My Players Being Offered End-of-Contract Deals - No Notifications About it?

Has anyone else noticed that the notifications about your players being made offers by other clubs at the end of their contract have stopped?

I'm not sure if anything has changed in a recent patch etc, but I only noticed when looking through my squad that one of my players was offered a contract (this is January 2032, and his contract expires in June 2032). So it's no problem that someone offered a contract - the issue is that usually in your inbox you'd receive a message along the lines of "TEAM have offered YOUR PLAYER a contract".

Now I only get sight of that if I see a particular player's status, or if I get asked about it in a press conference.

As it happens, I couldn't afford keep the first-team starter because he wants Saudi wages which are more than double what he's now on, and he's 32... so off he goes. But I've just lost a younger player without me knowing he was offered elsewhere - I was deciding on whether to trigger his extension but then noticed he'd already excepted an offer from another team

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, White Flag said:

It's not an issue, it's how real life works. And it's easy enough to avoid if you want to try to keep the player.

Is it though? I'm struggling to understand what benefit there would be to a player not telling their current club if they have any interest in staying. 

I'd argue it would be more realistic to get more information from agents in these situations- something along the lines of 'my client is interested in staying but club X have offered us x per week, just an FYI.'

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Is it though? I'm struggling to understand what benefit there would be to a player not telling their current club if they have any interest in staying. 

I'd argue it would be more realistic to get more information from agents in these situations- something along the lines of 'my client is interested in staying but club X have offered us x per week, just an FYI.'

If you get to under six months left without triggering an extension or even speaking to the agent then that’s a big fat hint to the player that they aren’t wanted. There’s plenty of notification that a contract is expiring. To get to the point of being surprised by offers from other clubs the OP must have ignored multiple warnings.

That said, I do agree with you that to hear nothing at all from the agent is strange, especially if the player does want to renew. I’d have expected that to happen before other offers start coming in.

Edited by NineCloudNine

Posted (edited)

I agree, however the future transfer isn't showing in the transfer page or even as a green box with FRT on the squad overview. You have to go into the players profile to see it, whereas on a seperate save you don't and you get notifications as usual. Which makes me think this isn't intended. 

Edited by Domoboy23

4 hours ago, KingCanary said:

So the player is married, has children and a mortgage and is worried how to pay his bills when his contract runs out. Unless his current club makes clear indication that want to renew his contract then the player would surely want to consider contracts from other clubs. However if the player IS interested in staying then it would make sense inform the club he is contracted to currently to see if this prompts a renewal offer. If I was the player I would entertain potential offers and then wait until mid May when most clubs confirm their retained list. For a lot of clubs, especially tier 3 and 4 they may only ever give short contracts of 12 - 24 months. If you get a better offer in salary and also a decent contract term then you just plan to accept it without informing the club. Loyalty is a fickle commodity these days and for players I understand it, its a short career

Even if it is "realistic", just based on how many emails the game already sends you about worthless stuff, it should at least send you one letting you know that a player has accepted a pre-contract with another club, regardless if I was going to sign them again or not. It's kinda nice to know where a player is going. 

16 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

Even if it is "realistic", just based on how many emails the game already sends you about worthless stuff, it should at least send you one letting you know that a player has accepted a pre-contract with another club, regardless if I was going to sign them again or not. It's kinda nice to know where a player is going. 

But you only get emails on things where 'people' want you to know something, or on something which is common knowledge. A player accepting a pre-contract offer elsewhere does not fall into these categories. It works just like real life: if if my fixed term contact is due to expire and my employer has made no effort to offer me a renewal / extension then I am not under any obligations to share my future plans with them.

Another option here is that as part of the original contract negotiation is to add in a club extension option. Ultimately if you aren't tying down the big players you want to keep then of course they'll be contacted by other clubs. Out of interest do you tell your current employer when you look / have another job offer. possibly only if you want to squeeze a raise out of your current employer?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, White Flag said:

But you only get emails on things where 'people' want you to know something, or on something which is common knowledge. A player accepting a pre-contract offer elsewhere does not fall into these categories. It works just like real life: if if my fixed term contact is due to expire and my employer has made no effort to offer me a renewal / extension then I am not under any obligations to share my future plans with them.

Except, you know, when the media announces it. Nobody knew Lewandowski was signing with Bayern until the very day his contract ran out with Dortmund, right? 

Edited by DavutOzkan

14 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

Except, you know, when the media announces it. Nobody knew Lewandowski was signing with Bayern until the very day his contract ran out with Dortmund, right? 

Correct. And the same situation occurred with Kylian Mbappe a few days ago. Neither he nor his agent announced his plans to PSG when Real Madrid first made him a contract offer, PSG they only 'officially' found out when the announcement was made.

So: this notification is working true to real life.

1 hour ago, White Flag said:

Correct. And the same situation occurred with Kylian Mbappe a few days ago. Neither he nor his agent announced his plans to PSG when Real Madrid first made him a contract offer, PSG they only 'officially' found out when the announcement was made.

So: this notification is working true to real life.

I think your sarcasm detector might be malfunctioning.

12 minutes ago, White Flag said:

Not at all, my comment is 100% factual, I'm merely backing up DabviitOzkan's agreement with my viewpoint.

I’m not entirely convinced he is in agreement with your viewpoint :lol:.

I take your point that there is no reason to expect a player whose contract is expiring to tell his current club when he is negotiating with a new club.

However, there are multiple other ways for you to discover that this is happening. A news item (forwarded to you by your Press Officer), or an agent looking to use the offer as a bargaining tool, or your DoF learning through his contacts. The game (realistically or not) provides you with details of lots of things that you might not expect to know in detail, so it is somewhat odd that it is possible for a player to negotiate a contract with a new club and for you to know nothing about it at all until the deal is announced.

Its a bug, and I can see where people are coming from when saying its more realistic but its still a bug because this wasn't an issue when the game came out, it wasn't a new feature and the change only happened in the last major patch and it wasn't communicated as a change which means its bugged otherwise something like this would have been in the patch notes.

Personally I don't like it because with some players I don't decide if I want to keep them until nearer the end of the season but if I knew another club had offered them a contract then it would make me have to decide earlier, without knowing at all it is annoying when it comes to later deciding to keep a player only to find out they signed with someone else months ago. Why remove something that's been in the game forever and never been an issue until now.

I've had this and just put it down to me taking my eye off the ball. Fair Enough, but maybe a nudge from the Agent might be nice along the lines of "My Client is Engaging in talks with X as you have failed to make him a new contract offer" even if not for EVERY player, Maybe those with High Professionality/Model Professional.

I have also noticed this and determined it must be a bug. I have noticed on my save that if I go to player search and filter by players with less than 6 months remaining on their contract, there always used to be a "Trn" next to the players that had signed pre contracts with new clubs, however, this "Trn" is no longer there, and you can only see when you click into the player profile and see "so and so is joining Team X on XX/XX/XXXX"

This is a bug that has been reported on in multiple instances that is known by / acknowledged / being worked on by SI. Though it's their job to say whether and when a fix is coming. Tho I find it funny how some people here defend it as 'realistic'. Pls close this topic.

On 18/06/2024 at 21:48, The Mellortron said:

I set up a ticket with them, they suggested removing skins, verifying game files on steam and deleting cache / preferences from local files..... it didn't work

It happens on console too so it's the game not anything on the user end.

Extra annoying when you're a smaller club trying to wait a while before offering contracts with half your team expiring. 

On 20/06/2024 at 11:30, wearesporting said:

It happens on console too so it's the game not anything on the user end.

Extra annoying when you're a smaller club trying to wait a while before offering contracts with half your team expiring. 

Ahhhh man I didn't realise it was on console too, it's such an annoying bug I don't know how they haven't sorted it