Game 1: Germany vs Scotland from the Fußball Arena München, LIVE on ITV1 kick off 8pm

What will be the result?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/24 at 18:59

56 minutes ago, Redshift said:

I mean given the weather right now it wouldn’t surprise me if half of Scotland was over there. 

Apparently they've estimated there are 200,000 fans there, so about 4% of the population is in Munich right now - not quite half but still mad!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes to go until ITV1 go live, which means our first look at ITV's tournament titles. Always an exciting time. :D

Here's a reminder of what the BBC and ITV went with for the last major tournament in Germany. (Can't imbed the videos. Grrr.)

The BBC were clear winners in 2006 for me, but ITV usually make the better, more spine-tingling intros. I just hope the BBC make a better effort than the "HERE WE HERE WE HERE WE GO" garbage from 18 months ago.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Found an even more epic version of Flower. :cool:

All I want is Scotland to score first for massive scenes. :D

CMON!!! You've got to love Ronnie Browne - and I'm English! 

3 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

He's doing it on hard mode, too, going out at the group stage the last three times.

Germany wish they had gone out at the group stage in Euro 2020. Then they would have avoided us. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

He's doing it on hard mode, too, going out at the group stage the last three times.

Modrić should be at 32 right now. Could've been 35 if 2010 WC wasn't missed.

Kind of ridiculous that Maldini doesn't have a trophy with Italy.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just can't get hyped for Germany taking the experiment "False Nine" into the 5th major tournament in a row after it failed 4 times already. 5th time's the charm or something apparently. :seagull:

42 minutes ago, Smallen said:

are there no other Scottish people on ITV’s payroll or summat? :D. I’m bemused.

Yeah, it's pretty disgraceful really.

I cannot believe that we are having to endure Sam Matterface here. ITV are so ****ing **** it's not even funny.

3 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Just can't get hyped for Germany taking the experiment "False Nine" into the 5th major tournament in a row after it failed 4 times already. 5th time's the charm or something apparently. :seagull:

I mean, what are we going to do? We simply haven't had a really good number nine since Klose. Füllkrug is the closest thing we have, and he's not really at that level.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Only 5 minutes ceremonty. Germany efficency at work.

So unnecessary. As far as I'm concerned they could do away with this nonsense completely. For all sports. If I want to see dancing, I'll go to a theater. Bah! Humbug!

The music at this opening ceremony is top-notch. OneRepublic, followed by some guy going "dur dur dur".

Were Lena and Rammstein not available then?

Edited by CFuller

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

I mean, what are we going to do? We simply haven't had a really good number nine since Klose. Füllkrug is the closest thing we have, and he's not really at that level.

Fullkrug is plenty good with his skillset, imo.

1 minute ago, DJ said:

So unnecessary. As far as I'm concerned they could do away with this nonsense completely. For all sports. If I want to see dancing, I'll go to a theater. Bah! Humbug!

As the great Max Allegri said: If you want to be entertained, go to the circus.