Useless player just refusing to leave, and I'm on the verge of tearing my hairs out. Need urgent help.

As you all know, Serie A has some pretty strict transfer rules regarding non-EU players, and I'm in trouble with it now.

Just got promoted by winning the Serie B on an invincible streak, and now I'm looking to buy two dream South American wonderkids, which I thought I had the slots for.

Problem is, I forgot that Albania and Serbia are non-EU countries, and a Zambian who was out of loan the entire season before I even got the managerial role is back, meaning my two non-EU slots for the transfer is suddenly down to one. I'm trying to offer out these guys for literally free and with half the wages covered, but no one is willing to buy. The Albanian guy had one club after him, and when he rejected that one contract offer, I almost punched my monitor.

My question is, can I just terminate these guy's contract in order to free up those slots? I'm fed up trying to find buyers for them.

Yes you can terminate a contract (right click on player - contract - "release on a free"). You have to pay the remaining loyalty bonus and all wages due till the end of the contract. Your board might object/block it if it's a lot of money. You can offer a 'mutual termination' instead, though i'm not sure what (if any) difference that makes to the amount you have to pay.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Yes you can terminate a contract (right click on player - contract - "release on a free"). You have to pay the remaining loyalty bonus and all wages due till the end of the contract. Your board might object/block it if it's a lot of money. You can offer a 'mutual termination' instead, though i'm not sure what (if any) difference that makes to the amount you have to pay.

I know I can terminate a contract, but will that termination free up the non-EU slot? Because the Serie A rules in FM says that the non-EU player has to see his contract expire, not contract termination.

Edited by Hellblaster03

1 hour ago, Hellblaster03 said:

I know I can terminate a contract, but will that termination free up the non-EU slot? Because the Serie A rules in FM says that the non-EU player has to see his contract expire, not contract termination.

Why don’t you save, try it to see, then go back to your saved game if it doesn’t? It’ll take you about a minute, then you can come back here and answer your own question :brock:

13 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

You can offer a 'mutual termination' instead, though i'm not sure what (if any) difference that makes to the amount you have to pay.

If a player accepts mutual termination it will be at a lower, negotiated amount, usually about 60% of what the full loyalty bonus/contract would be. Unlikely to work in this case since it seems that the players have no intention of leaving.

Posted (edited)

Update: It does not work. I had to cave in and let the Albanian guy leave for a lower tier Italian club (which means his non-EU slot isn't freed up, and mutually terminated the Zambian guy's contract, which also doesn't seem to free up any non-EU slots. So I had to resort to signing just one non-EU Colombian wonderkid, and leave the rest of the slots free for some big non-EU signings next season.

Edited by Hellblaster03

Em 05/05/2024 em 18:24, Hellblaster03 disse:

As you all know, Serie A has some pretty strict transfer rules regarding non-EU players, and I'm in trouble with it now.

Just got promoted by winning the Serie B on an invincible streak, and now I'm looking to buy two dream South American wonderkids, which I thought I had the slots for.

Problem is, I forgot that Albania and Serbia are non-EU countries, and a Zambian who was out of loan the entire season before I even got the managerial role is back, meaning my two non-EU slots for the transfer is suddenly down to one. I'm trying to offer out these guys for literally free and with half the wages covered, but no one is willing to buy. The Albanian guy had one club after him, and when he rejected that one contract offer, I almost punched my monitor.

My question is, can I just terminate these guy's contract in order to free up those slots? I'm fed up trying to find buyers for them.

I had similar issue. Player refused to be accept any team. Got big proposals and in the end refused to everyone to play in 2nd division in Brighton...

Hahahahaha 

Absolutely ridiculous 

About your case, if he is influent then just loan him out. Or put in team b or reserves until his value goes to zero

On 14/05/2024 at 05:20, deltasfd11 said:

I had similar issue. Player refused to be accept any team. Got big proposals and in the end refused to everyone to play in 2nd division in Brighton...

Hahahahaha 

Absolutely ridiculous 

About your case, if he is influent then just loan him out. Or put in team b or reserves until his value goes to zero

Already gave my update. I ended up having to sell him to a Serie B club, so I could only get one non-EU wonderkid.

On 05/05/2024 at 10:24, Hellblaster03 said:

If you are certain you want a player gone, make him angry. 

Talk to him to convince him to leave...an interaction promoted by offering him out to other clubs. Stick him in the under 21s. Talk to him more and make sure you get negative reactions to the chat.

Some players you won't be able to move on, just like in real life despite your efforts. Usually you can offer them out for loans in the worst case scenarios. I'm playing with several transfer restrictions in my own save and moving players out is more difficult, but it's a positive challenge I think. It's never been easier to move players on than in FM24 with the addition of Intermediaries to sell them for you. 

Em 05/05/2024 em 18:24, Hellblaster03 disse:

recently its been an issue for  me too

right now with so many bugs and problems i just decided to stop playing.

im happy, did a lot of saves,. some long term...

with current situation its not funny to make long term saves, too many issues sabotaging the club

Put in the under 18's then dont register them for the league or anything. At that point they normally get the message otherwise release on a free or run down the contract.