Game 19: Slovakia vs Ukraine live from the Düsseldorf Arena. BBC1 2pm

What will be the result?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

• Slovakia win
    • Draw
    • Ukraine win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/06/24 at 12:59

md2_svkukr.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Slovakia: Dúbravka; Pekarík, Vavro, Škriniar, Hancko; Kucka, Lobotka, Duda; Schranz/Suslov), Boženík, Haraslín

Ukraine: Trubin; Konoplia, Zabarnyi, Matviyenko, Zinchenko; Shaparenko, Brazhko, Sudakov; Tsygankov, Dovbyk, Mudryk

Despite their woeful performance against Romania, the Opta supercomputer backs a much-needed win for Ukraine in Düsseldorf. Rebrov's side triumphed in a convincing 44.2% of 10,000 pre-match simulations, with Slovakia's victory chances ranked at just 28.6% in the data-led model.

Gabby Logan presents, with commentary from

and

image.png.858f09d44f2fcead3c88f4e3c3d3fc22.png

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

Permutations are pretty straightforward.

A Slovakia win takes them through, but doesn’t guarantee a top-two finish because there is still a scenario where three teams in this group could finish on six points.

And a second defeat doesn’t eliminate Ukraine yet, even if tomorrow’s Belgium-Romania game goes a certain way. Worst case, Ukraine are definitely still going to have a shot at being a best third place team if they take three points from their last game. They could even take three points from their last game and still be the group runner up if Romania win all their games and the other teams all finish on three points.

3 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Christ, shut up Keown

He's so bad at commentating and punditry in general, how he still gets employed is one of life's mysteries :D

1 minute ago, VP. said:

He's so bad at commentating and punditry in general, how he still gets employed is one of life's mysteries :D

Well, who else is going to make pointless boxing analogies or call the Netherlands 'Holland'?

Just now, CFuller said:

Well, who else is going to make pointless boxing analogies or call the Netherlands 'Holland'?

Loads of people do that tbf, the national team themselves actually lean into the Holland branding

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

I like Slovakia, hard working, great teamwork, some decent quality and a top class player in Skriniar

Don't you dare forget Lobotka, class midfielder, he was everywhere against Belgium.

Škriniar looks like he's finally recovered, looked off pace for about a year after his back surgery.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Mudryk is case no.1 as to the proof that there's far too much money in football. 

I'm probably one the very few that still believe there's potentially a very good player there, just needs the right coaching.

I'd still take him at Arsenal as I rate him higher than Martinelli.

6 minutes ago, Haguey said:

I've probably not heard Joe Hart speak much before but his accent sounds like he's putting it on :D

In all fairness, my ex was from Shropshire and her accent was seemingly just as weird, was confused between being posh english, midlands and sounding like a farmer. 

Also sticks out a fair bit next to Ashley Williams thick Black Country accent. :D

Edited by sc91