Game 8: Romania vs Ukraine live from the Fußball Arena München. BBC1 2pm

What will be the result?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/24 at 12:59

Just now, Marius_R said:

This is the best game I've seen from us in years. 

Is it the coach? Looking at his stats career is nothing special, but you look brilliant on the pitch.

Btw, people were underestimating Swtizerland the other day because they finished behind Romania in group.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Is it the coach? Looking at his stats career is nothing special, but you look brilliant on the pitch.

Btw, people were underestimating Swtizerland the other day because they finished behind Romania in group.

He is the son of our NT manager from the '90s, and he' s built a good group. People were doubtful before the Euro though, we drew both Bulgaria and Liechtenstein 0-0 in our pre-Euro games. 

Just now, Rob1981 said:

image.png.4da9d46f2707b05dea51351cfeceec76.png

Pundits: "WHO SAW THIS ROMANIA SIDE COMING?" :D

"But... but... Romania only have one player we've heard of (and only since January), so they should just be happy to be here?"

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Pundits: "WHO SAW THIS ROMANIA SIDE COMING?" :D

Sorry, but I have to.

On 15/06/2024 at 14:36, Rob1981 said:

Normally grind their way through the group without looking that special, but they were just awful in qualifying. Fortunate to get six points on the board in their first two games; then in the 8/10 games after that they only managed to beat Andorra.

Five draws and a defeat in their last six non-Andorra games. Playing the likes of Romania, Israel, Kosovo and Belarus. They didn’t even have a big name team in there.

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Sorry, but I have to.

:D

In the predctions thread I said "Romania are probably good enough to finish second because they went through qualifying unbeaten"... but doesn't mean that Switzerland failing to beat them isn't still a poor result for Switzerland.

People have been talking about this Romania side for a while... I remember being at the game in Cesena when the U21s gave England a hiding in 2019... there are about eight of the players from that team now in the Euro 2024 squad.

Edited by Rob1981

Just now, CFuller said:

George Puscas (once of Reading) on for Romania.

not to be mistaken with Ferenc Puskas who obviously has a different spelling to his name :cool:

Just now, TM said:

not to be mistaken with Ferenc Puskas who obviously has a different spelling to his name :cool:

And a different nationality... or nationalities, in Puskas' case.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I remember being at the game in Cesena when the U21s gave England a hiding in 2019

This was an insane match btw... six goals in the last fifteen minutes :D

image.png.e9c7a3b49b5f00e5fa79a8417447d44b.png

Just now, Rob1981 said:

This was an insane match btw... six goals in the last fifteen minutes :D

image.png.e9c7a3b49b5f00e5fa79a8417447d44b.png

That whole tournament was an England car crash.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

That whole tournament was an England car crash.

Indeed.

I think that was that the year Boothroyd said we couldn't compete with the other U21 sides because we had to focus on bringing players through for the senior team.

4 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Well, f... me but as a Romanian fan this game was a very pleasent surprise. I dont remember last time we played so convincingly, do you @Marius_R?

I can't remember. Probably a game we won when we were already out of the qualifying race or in the Nations League. We beat Bosnia and Herzegovina 4-1 I think?