[Suggestion] Historical play

I have always wondered why there has never been a historical mode. A mode where you pick a team from some point in the past and play them. Doesn't anyone want to, for example, take the 1958 Manchester United team and see what they could have become if the horrific Munich plane crash had never happened? 

When I'm depressed I like to go to youtube and watch Ronaldinho highlights. I would love to be able to start a new FM save with that great old Barcelona team with Ronaldinho and Messi. Am I the only one who feels this way? 

One of the great things about the OOTP baseball game is that you can go back in time and play any baseball team. I wish we had a soccer game where we could do that. But I'm old, and do not expect such a thing to happen in my lifetime. More than 20 years ago I suggested an editor for this game, and got flamed for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2024 at 23:01, Antonin said:

I have always wondered why there has never been a historical mode.

Because can you imagine how hard it is to find club rosters for any team outside of the big leagues. Even rosters for some smaller Dutch and German teams in the top division will be difficult for anything earlier than the 50s. Additionally there are issues over how historical events would be portrayed in games, and surely other issues such as historical sponsorships that teams had.

Also, I guess it would be really difficult in terms of legal rights.

But I agree that it would be a very cool feature.

To limit the database impact they could chose for just a few sinigificant starting years (although that choice will be tough to make; but could let the community vote)