SI Forum Euro 2024 Fantasy Football League

I think I'm going Limitless MD3 and Wildcard for the quarter finals.  I can see a few shocks to be honest so it would be good to change my team later in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

Limitless MD3 and Wildcard for the quarters here too.

Mbappe and Szoboszlai out for Griezmann and Musiala for matchday 2.

Yeah I'm doing the same with Mbappe just not sure who to replace him with as France so many to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, VP. said:

Yeah I'm doing the same with Mbappe just not sure who to replace him with as France so many to choose from. 

I read somewhere that Greizmann is on pens and the majority of set plays so that swayed me.

34 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

I read somewhere that Greizmann is on pens and the majority of set plays so that swayed me.

I already went with Dembele ffs :D

I'm saving my limitless for the Semis and making just two changes.

Gvardiol and Lukaku in for Grimaldo and Mbappé. I still have Buongiorno, who didn't play last time, but whatever.

11 hours ago, noikeee said:

You can switch the entire team after the groups yes, but not during the knockouts. It's in the rules page:

Phase Number of free transfers
Before tournament starts Unlimited
During group stage 2 per matchday
Before round of 16 Unlimited
Before quarter-finals 3
Before semi-finals 4
Before final 5

I think based on this, I will roll the dice and use Unlimited for the Quarters and then the wildcard for the Semis

Feel like there could be a few unpredictable results in the last 16 that those 3 free transfers might not be enough

What I've gone for for this round. Average start :D

Wanted a French forward to replace Mbappe (if he's even out of the next game?) but had no idea which one would be most likely to start over him.

Screenshot_20240619_162659_EURO.jpg

Mbappe and De Cuyper OUT, Ronaldo and Stones IN.  Ronaldo should have scored at least a couple last night so going to take a chance on him.

18 minutes ago, VP. said:

So with this limitless can you just make as many changes as you want throughout that round of matches?

You would needed to have made those transfers before the GW deadline.  It is like the Free Hit in FPL.

Limitless
Limitless gives you the chance to pick your dream squad for one matchday only.

Playing it allows you to make unlimited free transfers for that matchday with no budget restrictions. Once the matchday has finished, your squad will go back to how it was before you played your Limitless chip.

The normal rules for automatic subs, manual subs and captain changes still apply when playing Limitless, as well as formation constraints and the number of players you can pick from one team.

If you've already saved transfers ahead of a matchday and you then play your Limitless chip, the transfers you've made previously will be cancelled, along with any points deductions.

33 minutes ago, VP. said:

So with this limitless can you just make as many changes as you want throughout that round of matches?

You have unlimited transfers and unlimited budget for 1 MD, so can pick any team you want, then it reverts back to your original squad. It's best to have used it either MD2 or MD3 as the games get harder for the top players after that 

Edited by Barry Cartman

7 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Surely Cancelo should get the asset for the OG, they gave Mbappe one for the cross that was headed in for an OG 

Pretty sure Nuno Mendes got one too last time out.

What happens if you sub in a player (Dalot) who doesn’t play at all. Does he automatically get subbed back out for your first sub? Even though I have already subbed out my first sub?

12 hours ago, Gizmo7 said:

What happens if you sub in a player (Dalot) who doesn’t play at all. Does he automatically get subbed back out for your first sub? Even though I have already subbed out my first sub?

Looks like the automatic subs don’t happen, and I still have Dalot in my team despite him not playing.

Ah well, on to Limitless MD3 :cool:

Well, that was a disappointing MD2. Was in the top 5 but now down to 10th. :(

Guess it's Limitless time now. Still have my Wildcard in hand in case I need it for the Quarters onwards.

8 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Might as well wait until 7pm for the German team news before making any changes to see who's been rotated 

I doubt there will be many rotations.
They'll have six days of rest after this match and they haven't won the group.

Spain and Portugal are the only teams that will probably rotate.

On 23/06/2024 at 08:15, Gizmo7 said:

Looks like the automatic subs don’t happen, and I still have Dalot in my team despite him not playing.

Ah well, on to Limitless MD3 :cool:

I did the same with Dalot.  I didn't see him missing out completely.

I'm gonna go from top to likely being *****.

Messed up my captain selection MD2 - gave it Kramaric day one, thought he'd ended on 6 (12) so thought I'd risk changing it. Then realised straight away he'd actually been given 3 bonus points (so would have been 18 total). Chased it the rest of that Matchday and ended up with Kvaratskhelia captain getting me 4 points total :D

House move and forgot to do my team at all for MD3, so unless I get lucky I'm gonna have an awful time of it during this round. Used Limitless for MD2 as well so have reverted back to my MD1 side.

Ffs :D

Edited by Baptista_8

Probably just on the border of what I would be happy with but think I’m going to stick with this as my captain so I’m not frantically chasing for the rest of the MD.

Final group games are looking to be chaotic and very difficult to predict performances.

IMG_7179.jpeg

9 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

I'm gonna go from top to likely being *****.

Messed up my captain selection MD2 - gave it Kramaric day one, thought he'd ended on 6 (12) so thought I'd risk changing it. Then realised straight away he'd actually been given 3 bonus points (so would have been 18 total). Chased it the rest of that Matchday and ended up with Kvaratskhelia captain getting me 4 points total :D

House move and forgot to do my team at all for MD3, so unless I get lucky I'm gonna have an awful time of it during this round. Used Limitless for MD2 as well so have reverted back to my MD1 side.

Ffs :D

I was top by 20+pts after MD1, I'm now 6th 28pts behind the leader :brock:

8 hours ago, Gizmo7 said:

Probably just on the border of what I would be happy with but think I’m going to stick with this as my captain so I’m not frantically chasing for the rest of the MD.

Final group games are looking to be chaotic and very difficult to predict performances.

IMG_7179.jpeg

I captained Grimaldo as well (with Torres up front) and I'm going to stick too. They've taken me up to 4th place. :thup:

Have six players in action today (three England, two France, and Simons) so I'm hoping to crack the top three.

If we captain somebody for one of the 5pm games and they blank, can we then switch to somebody playing at 8 or does the 5pm deadline cover all games tonight?

Might have to just captain Mbappe, hope for a return and then shift it onto somebody playing tomorrow if he doesn't score big.

Edited by TheWednesday

9 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

If we captain somebody for one of the 5pm games and they blank, can we then switch to somebody playing at 8 or does the 5pm deadline cover all games tonight?

Might have to just captain Mbappe, hope for a return and then shift it onto somebody playing tomorrow if he doesn't score big.

No deadline is 5pm today for any changes, so at least you get to see if Mbappe starts before deciding 

Frimpong on the bench.

Netherlands XI: Verbruggen; Geertruida, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Aké; Schouten, Reijnders, Veerman; Malen, Gakpo,  Memphis.

Austria XI: Pentz; Posch, Lienhart, Wöber, Prass; Seiwald, Grillitsch; Wimmer, Sabitzer, Schmid; Arnautović.

Greizmann benched 

France XI: Maignan; Koundé, Upamecano, Saliba, Hernández; Tchouaméni, Kanté, Rabiot; Dembélé, Barcola, Mbappé.

Poland XI: Skorupski; Bednarek, Dawidowicz, Kiwior; Frankowski, Szymański, Moder, Zieliński, Zalewski; Lewandowski, Urbański.

Hearing mixed rumours that Jota is injured ffs

With Portugal being the 8pm kick-off we're unlikely to get team news before subs deadline, so I'm now faced with the exciting dilemma of risking a 0 by starting him and him not playing at all, or keeping one of my guys who scored a measly 2 as at least it's points in the bank.