Game 21: Netherlands vs France live from the Leipzig Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Harryseaess said:

Not sure why Zirkzee hasn't been called up.

He has been called up as one of the replacements, so he is part of the squad now. Would've liked to see him today

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

He got in as a replacement. But won't feature. I guess him and Brobbey are too young for Koeman.

Madness that Weghorst is getting on ahead of him. And I appreciate what Weghorst brings.

Correct offside call. 

Jenas complaining because it “don’t feel right” is such laughably, embarrassing pub punditry. A real shame for the Dutch and for Simons, but the guy was within touching distance of Maignan and thus has to be deemed active.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

Sure, let's not blame Dumfries so standing next to the goalkeeper offside and not bothering to move out 

I dunno I was instantly reminded of the United goal at City and almost convinced based on that the Simons goal should stand. The offside player wasn’t blocking the GK’s vision. 

In both cases obviously a distraction so I understand it being given offside, but seems very unfair in this case as not sure the player can realistically get out the way. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo7 said:

Correct offside call. 

Jenas complaining because it “don’t feel right” is such laughably, embarrassing pub punditry. A real shame for the Dutch and for Simons, but the guy was within touching distance of Maignan and thus has to be deemed active.

There are enough issues with, and hyperbole around VAR and refereeing that we don't need to be finding controversy where there is none. Correct decision especially given that the on field call was offside, length of time spent to confirm it was too long.

Edited by martynlcfc

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

If Maignan tries to actually dive and he gets in the way then fair enough, but he didn’t so I think it’s inaccurate to say that he had any impact. Keepers dive into players/at players’ feet all the time, but Maignan didn’t even try to save it.

He should have to risk injury to get the decision? That doesn't seem right to me.

5 minutes ago, Vynal Seven said:

No, it happened a lot. Take this decision for example, instead of the linesman getting praised for making a very difficult yet totally correct on field call, the narrative is once again how **** English refs and VAR is.

Surely a lot of that is down to literally every other decision so far being made swiftly, but the English referees taking ages?

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Surely a lot of that is down to literally every other decision so far being made swiftly, but the English referees taking ages?

Well yeah, the time taken was definitely unnecessary but the decision by the officials was a good one and well made.   

Saying they will both secure their passage with four points, even though it’s still possible to get to four points and not be a best third place team.

Come on lads, focus.

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Saying they will both secure their passage with four points, even though it’s still possible to get to four points and not be a best third place team.

Come on lads, focus.

This is the worst commentary performance of the tournament 

4 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

This is the worst commentary performance of the tournament 

Jenas: “The Dutch came here today not to get beat and they’ve made it a tough and frustrating watch at times”

Oh the irony Jermaine. 

• Administrators

I think the third and fourth seed matches have been more exciting in this tournament. The so called big sides offering up turgid watching so far. Can’t wait for Georgia’s next game. 

Poland :( 

Probably ought to look at using GD instead of h2h record now it is at 24 teams. Shouldn’t be leaving teams with nothing to play for on the last game if a load of the third place teams go through.

1 minute ago, Mickybricks14 said:

Spain Italy last night has been the only good late kick off. all the rest have been absolute dug meat

Don't worry, Big Rom against Romania will be must see prime time TV tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Come on lads, focus.

While it's not a 100%, it is very likely that you will continue with 4 points and a positive GD.

• Administrators

Looking at the replay, convinced now VAR got it wrong. 

Shearer saying it’s not offside because Maignan’s legs are too far apart :D 

Must have missed that in the rule book. 

Edited by Rob1981

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Shearer saying it’s not offside because Maignan’s legs are too far apart :D 

Must have missed that in the rule book. 

my head is spinning. Love Cesc but his comment was absolute nonsense. Is he meant to dive into Dumfries?

1 minute ago, kopsy101 said:

Punditry is terrible, saying the goal should have been given. Dumfries was literally in the space the keeper would have dived, you can't really debate that. 

Yeah, if that wasn't interfering with play then I do not know what would be.

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

While it's not a 100%, it is very likely that you will continue with 4 points and a positive GD.

Yeah, it is very likely. But it isn’t 100% confirmed. Not until we know that at least two of the third place teams are going to finish on three. At the moment every group could have a third place team finishing on 4-6 points.

Sometimes I think we have commentators that don’t actually understand the format.

5 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Poland :( 

Probably ought to look at using GD instead of h2h record now it is at 24 teams. Shouldn’t be leaving teams with nothing to play for on the last game if a load of the third place teams go through.

I don't agree, goal difference when one team might be rotating in the third game seems less fair as a decider than a match where both teams are definitely taking it seriously.

Just now, eenie said:

Yeah, if that wasn't interfering with play then I do not know what would be.

You can't look at these things in slow motion either unless it's to decide on the attackers positions, keepers are so quick across the line. 

They are justifying it by saying that Dumfries is behind him, well he was after the incident yeah. You can just tell they have an attacker bias. 

Just now, kopsy101 said:

You can't look at these things in slow motion either unless it's to decide on the attackers positions, keepers are so quick across the line. 

They are justifying it by saying that Dumfries is behind him, well he was after the incident yeah. You can just tell they have an attacker bias. 

I think it's a bit anti French/favourite too. Not sure there's this much outrage for someone like Jenas if France had that goal disallowed

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I don't agree, goal difference when one team might be rotating in the third game seems less fair as a decider than a match where both teams are definitely taking it seriously.

I can see both sides. It's indeed unfortunate that Poland have nothing to play for, but that used to happen a lot back when only the top two advanced.

England play badly but sit on four points: “An absolute shambles!”

France play badly but sit on four points: “Have we seen the potential winners tonight, Cesc?

Great stuff.

5 minutes ago, Sned said:

I still don't understand why they didn't send Taylor to review it at the monitor? 

Because they didn't think that Taylor had made a clear error, and tbh I think that was the correct decision. The only complaint I'd have is that it took too long but I guess they looked a few times extra to find a way to possibly allow the goal.