Incredibly interested player not signing contract?

I dont know if this is a bug or perhaps just poor wording on the games part but I offered a contract to a player who was 'incredibly interested' with 6 hours left until the end of deadline day and he just... doesnt sign the contract and lets it laps at the end of the deadline day. Is this something that someone has seen happen with a player who is allegedly very keen to join your club? It doesnt seem like realistic behavior, especially given that in addition to his interest, I am offering him squad player over his current clubs fringe player, and more money than he is currently making. He also doesnt have any other offers from other clubs that could cause him to stall.

image.png.9972058fd07c3d8cb5bdcce488a7c168.png

Edited by phantombandit

3 hours ago, phantombandit said:

I dont know if this is a bug or perhaps just poor wording on the games part but I offered a contract to a player who was 'incredibly interested' with 6 hours left until the end of deadline day and he just... doesnt sign the contract and lets it laps at the end of the deadline day. Is this something that someone has seen happen with a player who is allegedly very keen to join your club? It doesnt seem like realistic behavior, especially given that in addition to his interest, I am offering him squad player over his current clubs fringe player, and more money than he is currently making. He also doesnt have any other offers from other clubs that could cause him to stall.

image.png.9972058fd07c3d8cb5bdcce488a7c168.png

it's a hazard of leaving your business to deadline day, contracts fall apart on deadline day and 6 hours is barely any time. You can view cases like Ziyech's move from Chelsea collapsing IRL due to a misent document. 

You can offer him a higher status in the squad + higher wages if you're on a deadline. His interest in joining you is compared to the reputation of his own club as well.

Edited by Cloud9

I’ve not seen it with a transfer, but have had it a few times where I’ve tried to secure a deadline day loan to cover an injury or unexpected sale. Seems like the urgency is missing for a deadline day loan.