Game 18: Spain vs Italy live from the Arena AufSchalke. ITV1 8pm

What will be the result  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 18:59

md2_espita.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Spain: Unai Simón; Carvajal, Le Normand, Nacho, Cucurella; Fabián Ruiz, Rodri, Pedri; Yamal, Morata, Williams

Italy: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bastoni, Calafiori, Dimarco; Jorginho, Barella; Frattesi, Pellegrini, Chiesa; Scamacca

image.png.a543413cb98403d883727f63c1ff1333.png

A win for either team and its party time. Although tbh the loser won't be sweating too much about qualification.

The last big meeting between these two was this blockbuster clash in 2021

Mark Pougatch presents, with analysis from Ian Wright, Roy Keane and Gary Neville, and commentary by

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the record for most consecutive Euros meetings? This will be the fifth consecutive Euros Italy vs. Spain has happened.

2008 QF - draw (Spain on pens)

2012 group - draw

2012 final - Spain

2016 R16 - Italy

2020 SF - draw (Italy on pens)

Edited by Astafjevs

Not sure who to root for here. If it weren't for Rodri (crying after Scotland battered him for 90 mins) I'd be nailed on for Spain. I'm right behind the Italian bench as well, so that might sway it. 

PERMUTATIONS: Outright winner here takes top spot in the group with a game to spare. But a draw isn’t actually a great result for either team. Although it gets them both to the coveted four points, this won’t necessarily give you the same breathing space as it would in some of the other groups.

After a draw here… if Albania beat Spain and Croatia beat Italy on MD3 then ALL four teams would finish on four points. Then comes down to GD and the other separators. So you could have the “Norway at USA94” scenario where someone gets four points but still finishes bottom of the group. Could be a weird situation where someone could get through with three points in another group, but someone could get four points here and still go out.

image.png.788e7531017b01e157a88ecb40df8167.png

Time for some actual football. (I'm going to regret this. :D)

Laporte is back.

Will be interesting to see how Italy fares with Spanish wings.
Jorginho is the main concern, imo. He looked off pace in the first match.

Unfortunately nobody wants to go through every row of a pasted image and count the wins for each team, the draws, the goals. So I've laid it out in one glorious post for OTF to view. 

2 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Is this Tyldesley? Thought ITV had got rid of him?

No, they just relegated him from lead commentator to second-choice. Behind Matterface.

We don't really have much quality on the bench so not sure what I'd do to change. Could probably do with another fast outlet on the other side. Pellegrini is not particularly useful if we're only going to have 35-40% of the ball. Him off, Raspadori on, might give Spain something to think about the other way.

Dimarco and chiesa are big problems. Fabian Ruiz is bossing that midfield with rodri behind him, Nico needs to do a little more to get one of those tight dribbles off. 

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Taking out Jorginho or Pellegrini for another CB would be better to deal with wide attacks.

And would allow Dimarco more runs, he's too limited like this.

Dimarco has Yamal to worry about. I can't see a world where Italy ignore that threat in favour of attacking output.

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

Dimarco has Yamal to worry about. I can't see a world where Italy ignore that threat in favour of attacking output.

Obviously, but having another CB would help.

Cristante instanly gets booked. :D

30 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Yamal is insanely good for a 16 year old. :D

Southgate wouldn’t have taken him, lacks experience.