Game 23: Türkiye vs Portugal from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. 5pm ITV1

What will be the result?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/24 at 15:59

md2_turpor.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Türkiye: Mert Günok; Mert Müldür, Samet Akaydin, Abdülkerim Bardakcı, Ferdi Kadıoğlu; Kaan Ayhan, Çalhanoğlu, Orkun Kökçü, Arda Güler, Kenan Yıldız; Barış Alper Yılmaz

Portugal: Diogo Costa; Cancelo, Rúben Dias, Pepe, Nuno Mendes; Palhinha, Vitinha, Bruno Fernandes; João Félix, Ronaldo, Bernardo Silva

image.png.7c368678e6e64bce7aa73f14a414be42.png

A draw is fine for both teams, a win and the winner can get the cigars out for the last group match.

The Opta supercomputer is backing Portugal to win this one, with Ronaldo and co. victorious in 62% of its 10,000 pre-match simulations. Turkey make it two wins from two themselves in 17.8% of sims, while a draw that would still likely ensure qualification for the knockout stage for both occurred in 20.2%.

Mark Pougatch presents with analysis from Eni Aluko, Gary Neville and Danny Rohl, and commentary by

0_Manchester-United-v-Liverpool-FC-Premi

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really gauge Turkey as the game against Georgia was just so much fun that I couldn't suss them out. Big test for them today but if they can repeat some of the quality and energy of their opener, then this could be a cracker.

Going for a chaotic 2-2 draw... but I hope Turkey win, so there's still a chance that Georgia can make Cristiano cry on Wednesday night.

Portugal are the team I like the least at this tournament for so many reasons. Matterface and Dixon are the commentary team they deserve.

PERMUTATIONS: An outright winner here clinches top spot in the group with a game to spare. A draw gets them both to the four-point target everyone is chasing. But in this group it also leaves open the possibility that all four teams finish on the same number of points. So four points after two games doesn’t guarantee you at least a third place finish here, like it would in most of the other groups. Either of these sides could have four points after two games but still finish bottom.

Portuguese national anthem made much funnier by the camera zooming in on Ronaldo whilst the microphone picks up the sound of a little kid singing in a high-pitched voice :D

3 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Odd that the Turkiye manager has changed the GK. Rarely see that in a tournament. 

We saw it yesterday. :D

Apparently this one was due to injury.

Edited by GunmaN1905

And just like their brothers in spirit, Morocco, their "fans" whistle the whole time when the opposition team has the ball and during the national anthem. Ugly, primitive and despicable Neanderthal behaviour. UEFA/FIFA should hand out bans for this stupid behaviour. Or is their so called "fair play" campaign worth absolutely nothing in the end :D

Edited by Carambau

3 minutes ago, Carambau said:

And just like their brothers in spirit, Morocco, their "fans" whistle the whole time when the opposition team has the ball and during the national anthem. Ugly, primitive and despicable Neanderthal behaviour. UEFA/FIFA should hand out bans for this stupid behaviour. Or is their so called "fair play" campaign worth absolutely nothing in the end :D

Booing and whistling when the opposition has the ball is pretty common in club football too. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Shambolic said:

Booing and whistling when the opposition has the ball is pretty common in club football too. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. 

Is it? The whole time? And in this intensity the whole game long? Really? And booing and whistling during the anthem as well?

Wow. We´ve come a long way since fair play and respecting your opponent was a thing back then it seems.

Edited by Carambau

7 minutes ago, Carambau said:

And just like their brothers in mind, Morocco, their "fans" whistle the whole time when the opposition team has the ball and during the national anthem. Ugly, primitive and despicable Neanderthal behaviour. UEFA/FIFA should hand out bans for this stupid behaviour. 

A bit harsh :D

My itv stream is such low quality compared to the BBC iplayer. 

If you were in the opposition stands wouldn't you just continuously shout "Messi Messi" knowing just how much it winds Ronaldo up? 

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

My itv stream is such low quality compared to the BBC iplayer. 

If you were in the opposition stands wouldn't you just continuously shout "Messi Messi" knowing just how much it winds Ronaldo up? 

It must urk him so much to know he's never going to be seen as better than him, even with the career he's had.