Who Would Win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win Their Match?

2. 2. Who Would Win Their Match?

3. 3. Who Would Win Their Match?

• Ronaldo Beckham
    • WillHoward42

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/06/24 at 19:00

Euro 2024 Draft! Match Day 2

@Crispypaul vs @Yuko

CrispyP.png.072759e2a372e72d55f670621b7d2f1a.png vs Yuko.png.f2dd4c0c561c1290f146dffafeadab1a.png

@SouthCoastRed vs @Joel B

SCR.png.b4d28927201a5d53e6aeed5dd47684b7.png Vs JoelB.png.b8ff4764520246a5cfd57db70a9b8b3e.png

@Ronaldo Beckham vs @WillHoward42

RonaldoBeckham.png.0d913a5eb3dc50a12f0d35321d6d4c6a.png Vs WillH.png.7b7e7ba7186fef8803e661dbf887ff2c.png

Football Forum & OTF Users are asked to vote on which teams they think would win a match if it were to be played today. Taking into account the players used.

We ask you to keep your decision based on footballing reasons and not your like or dislike for the "Manager" of the team. Judge the players at their Abilities Today!

Feel free to vote and leave any comments about your decision in this thread

The managers of each team can also vote for either team and discuss with other voters.

Voting will close in roughly 24 hours.

Good luck to all managers

@Baptista_8 @BigV @Bliss Seeker @Muttley84 @Crispypaul @Darius1998 @Freakiie @grff @GunmaN1905 @Harryseaess @hilly_boro @JD nawrat @Joel B @mrw072 @PaulHartman71 @Pompeyboyz @Rebs @Kawee @Ronaldo Beckham @Scott1892 @SouthCoastRed @The Golden boy @WillHoward42 @Yuko

Voted for Crispypaul, SCR and Will.

Some of the thinking behind my team/formation:

Spoiler
  • Krejci and Pavard as wide CBs providing additional width with McLean and Brozovic proven they can slot into the defensive line comfortably when needed.
  • Lost Koopmeiners late on so drafted Reijnders in his place. Lost a significant source of goals through the middle as a result, but gained even more pressing ability - allowing Stanciu and the front three to work their magic.

Ladislav Krejčí:

Spoiler

One to keep an eye on this tournament. Plays as the left CB of a back three for Czech Republic but is also a natural DM. At 191cm tall he's a threat at set-pieces, proven by his goal record of 1 in 3.36 games (1 in 3 for the national team). Adds some nastiness that is otherwise potentially lacking.

Kenny McLean:

Spoiler

Not my first choice by any means, but is a steady, consistent 7/10 team player that allows those in front to work their magic while offering cover for the least experienced CB in Krejci.

Crispy for me in the first match but it was really tough to separate them as both teams have strengths and weaknesses that negate each other

SCR got the vote in match two as I think Joels formation is going to hold him back

Willhoward in match three as well....... RB's formation :lol:

32 minutes ago, Rebs said:

Yuko, Joel B, and Will Howard for me.  I kinda hope Ronaldo Beckham gets through, just for the craziest formation and side I think I've ever seen :D 

I had to do that tactic due to my lack of defenders lol. I might try that tactic on an FM24 save though lol.

26 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Wtf is that @Ronaldo BeckhamBeckham?  :D

Would love the hear about your system. 

Not much thinking behind it. Just had to pick a tactic with the players I have got.

In hindsight I should of picked some more defenders lol

Yuko in first matchup. Really close, but Kane difference decided it for me.

SCR in second game, I couldn't decide, but midfield and functionality decided it for me.

Third game...Will, idk what else to add. :D

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I had to do that tactic due to my lack of defenders lol. I might try that tactic on an FM24 save though lol.

Not much thinking behind it. Just had to pick a tactic with the players I have got.

In hindsight I should of picked some more defenders lol

You're the type of manager I'd want to play for :D 

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is everyone voting for Will simply cos of my crazy tactic ?

I feel like my team is better then his. No offense Will.

For me it's the midfield difference.

I get your tactical setup, but neither one of your wings would have enough workrate to help defensively.

McLean and Stanciu are let's be kind and say subpar, Brozović has been half-assing it in Saudi and Reijnders is just solid. Losing Koopmeiners was a big blow.

Meanwhile Gundogan-Barella-McGinn is as good as it gets in this draft, alongside deadly left side that would murder that lack of wide cover.

The only argument against SCR are his CBs and somewhat goalkeeper.

9 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

I voted for you, so hopefully that helps :D

Oh I feel bad cos I voted for me lol.

Thanks for the vote though.

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

For me it's the midfield difference.

I get your tactical setup, but neither one of your wings would have enough workrate to help defensively.

McLean and Stanciu are let's be kind and say subpar, Brozović has been half-assing it in Saudi and Reijnders is just solid. Losing Koopmeiners was a big blow.

Meanwhile Gundogan-Barella-McGinn is as good as it gets in this draft, alongside deadly left side that would murder that lack of wide cover.

The only argument against SCR are his CBs and somewhat goalkeeper.

Fair enough. My counter argument to that is I have Bruno Fernandes :cool:

19 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I can definitely see Scott McTominay being the rock at the back there.

32 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You might have the better players, but that tactic will lead to you being destroyed regardless.  Can't look beyond it. 

Crispy and Joel with narrow wins.

Will wins the third. The formation from RB is like something covered in the early chapters of Inverting the Pyramid :D It wouldn't win many games in the current era. I just can't help but love it though.

40 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am willing to try new things. This tactic will replace the gegenpress 4-3-3 as the most used tactic in the next year or two.

I think you've got some good players there and could probably cause Will some problems as he'll not be able to get the ball off you at times. But it's just the lack of a defence that does it for me. So ultimately had to vote for Will.

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

@Gizzy what's the policy on our own matchups?

No rules.

You can vote for yourself or the other player. Or not vote at all

1 minute ago, Gizzy said:

No rules.

Ok cool, just need to fill that to vote for the other two.

@Crispypaul vote for yourself ton cancel mine out 

2 hours ago, Gizzy said:

No rules.

I tried leaving vote blank for my matchup, but it wouldn’t let me submit the two votes for the other two matchups.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Can't you lot just pretend my tactic is a very attacking 4-4-2 lol.

If I turn my head maybe...but then players are out of position with McTominay in goal :D

6 hours ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Wtf is that @Ronaldo BeckhamBeckham?  :D

Would love the hear about your system. 

He's been watching Ten Hag teams all season

(and the best it got was when he dispensed with defenders altogether in extra time against Liverpool. So Will Howard's side are clearly going to bottle it...)

2 minutes ago, grff said:

I've gone mental today and put all the lineups into a Euro 2024 database to see how the groups would play out in FM. With @Gizzy permission I'll post the results after each poll closes.

image.thumb.png.d4a6220e27a64bd555a116c9917b348d.png

What are you doing about the subs? :D

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

What are you doing about the subs? :D

No subs, no team talks, no shouts. Using the in game editor to set max fitness, morale and tactical familiarity. Also set all team reps to 10000 so smaller irl nations arent handicapped.

I've attempted to add in formations based on each users' buildlineup.com image. RB's formation is quite a sight when translated to FM :D

16 minutes ago, grff said:

I've gone mental today and put all the lineups into a Euro 2024 database to see how the groups would play out in FM. With @Gizzy permission I'll post the results after each poll closes.

image.thumb.png.d4a6220e27a64bd555a116c9917b348d.png

That’s a great idea mate. I like it. 

22 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yes. We don't just vote on the players you have, you need balance. Your tactic is very unlikely to work. Who's covering your flanks defensively? Shaqiri and Chiesa?

3 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

Yes. We don't just vote on the players you have, you need balance. Your tactic is very unlikely to work. Who's covering your flanks defensively? Shaqiri and Chiesa?

I didn't realize tactics would be that important.

I guess I will end up being bottom then. 

Will be good to see to see how I get on with Griff simming it on FM.

22 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think I did stupidly lol.

Funny thing is I couldn't be bothered to sign up the OTF Fantasy Football thing lol.

for the fun of it, let's add that to the whole thing and see who got the most Fantasy points :D 

10 hours ago, grff said:

Match results from the FM sim.

Notably RB's team managing a draw after dominating possession, although, Will's team played without Kramaric for almost half an hour...

2.thumb.jpg.28c26de53dcc8cf9041d40a5d15e3e5b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.351083a941849bafa75464255f8b3917.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.72cdc5e6791f3c74533632327ab511ef.jpg

Thank you for simming this. 

I bet everyone feels silly now for doubting my tactical genuis lol :brock::D

13 hours ago, grff said:

Match results from the FM sim.

Notably RB's team managing a draw after dominating possession, although, Will's team played without Kramaric for almost half an hour...

2.thumb.jpg.28c26de53dcc8cf9041d40a5d15e3e5b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.351083a941849bafa75464255f8b3917.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.72cdc5e6791f3c74533632327ab511ef.jpg

Did Albania play the last half hour with only 10 men due to that injury?

10 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Did Albania play the last half hour with only 10 men due to that injury?

Yeah, due to each of our teams having no subs. Each FM squad has 24 players but the other 13 players available are all goalkeepers :D

1 hour ago, grff said:

Yeah, due to each of our teams having no subs. Each FM squad has 24 players but the other 13 players available are all goalkeepers :D

Albania definitely hold on for the win with 11 men then :D