Speculation: FM25 first reveal - when?

Since we now have entered Q2 of 2024, when do we think we will get the first major reveal of FM25?

Miles wrote this on The Future of Football Manager-blog:

THE BIG QUESTION

By this point that I’m sure that most of you are asking the same question – when can we see what this all looks like? Well, as mentioned earlier, we've had resource on FM25 for some time now, building towards a key milestone at the end of 2023. So, this means we're aiming for the first major FM25 reveal in Q2 of 2024.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/future-football-manager

June, probably. Maybe later.

With SEGA having set themselves (and a bunch of other studios) on fire, there may be some pressure to get the reveal out on time for investor reasons, but FM makes them lots of money with little obvious outside interference, and I expect someone's reminding them of that. 

21 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

My money says it won’t be Q2, probably post Euro’s so second half of July

not sure miles would go back on his word when he said Q2... He definitely sounded confident and the game has been in development for almost 4-5 years.

2 hours ago, XV20 said:

not sure miles would go back on his word when he said Q2... He definitely sounded confident and the game has been in development for almost 4-5 years.

Because A) People forget promises they made a while back

and 

B) I’ve been around enough launches where we’ve missed reveal windows

Aim low, anything else is a bonus

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Because A) People forget promises they made a while back

and 

B) I’ve been around enough launches where we’ve missed reveal windows

Aim low, anything else is a bonus

👍

I'm old enough to remember Championship Manager 3 being so delayed it released in March (and it was still buggy as hell).

At the very least, senior management are much better with deadlines than they used to be

Does this mean we probably won’t see a traditional release this year I wonder? If it’s revealed this summer it may not be released until next year?

18 hours ago, turnip said:

I'm old enough to remember Championship Manager 3 being so delayed it released in March (and it was still buggy as hell).

At the very least, senior management are much better with deadlines than they used to be

I guess you mean Championship Manager 5, which wasn't under SI?

CM3 was released in March, but I'm reading that reviews were generally positive.

18 hours ago, basseltak said:

I guess you mean Championship Manager 5, which wasn't under SI?

CM3 was released in March, but I'm reading that reviews were generally positive.

CM3 was delayed for weeks it was originally for January and came out the last week in March

On 03/04/2024 at 10:06, oche balboa said:

I recall that CM4 was the same as well. I don't expect it to be the same for FM25 (If its going to be called that)

Yeah. CM4 was the one that stands out for me as a shocker. CM3 was a bit of a jump but was generally positive. I would have been 13/14 at the time though and I’ve slept a lot since then.

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward to FM25, I have played every game since 2003 when I brought myself a PC for the 1st time and my friend gave me a copy of championshop manager. 

I am hoping and praying that FM25 is alot better than FM24. Which was so poor I went back to FM23. 

Are you pleased to see your player score for his country? please remove this stupid question I find it pointless and Repetitive. 

what am I supposed to say other than yes? its so stupid. 

Just now, EvilWolf1980 said:

I am looking forward to FM25, I have played every game since 2003 when I brought myself a PC for the 1st time and my friend gave me a copy of championshop manager. 

I am hoping and praying that FM25 is alot better than FM24. Which was so poor I went back to FM23. 

Are you pleased to see your player score for his country? please remove this stupid question I find it pointless and Repetitive. 

what am I supposed to say other than yes? its so stupid. 

I hope they don't change too much, just some prettier graphics please.  If it ain't broke and all that.  However, if they muck it up too much I'm quite happy playing FM24 for ever.  I've not so far reverted to a previous game.  It baffles me that someone would go back to FM23, I think FM24 is so much better.  Each to their own though.

I hope the new UI and graphics stuff is cool but the match engine will always be the decisive factor. Hoping they've put a good chunk of their dev resources into it. 

The forum rebranding leads me to believe that the FM25 hype train is getting warmed up on the sidelines. When? I think June.

Miles Jacobson's X posts explains the branding changes. Basically they want to reinforce that their name is Sports Interactive and not SIGames as they had become to be known.

"... we became known as SIGames over the years even though our name has always been Sports Interactive."

Nothing to do with FM25, I could be wrong of course.

29 minutes ago, starbugg said:

Miles Jacobson's X posts explains the branding changes. Basically they want to reinforce that their name is Sports Interactive and not SIGames as they had become to be known.

"... we became known as SIGames over the years even though our name has always been Sports Interactive."

I’d be surprised if the new UI within FM25 isn’t red and blue at this point. Makes a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, DP said:

I’d be surprised if the new UI within FM25 isn’t red and blue at this point. Makes a lot of sense. 

It is time to retire the purple IMO, It’s had a good run.

18 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It is time to retire the purple IMO, It’s had a good run.

tru. i think red and black would be nice

3 hours ago, starbugg said:

True, but the tweet that followed says:

7 hours ago, Slipky said:

True, but the tweet that followed says:

“In the next few months” certainly doesn’t tally with Q2 2024

29 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

“In the next few months” certainly doesn’t tally with Q2 2024

It could signify the first bit of news is next month with more following. ‘Over’ the next few months would have been better. 

Considering they said Q2 it would be good form if there was at least a teaser trailer or a ‘coming soon’ video about FM25 at some point in June. 

1 hour ago, DP said:

It could signify the first bit of news is next month with more following. ‘Over’ the next few months would have been better. 

Considering they said Q2 it would be good form if there was at least a teaser trailer or a ‘coming soon’ video about FM25 at some point in June. 

Yeah, you’re right. It could be taken that way I suppose.

It’s odd that I’m so negative about the chances of a Q2 announcement, when when it comes to Beta I’m always “It’s gonna be early”

22 hours ago, DP said:

+1 :thup: