Game 2: Hungary vs Switzerland live from the Cologne Stadium, ITV1 2pm

What will be the result?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/24 at 12:59

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's more like it! Was just about to say how well the Swiss were still pressing after 65 minutes too, but thats not great defending.

Just pump it in the box lads, always works

Just now, Haguey said:

FM favourite Stergiou here.

Indeed. One of my Rennes unbeatables from FM21. :cool:

(As was Szoboszlai.)

True words in the Guardian:

This is good for Scotland. We play Switzerland next, who will be very confident, perhaps overconfident, and probably happy with a point after winning their first game. Germany will surely beat Hungary, meaning that victory for Scotland in their final group game against the Magyars will almost certainly guarantee qualification. A tried and tested formula that has worked in the past for Scotland against Yugoslavia in 1974, Holland in 1978, the Soviet Union in 1982, Uruguay in 1986, Brazil in 1990, Switzerland in 1996, Morocco in 1998, Croatia in 2021.

This is so annoying, they need to implement a rule for players going down injured.

If the game gets stopped because of your injury, you have to go out for at least three minutes to get it checked out.

Five minutes for head injury.

And all that after the pathetic Hungarian free-kick, which - surprise, surprise - World's Strongest Man wasn't quick enough to get to. :lol:

Great game. Really thought Hungary were going to get the equaliser at one point, but no dice.

I think the main takeaway here is that both of these teams should be able to spank Scotland.

Edited by Rob1981

Loads of fun that game. Hungary stepped up a lot in the second half but just ran out of steam. I suspect neither side will get beyond the first knockout stage as they're too lightweight up front, but that was entertaining.

Szoboszlai didn't do anything like enough for Hungary today.

Why are they talking about Embolo as if he's an absolute superstar? Decent player, doesn't score that many goals, and is probably a reason why Switzerland haven't managed to compete more despite having some good teams.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Great game. Really thought Hungary were going to get the equaliser at one point, but no dice.

I think the main takeaway here is that both of these teams should be able to spank Scotland.

Hungarians were struggling when the Swiss pressed them hard. Scotland are capable of doing that. We'll get mullared by the Swiss, though.

31 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Loads of fun that game. Hungary stepped up a lot in the second half but just ran out of steam. I suspect neither side will get beyond the first knockout stage as they're too lightweight up front, but that was entertaining.

Szoboszlai didn't do anything like enough for Hungary today.

He was very poor, but great assist for their goal tbf.

55 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Why are they talking about Embolo as if he's an absolute superstar? Decent player, doesn't score that many goals, and is probably a reason why Switzerland haven't managed to compete more despite having some good teams.

I swear he gets hyped every tournament. He is talented and a handful but yeah, if he was as good as they way he's been talked about he'd have way more goals and Switzerland would be a much bigger threat 

1 hour ago, Astafjevs said:

Probably they're familiar with him mostly through Football Manager...