Can't play friendlies with clubs in the same country

I'm working on a Cambodian database but it seems the clubs can't play friendlies against eachother. Instead, they arrange friendlies with teams from Indonesia (away and at home) which is draining their economy, costing way too much. It doesn't matter if they're professional or half-professional. I've seen some clubs play eachother if they're in the same city but if they're a few miles away from eachother it says "it is likely they will consider it too far to travel for this friendly." Anyone know what the issue is?

On 17/04/2024 at 23:05, poustar said:

I'm working on a Cambodian database but it seems the clubs can't play friendlies against eachother. Instead, they arrange friendlies with teams from Indonesia (away and at home) which is draining their economy, costing way too much. It doesn't matter if they're professional or half-professional. I've seen some clubs play eachother if they're in the same city but if they're a few miles away from eachother it says "it is likely they will consider it too far to travel for this friendly." Anyone know what the issue is?

Do the teams have stadiums? Are the coordinates for the stadiums set? If all this is set I don't know. 

7 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Do the teams have stadiums? Are the coordinates for the stadiums set? If all this is set I don't know. 

Most of the stadiums were not set so I gave them the proper coordinates. It seems to have fixed the 'too fary to travel' issue but the AI still prefer to play the Indonesian clubs. Any suggestion how to stop them from playing these very expensive friendlies?

If it's showing them as too far to travel, there must be incorrect info somewhere? Check the coordinates for the local regions (if they have them) and cities in Cambodia too, I wonder if someone added a W coordinate as an E (i.e. plus or minus when it should have been the other way), and all of the relevant stadiums. If it's not a travel issue, I think you could set all the Indonesian clubs as rivals to the Cambodian clubs (with a low number so it doesn't show in-game) and the box for "does not play friendlies" checked, although that would probably just lead to more issues

All the coordinates for cities, stadiums and local regions are correct. I've tested the database clear from any other database loaded and I've tried other Cambodian databases and the issue remains. I played another database a few months ago and don't remember this being an issue so I went back to check and there was not as many international friendlies but still the majority of friendlies were international. (In the save I did a few months ago it was mainly friendlies with Vietnamese clubs, not Indonesian).

I guess this must be an issue within the base game then? I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the expenses, putting these poor clubs in debt. :( 

Here's the .fmf if anyone is willing to check it out.

(CAM).fmf

I've been looking to do a "Build a nation"-save with Cambodia and I'll be using the in-game editor quite a bit. If I can't solve the problem I guess I could use the in-game editor to refund all the money they're losing every pre-season haha.