Gizzy Game - Euro 2024 Draft! Sign Up!

Gizzy

Posted (edited)

Looking for 24 players for the next Gizzy Game, The Euro 2024 Draft! 1 player for each of the participating countries.

Players will pick a squad of 11 Euros players to play against each other. Their teams will be voted on by the users of the Football Forum. We will have a group stage and knockouts that mirror the stages of the Euros.

If you would like to be involved please post in the thread.

We have 39 days until Euro2024 kicks off so should be enough time for the picks  

New draft players are always welcome, any questions please ask  :)

ec-2024-general-logo.jpg

3 Things before signing up...

1 - I go on Holiday on July 13th, the day before the Final. So the final of the draft will go live before then and finish for the final

2 - This will be one draft of 24 players, which is longer than our usual 16 player drafts

3 - Thinking of having a draft rule of only one pick per country per round, so if the player picking first picks a player from England no one else can pick an English player in round 1

If anyone sees a problem with the new rule, let me know

Hopefully this thread can be moved into the Euros sub forum when one is made, and all match threads will be over there as well.

Players:

@Ronaldo Beckham
@Rebs
@GunmaN1905
@Muttley84
@BigV
@Pompeyboyz
@SouthCoastRed
@Rikulec
@JD nawrat
@Freakiie
@Crispypaul
@The Golden boy
@Scott1892
@PaulHartman71
@Harryseaess
@grff
@Darius1998
@hilly_boro
@Yuko
@Joel B
@Bliss Seeker
@Baptista_8
@mrw072
@WillHoward42

Nations Players
Albania WillHoward42
Austria Harryseaess
Belgium grff
Croatia Joel B
Czech Republic Rikulec
Denmark mrw072
England GunmaN1905
France Rebs
Georgia Freakiie
Germany Bliss Seeker
Hungary Crispypaul
Italy Ronaldo Beckham
Netherlands BigV
Poland Darius1998
Portugal JD nawrat
Romania The Golden boy
Scotland Scott1892
Serbia Muttley84
Slovakia Pompeyboyz
Slovenia hilly_boro
Spain SouthCoastRed
Switzerland Yuko
Turkey Baptista_8
Ukraine PaulHartman71

Draft Rules:

There will 11 rounds where users will pick a player from a nation playing at Euro2024. If your player doesn't make the final squad then they will have to be replaced at the end of the draft.

The draft order for each round will be randomly drawn, so not like a usual draft where the order snakes.

A Nation can only be picked from once each round and each user can only have 1 player from each nation over their 11 picks. 

A player can only be picked once.

You can pick your players in any order e.g a striker, then a left back, then a goalkeeper.

You can have as many players for one position as you like, e.g 11 goalkeepers or 7 strikers and 4 defenders.

When it is your turn to pick, make your choice in the thread like this:

1. Cantona (France), 2. Scholes (England)

When it is your turn to pick you will have 6 hours inside the game window of 8am and 11pm to make your pick and post in the thread. You can make picks outside this time but will not be punished for not picking outside this time.

If you miss your pick you will get two picks next time, miss that pick and you are out of the game.

If you pick when it is not your turn you will also lose that turn and your player will be available for someone else.

When all players have finished picking, teams will play each other in their group fixtures and then onto a knock-out tournament. Players will pick their formations and where their players will play.

A thread will be made for each match and forum users will vote on who they think will win the match between the two teams.

The winner going through to the next round, the loser leaves the comp. We will keep going until we have a winner.

Draft Order:

Round 11
Bliss Seeker
grff
Darius1998
PaulHartman71
mrw072
Muttley84
JD nawrat
Rebs
Scott1892
BigV
Baptista_8
Yuko
WillHoward42
Crispypaul
Kawee
Ronaldo Beckham
hilly_boro
GunmaN1905
Pompeyboyz
The Golden boy
Freakiie
Harryseaess
Joel B
SouthCoastRed

Edited by Gizzy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I would be interested in this. Do I need to do anything ?

When it's your turn each round you will have to pick a Player who will play at Euro2024 to make a team of 11 players

i'll have a crack, but I am in Brazil from 5th to 16th July so how much I can participate during those date is unknown

58 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

If anyone sees a problem with the new rule, let me know

If you are last pick each round you’ll only have one country to pick from, what if you already have someone from that nation?

That said, I’m in :thup:

Sure, count me in. :thup:

Not sure if the new rule won't screw over the players in the middle of the pecking order though. The players starting each round are naturally more likely to pick from the bigger nations, meaning those going later on might never get a shot at them in the worst case scenario.

8 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

i'll have a crack, but I am in Brazil from 5th to 16th July so how much I can participate during those date is unknown

Picking will be done before the tournament starts on the 14th June, then after you've submitted your formation you can sit back and enjoy, no more input needed :thup: 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

If you are last pick each round you’ll only have one country to pick from, what if you already have someone from that nation?

That said, I’m in :thup:

If that were to happen, we can ignore the 1 per nation rule?

Just now, Gizzy said:

I can see a point deep into the draft where the 1 per nation rule might be totally unusable.  Better to either limit this rule to the first 5-10 rounds or ignore it all together

4 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Sure, count me in. :thup:

Not sure if the new rule won't screw over the players in the middle of the pecking order though. The players starting each round are naturally more likely to pick from the bigger nations, meaning those going later on might never get a shot at them in the worst case scenario.

As with all draft games the luck of the draw does play a part?

Players in the middle might just have to wait until the back end of the draft to pick from those nations

I'm sure some at the ends will pick from smaller nations to get their best pick

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Does it create the potential problem that last pick gets the same turd every 2nd round? For example, let's just agree that Georgia is the worst nation there and nobody wants any of their players except for a very obvious one. Round 1 said star goes, round 2, nobody picks Georgia, so the last person gets a Georgian. Round 3, much the same, but it is the opposite end of the draft gets landed with them. Then in Round 4, it's back to Player A getting a crappy Georgian :D This can then happen again in Rd6, 8 and 10... And in rounds 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11, Player B could be getting the other half of the Georgian national team. 

Edited by JD nawrat

I know it's probably a lot of work, but I like the idea of a draft where every single round is a random order pick. So luck of the draw might gift someone 1st pick every round, or 24th every round, but you could also go from 1st to 10th to 20th etc. 

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

I know it's probably a lot of work, but I like the idea of a draft where every single round is a random order pick. So luck of the draw might gift someone 1st pick every round, or 24th every round, but you could also go from 1st to 10th to 20th etc. 

I like this idea

Just a case of randomising the list for every round. I could even publish the whole draft with each round randomised beforehand

Count me in.

If we do a randomised draft I think it'd be more fun if the order is announced per round. If you're going for chaos, better go all the way and completely remove the ability to look ahead. :brock:

38 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

I like this idea

Just a case of randomising the list for every round. I could even publish the whole draft with each round randomised beforehand

I can create a randomised draw for each round to make sure there are no duplicates.

Then up to you if you want to announce it all before hand or round per round basis. 

Naturally I would know my round picks if you went round per round, but it is not like I am ever any good at these things :D

9 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I can create a randomised draw for each round to make sure there are no duplicates.

Then up to you if you want to announce it all before hand or round per round basis. 

Naturally I would know my round picks if you went round per round, but it is not like I am ever any good at these things :D

Cheers mate. I can sort an excel formula to sort it for me :thup: 

That way you can be in the dark like everyone else :D 

9 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Cheers mate. I can sort an excel formula to sort it for me :thup: 

That way you can be in the dark like everyone else :D 

Rats, I was already on round 11 :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

How did you do it?

A bit using a randomiser and a bit manually to eliminate duplicates

That is correct 7 spaces left

I'll tag a few regular draft players later tonight if we haven't filled up before the football starts