names when I start a game with the file active, even though I can see you have renamed them in the file. Why do I need the name fix you refer to to make it work? I also don't know what config file you're referring to. Your previous version worked first time for me so I'm not clear why this one doesn't, sorry!

Edit: correction, the European Champions Cup has the correct name, the others are still called UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League.

PM'd you mate

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Is it possible to load only the international file + the Belarus file + the Russia file to have the Belarus and Russian teams back in the current competition format or is this not working?

Thank you for your work!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Holzi said:

Hello!

Is it possible to load only the international file + the Belarus file + the Russia file to have the Belarus and Russian teams back in the current competition format or is this not working?

Thank you for your work!

Yes that is possible. You won't see russian teams in European competitions until the 2nd season.

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @\'Appy \'Ammer!

I am trying to add the 2024/2025 participants for UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions Cup for Sweden (they play spring -  autumn schedule). Do you know how I can do this? :) I tried adding them to "teams for next season" but that removed them from the league apparently :D 

I'm sure it would be possible but not something I have done before. So are you starting your save in 2024?

You could try a couple of things. Are you able to alter the histories of the league? Not sure if it will let you change the future! That would be the easiest way. 

You could try in Teams > Qualified Teams to "Get specific team" and I think you can set what year you want that to happen. You would probably need another instruction in there to revert back to the normal selection rules by adding a start date to it. I'm guessing here but it's logical 🙂.

The very long winded hard work way would be to redo the competition to take place in the year you want, and add the teams you want in it. Then have the normal competition start again the year after. So you'll effectively have for example 3 competitions running in different years... UEFA Cup 2023, UEFA Cup 2024, and UEFA Cup 2025+

I've not done any of this myself but I guess it's possible. Unless anyone else has a far more simplistic way of doing it?

Posted (edited)

FA Cup file released today. Here is a screenshot of the neutral club ground semi finals.

facupsemifinals.thumb.png.4513126983a38a16125d01c1186888a9.png

And here is an example of a schedule that includes a fifth round replay and the FA Cup final being the last match of the season. AS IT SHOULD BE :mad:!!!!

scheduleforcupforarsenal.thumb.png.b0c75ba175c5af50a0fc99eeccea2204.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

14 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

FA Cup file released today. Here is a screenshot of the neutral club ground semi finals.

facupsemifinals.thumb.png.4513126983a38a16125d01c1186888a9.png

And here is an example of a schedule that includes a fifth round replay and the FA Cup final being the last match of the season. AS IT SHOULD BE :mad:!!!!

scheduleforcupforarsenal.thumb.png.b0c75ba175c5af50a0fc99eeccea2204.png

Your timing is excellent given recent announcements!

1 hour ago, irish kopite said:

Your timing is excellent given recent announcements!

I had actually this done a month ago, I was just enraged at yesterday's news that I thought it was an ideal time to publish it! LOL

On 18/03/2024 at 20:58, NineCloudNine said:

I have the same problem. Could you please show us how to solve it? 

2 hours ago, Serbiamanager21 said:

This mod is great, I enjoy playing it but I want to draw attention to the fact that the second match of the first round ECC is played during the international break and I can't count on those players

I'll get on the case later on today. 

Thanks to @Serbiamanager21 for highlighting a problem with the First Round Second Leg matches clashing with International matches. Unbeknown to me the International fixture schedule changes from Sep 2026 onwards. This was causing a problem with players being on International duty when the second leg matches of the first round were being played. I have altered the European Continental calendar slightly, so all being well there will be no further problems. I have removed version 1 and added version 2 into the opening post. 

Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I started a new save with your files but the new Russian national team shows up as "Russia" even tho I am playing in German. Is there a way to change this?

I tried to change the team name in the lnc (2430) Nationen.lnc with no luck so far.

Edited by Holzi

@Holzi

Have you changed the nation.Inc file to read this:

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Weißrussland" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Weißrussland" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 583 "Russland" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 583 "Russland" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 758 "x-" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 758 "x-" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 791 "y-" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 791 "y-" ""

"NATION_3LETTER_NAME_CHANGE"    574    "BLR"    ""
"NATION_3LETTER_NAME_CHANGE"    583    "RUS"    ""

"NATIONALITY_NAME_CHANGE"    574 "Belarussisch"    ""
"NATIONALITY_NAME_CHANGE"    583 "Russisch"    ""

Change both folders 2430 and 2400.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb \'Appy \'Ammer:

@Holzi

Have you changed the nation.Inc file to read this:

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Weißrussland" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Weißrussland" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 583 "Russland" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 583 "Russland" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 758 "x-" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 758 "x-" ""

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 791 "y-" ""
"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 791 "y-" ""

"NATION_3LETTER_NAME_CHANGE"    574    "BLR"    ""
"NATION_3LETTER_NAME_CHANGE"    583    "RUS"    ""

"NATIONALITY_NAME_CHANGE"    574 "Belarussisch"    ""
"NATIONALITY_NAME_CHANGE"    583 "Russisch"    ""

Change both folders 2430 and 2400.

Hey,

yes I have done that and it seems to work if I start a new save. But is the purpose of the lnc files not that you can change team names and nation names in existing runs?

1 hour ago, Holzi said:

is the purpose of the lnc files not that you can change team names and nation names in existing runs?

Yes, it should be. I don't know the exact science behind it. If you read the installation instructions of this , and notably look at post 1. That may solve your problem. 

Posted (edited)

Well, I use this file (for Germans :P): https://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php?topic=29646.0

I can change the club names but not the national team names in between a save. Anyway: If it is working now after a new save game start then it is okay for me. :)

EDIT: Well, after loading the save again it is back to the english names. :( Strange...

Is it possible to change it in the editor?!

3.jpg

Edited by Holzi

5 hours ago, Holzi said:

Is it possible to change it in the editor?!

Yes, that should work. Then if it does revert back it would revert back to German. 

Incidentally try this. Once you load a save where the change has reverted, load a save where the name was correct. Then reload that first save again. Does it change back to what you want? That's a little trick that works for me when competition names switch back to what they were before I changed them. Don't ask me why it does it, but I have a workaround for my issue. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb \'Appy \'Ammer:

Yes, that should work. Then if it does revert back it would revert back to German. 

Incidentally try this. Once you load a save where the change has reverted, load a save where the name was correct. Then reload that first save again. Does it change back to what you want? That's a little trick that works for me when competition names switch back to what they were before I changed them. Don't ask me why it does it, but I have a workaround for my issue. 

Did change it in the editor and now it is working.

3.jpg

Edited by Holzi
Pic :)

• 1 month later...

This looks great; I'm just looking to alter some settings on the editor to my own personal preferences.

In particular - substitute rules.

I like 3 from 3, as don't like too many substitutions in games

I've noticed that the European Cup has several rounds under just one stage.

Within this competition you can amend the number of substitutes easily.

(Under the "rounds" header, there is a substitution rules column you can edit for each round.

However, with the European Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup, there are instead several stages, (one for each round), with no separate round settings on the editor.

It's not at all obvious how you can edit the number of substitutions in these two competitions.

Do you know how I would be able to edit this information in these two competitions please?

Top work by the way - it must have taken a long while to complete this project!

Matt

Thanks Matt. Off the top of my head there's a few places that have an area to put substitute rules. I'd suggest checking out the following to see where I had added my rules and then change them to what you want. 

Look at Fixtures Dates. I believe there is a column there. Also in the stages check out Rounds. Clicking on rounds should bring up all the rounds on one screen and you can change sub rules there. Lastly I think there's something in General or Stages, general where the prize money is entered. 

As I say, I'm doing this from memory as I'm not at my pc. Hopefully that will get you on the track you want to be on. 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer