Could someone suggest a new save idea?

I want to do a new save, preferably with a team on the second or third tier of any top 5 league with decent youth setups. Any suggestion? Would be a plus if it's a team who is used to play with 3 at back systems irl 

Posted (edited)

Crewe Alexandra. No idea about preferred tactic but are known for their academy and commitment to player development now and throughout their history (though that does include some very unpleasant aspects as well).

Edited by NineCloudNine

Schalke have fallen down to the 2 Bundesliga in Germany and have a pretty decent youth set up. They are riddled with debt so I’m currently trying to return them towards the top of the German system on a shoestring budget built around my youth players.

It's a little diversion from the top 5 leagues, but MTK Budapest have a great youth setup in the game.

Getting MTK to compete in Europe would be the goal instead of rising up the leagues, I guess.

I had a fantasticly memorable save with MTK in FM23. That's why I've diverted a little from your premise to suggest them.

Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2024 at 11:20, hotredabyss said:

I want to do a new save, preferably with a team on the second or third tier of any top 5 league with decent youth setups. Any suggestion? Would be a plus if it's a team who is used to play with 3 at back systems irl 

Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Reading

Edited by silentwars

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, Burton Albion. They use England teams facilities.

A bit more random try something of a fallen giant like Bursaspor in Turkey. Excellent senior and youth facilities and a 42k stadium sitting in the 3rd tier. 

I have myself as my first and only save on FM24 (only had it a few months) started with a Turkish team Goztepe. First Turkish save I've ever tried. Facilities are not good. Slowly upgrading with success after 4 seasons. TV/Prize money is very low compared with major leagues so it's making it quite interesting compared with what I've done in previous FMs.