Game 21: Netherlands vs France live from the Leipzig Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/06/24 at 18:59

md2_nedfra.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Netherlands: Verbruggen; Dumfries, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Aké; Reijnders, Schouten, Veerman; Simons, Depay, Gakpo

France: Maignan; Koundé, Saliba, Upamecano, Hernández; Dembélé, Kanté, Tchouaméni, Rabiot; Griezmann, Thuram

image.png.43fbcd8f472bf1e9bff6b4b369be7256.png

A draw would suit both sides.

Proper arm wrestle of a match from Euro 96

The Opta supercomputer gives them a 42.1% chance of victory to the Netherlands' 30.4%, with 27.5% of simulations finishing level. France are now third favourites to win Euro 2024 according to the Opta predictions (18.1%), behind Germany (19.0%) and England (18.4%). The Netherlands are sixth favourites at 6.4%.

Gary Lineker presents, with commentary from

image.png.d64a44dd32c4eeec621751ffadaa83ee.png and image.png.083878f1be02ecb266cc5540f40408cf.png

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Coulthard's Jaw changed the title to Game 21: Netherlands vs France live from the Leipzig Stadium. BBC1 8pm
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am out tonight for reasons I won’t bore you with. First game I will have missed. But fortunately after that Poland-Austria game the permutations are quite simple.

A France win sees them top the group with a game to spare. This also eliminates Poland, who would still be able to get to three points but would be unable to leapfrog either of the teams they have lost to because of an inferior h2h record… so even with a win in the last game they would only be able to finish 4th and not 3rd.

A Netherlands win sees them qualify, but doesn’t necessarily assure them of top spot. They could still finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd depending on the results in the last round of games.

And a draw gets both France and Netherlands to the coveted four-point haul. Which doesn’t qualify either of them mathematically, but makes it very very likely for both. And Poland would still be knocked out.

• Administrators

Hope this is a cracker. Netherlands win please. 

Just now, skybluedave said:

I feel like I've Mandela effected myself. I could have sworn the Dutch flag was orange, white and blue. But it's red :confused:

Wasn't that South Africa's flag before Apartheid ended?

That's why I kept Frimpong in my fantasy team, is a defender on there but plays right wing for the Dutch. Obviously not great if he does bugger all and they lose 3-0...

3 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Wasn't that South Africa's flag before Apartheid ended?

Correct. Based on the Dutch flag from olden days, that was indeed oranje-white-blue. 

Edited by DJ

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

Rabiot isn't a LM though which is what he appears to be kinda playing? :lol:

Like why do that when you have Coman or Barcola as options.

Because Deschamps has to play Theo at LB instead of sticking another CB there. :D

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Because Deschamps has to play Theo at LB instead of sticking another CB there. :D

I think even from a defensive perspective Coman or Barcola would be more helpful to deal with Frimpong's pace than Rabiot. :lol:

Looks like Rabiot is almost like left attacking midfield in attack, with Hernandez providing the pace out wide. Rabiot is good defensively too and it means he's coming into midfield too, something that Barcola or Coman can't do. So it makes sense really.