Which leagues do you think will be most interesting to manage in FM25?

i'm sure the bundesliga and brazil first division league will be fun and pretty interesting. Although, premier league could always come out as a top priority🤷 (hopefully it gets licensed)..

Posted (edited)

Bundesliga is my pick as the best league I've played in FM.

Great to develop young players, great rules, 34 matches, Challenging teams, players with balanced attributes...

Brazil is crap, unfortunately it is too easy to get rich and SI can't simulate the mess that Brazilian football is about. 

Italian Calcio is great as well, it is getting to be a strong league as it was in the past, with clubs not being overpowered by Juve.

Edited by Rodrigogc

12 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

Bundesliga is my pick as the best league I've played in FM.

Great to develop young players, great rules, 34 matches, Challenging teams, players with balanced attributes...

Brazil is crap, unfortunately it is too easy to get rich and SI can't simulate the mess that Brazilian football is about. 

Italian Calcio is great as well, it is getting to be a strong league as it was in the past, with clubs not being overpowered by Juve.

👍

On 10/05/2024 at 23:21, XV20 said:

i'm sure the bundesliga and brazil first division league will be fun and pretty interesting. Although, premier league could always come out as a top priority🤷 (hopefully it gets licensed)..

I'd be very surprised if the Premier League gets licenced.

I think it will be interesting to manage in the women's game seeing as that is apparently going to be introduced in FM25.

21 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Surely the answer is the Women's Leagues. That's the new feature.

Will be interesting to see how they vary in feel, but I'm wary that there won't be a huge difference.  FM is already an incredibly sterile game at its heart, and unless a lot of work has gone into the background in that regard, there probably isn't going to be a huge difference in playing a season in one league as there will to playing in another, women's or otherwise.

Posted (edited)
On 15/05/2024 at 14:12, phnompenhandy said:

Surely the answer is the Women's Leagues. That's the new feature.

Depends how deep they go down the ladder for me. I usually like to play in England simply because it's 6 divisions deep. Doubt they're going to do that.

There's always custom databases, which may or may not work well with women's leagues. Only went custom for my first time this season in men's as 6 tiers was no longer enough.

If the game accurately refelcts some of the awful women's teams it might be a fun challenge to play as one of them. Going through WSL stats, the bottom team has finished on 6 points, 11, 11 & 12 from 22 games the past 4 years. There was Sheffield United in the English men's top flight doing similarly poorly this season but that sort of disparity seems to happen more often in the Women's top division.

Edit: Looking further, Sporting Huelva have 6 points from 27 in La Liga F, 2 teams are on 13 from 22 in the French women's top league, MSV Duisburg women's team have just 4 from 21 in Germany. If they put really bad teams in the league that like that it could be fun!

Edited by fat mole

1 hour ago, fat mole said:

Depends how deep they go down the ladder for me. I usually like to play in England simply because it's 6 divisions deep. Doubt they're going to do that.

There's always custom databases, which may or may not work well with women's leagues. Only went custom for my first time this season in men's as 6 tiers was no longer enough.

If the game accurately refelcts some of the awful women's teams it might be a fun challenge to play as one of them. Going through WSL stats, the bottom team has finished on 6 points, 11, 11 & 12 from 22 games the past 4 years. There was Sheffield United in the English men's top flight doing similarly poorly this season but that sort of disparity seems to happen more often in the Women's top division.

Edit: Looking further, Sporting Huelva have 6 points from 27 in La Liga F, 2 teams are on 13 from 22 in the French women's top league, MSV Duisburg women's team have just 4 from 21 in Germany. If they put really bad teams in the league that like that it could be fun!

Yes, I'm a 'lowest league manager' who only plays FM with custom lower league add-ons. I like to go down to the 15th or 20th tier if my rig can manage; if not, I use the editor to give my starting squad all CA1. I would expect the great editor dudes to make custom lower league databases for the women's game, and the lower the ability the better in my book!