How excited are you?

54 minutes ago, Divinity said:

What did she say about the flag? 

I thought you meant a little plastic flagpole but that's basically a permanent installation. :D 

Wasn't impressed by the size of it (not the first time I've heard that before just very different reasons) but after explaining to her it's basically a beacon to help football find its way home she gave up as could see I'd gone mad :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Just taken the kids on a late night trip to the big Tesco. FFS. £60 on those Italian and Spanish style meats, then some Scottish shortbread and cheeses from Germany and Switzerland and Netherlands and Denmark.

£60 ffs. I am a ****ing idiot. AND that only gets me through until Sunday night. Come Monday when France and Belgium play we all know I will be traipsing back for croissants and waffles.

German cheese? I mean german beer or sausage or bread yes I get... but cheese?!?

I've gone as far as a German beer for tonight's game, but not intending to keep that sort of thing going all tournament!

Not least because it would make work quite interesting...

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

One of those names kind of sticks out. :D

Got to represent the home nations somehow!

Just watched highlights of Spain against France in 2000 when Raul hit the bar with a penalty. Two madly good sides.

How long has it been on there?  I also only found it this morning.

Far too much recency bias though... can't believe they are missing the Panenka and the France v Portugal semi final in '84 and the Dutch win with the van Basten goal. Yet Ronaldo rescuing a draw in a 2016 group game somehow gets in.

Edited by Rob1981

15 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

The iPlayer thing is GREAT :cool:

Just watched the 2004 game between the Dutch and Czechs. Fabulous game.

that's the game when they were Holland were 2-0 up inside about 25 minutes and the Czechs came back to win 3-2? cracking game that was

Czechs had a really good team at that point, Nedved in midfield with big Koller and Baros upfront

On 10/06/2024 at 11:05, Barry Cartman said:

Rob watching the Euros

mqdefault.jpg

Sure enough. Five minutes pissing about with the new aerial and I’ve already put it back in the box and gone back to the firestick. Looks like I will be two minutes behind in the match threads after all :( 

On 03/06/2024 at 22:20, EnterUsernameHere said:

Will watch most games. Starting a new job soon though so will probably not be able to catch (m)any of the 2pm weekday games.

Ignore this. Had that start delayed by a week, so now I'm locked in for three games a day. 

14 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Sure enough. Five minutes pissing about with the new aerial and I’ve already put it back in the box and gone back to the firestick. Looks like I will be two minutes behind in the match threads after all :( 

At least you can preplan your joy (or despair) by a few minutes this way :D

25 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Its missing Ukraine, Georgia & Poland :mad:

Yup.  Committed to an earlier order deadline so they can cut costs, then they have to press the button and start making it before they know which of the playoff teams have got through.

Same as the Match Attax stuff my youngest has got; the folder has only 21 teams out of 24.  Although that's unforgiveable for an official UEFA product.  You can just about forgive some knocked off tat in Asda.

23 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

You can just about forgive some knocked off tat in Asda.

It only cost £1 and was the last on a random shelf, but its the principle :mad:

Edited by Barry Cartman

55 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Finally put the bunting up last night in preparation for hosting the England game later for family. Its missing Ukraine, Georgia & Poland :mad:

****ing Asda screwed me and @Rob1981

And that is why mum's go to Iceland.

I wouldn't have even noticed tbf, but my Euros & Flags obsessed twins who are well into this so much so that 1 of them has woke me up at 4am for the past 3 nights asking what was the 8pm kick off score, noticed straight away :D