Games 25 and 26: Switzerland vs Germany live from the Frankfurt Arena BBC2 8pm AND Scotland vs Hungary live from the Stuttgart Arena BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Switzerland win
    • Draw
    • Germany win
  2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BoroPhil said:

Yeah but in WC86 surely it was 2 points for a win?

Indeed so.

Funnily enough, Hungary also finished 3rd in their group with 2 points at that tournament after winning a match (Bulgaria and Uruguay each got 2 draws) - but Hungary went out on GD. If there had been 3 points for a win at Mexico 86, they would have gone through.

Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

This has been really poor.

Only real chance was a header that would have been offside anyway.

Both sides will surely open up in the second though.

SteveClarkescowling.gif

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Yeah surely neither team can just play out a draw here, got broke for the win late on, or lose. Either way you're going home

I agree,but both teams want to at least be in with a chance with 80 minutes gone, so we get this

16 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Indeed so.

Funnily enough, Hungary also finished 3rd in their group with 2 points at that tournament after winning a match (Bulgaria and Uruguay each got 2 draws) - but Hungary went out on GD. If there had been 3 points for a win at Mexico 86, they would have gone through.

interesting looking at the 24 team Euros and WC 4pts always gets you through and 3 does quite often

Reminder that Scotland CAN still go through as a best third place team with only two points... but I think at least two of the following three statements would need to be true:

• Portugal beat Georgia AND Turkey beat Czech Republic
  • Spain beat Albania AND Italy beat Croatia
  • England beat Slovenia by a 4+ goal scoreline OR England beat Slovenia by a more modest scoreline, but then Serbia also beat Denmark by a few goals.

Maybe isn't as far fetched as it sounds.  But the third place teams in Groups D and E are already guaranteed to finish on at least three points.

Edited by Rob1981

We had some decent performances using this system in qualifying - but I don't think it's worked for us at all in this tournament so far.

Not saying we need to go gung-ho (yet), but I'd be moving to a back four if it was my decision.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

You sure?

He didn't feature with the NT before last September.

Might be the Mandela effect or FM messing with my mind, but I could've sworn Ndoye was around for at least the last World Cup. :D

2 minutes ago, Sned said:

We had some decent performances using this system in qualifying - but I don't think it's worked for us at all in this tournament so far.

Not saying we need to go gung-ho (yet), but I'd be moving to a back four if it was my decision.

Nae Dykes, nae party

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Might be the Mandela effect or FM messing with my mind, but I could've sworn Ndoye was around for at least the last World Cup. :D

He's just 23.
Was at Basel, moved to Bologna this season and didn't feature much early on, then exploded as of late and had a great finish to the season.
But not a player that fills the statsheet.

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Are you confusing him with the Senegalese N’Doye?