Game 15: Scotland vs Switzerland live from the Cologne Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I didn't think Switzerland were that good today. Better team, yeah, but didn't look amazing.

From a Scotland perspective, that was much better than Friday. We're severely lacking in quality at both ends of the pitch but we at least gave it a go today and based on the second half, can feel like we might have got more out of the game. Switzerland's goal was a great finish but was proper self-destruct stuff from us.

Delighted with a point. We could have folded like a deck of cards after Friday, but the players were much more up for it tonight, and they deserve the point. I don't really care about the quality of the match when watching Scotland. We know our limitations. But we demand a basic level of commitment and fight, and I think we got much more of that tonight than on Friday. So fair play to the team. 

Clarke needs to change something on Sunday, however. We need to beat Hungary now and having absolutely nothing at the top end of the field is not going to win you football matches. Get the extra striker on and at least have a ****ing go!

5 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Germany and Switzerland will play for the draw then, benefits both

Dunno, if Germany want to take some momentum into the R16 they need another big performance. Format means they are getting a runner-up in the next round and not a 3rd place team.

Scotland were all right imo, could have really done with an equivalent of Vargas who could take a man on because it's all set pieces or balls into the box.

1 minute ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Delighted with a point. We could have folded like a deck of cards after Friday, but the players were much more up for it tonight, and they deserve the point. I don't really care about the quality of the match when watching Scotland. We know our limitations. But we demand a basic level of commitment and fight, and I think we got much more of that tonight than on Friday. So fair play to the team. 

Clarke needs to change something on Sunday, however. We need to beat Hungary now and having absolutely nothing at the top end of the field is not going to win you football matches. Get the extra striker on and at least have a ****ing go!

Look, we already know it'll be the exact same set up, and if we are still in the game in the last 10 minutes we'll chuck another striker on and smash balls into the box in desperation before being hit on the break in the final minutes :D 

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Someone else needing help with the permutations :D 

Yeah, our hopes suffered a blow compared to if we'd won the game. In other news, water is wet and bears **** in the woods

2 minutes ago, eenie said:

Yeah, our hopes suffered a blow compared to if we'd won the game.

But the Swiss were favourites to win the game. So you are more likely to qualify now than you were before kickoff. Painting it as a poor result is bizarre.

Decent point all told. Pretty even game with some deadly counter chances for the Swiss and some scrambly opps for Scotland. It's still on tho and that's what counts

2 minutes ago, Sned said:

Look, we already know it'll be the exact same set up, and if we are still in the game in the last 10 minutes we'll chuck another striker on and smash balls into the box in desperation before being hit on the break in the final minutes :D 

Yep. It writes itself! 

For all that Scotland lack in quality, I think they played fairly well. Some horrendous moments where they gave the ball away in some bad positions, but overall they weren't too far off grabbing the win near the end. I think they'll still do well to get out the group, that last match won't be easy, but they can feel pleased with that tonight and should have some credit.

Much better performance from Scotland but they really need to stop the stray passing, cost them the win in this game and i'm sure Hungary will punish it too.

But, at least its now a last game decider, which should make for an exciting game!

Is that the same dude who said however million watched "Diego Jota's" winner the night before?

Wonder how big the audience is if you include the non-believers like me