Games 25 and 26: Switzerland vs Germany live from the Frankfurt Arena BBC2 8pm AND Scotland vs Hungary live from the Stuttgart Arena BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Switzerland win
    • Draw
    • Germany win
  2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/24 at 18:59

7 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

It's a good point, but without knowing tomorrow's results, it probably won't matter much aside from the psychological boost you get from winning a game against one of the favorites. 2nd place might just end up being the easier path, who knows? Switzerland would take the W of course, but I think a draw does indeed suit them just fine and I'd be surprised if they go all out. 

A1 plays C2, which is going to be Slovenia/Serbia/Denmark.
A2 plays B2, which is going to be Italy/Croatia.

I'm taking the A1 option.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Haguey said:

Surely the Hungarian lad has to pass there

Probably but with how Gunn has been so far this tournament I don't blame him for having a go at this stage of the game

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Germany takes the lead, Andrich.

I guess first place is settled.

Looked like a foul by Musiala, though.

And a poor reaction from Sommer.

The ball swerved and bounced wickedly

Edited by JJ72

Just now, skybluedave said:

Wtf. Callum Styles playing for Hungary :D So confused there as I heard comms say his name so just assumed he was Scottish and looked up and saw him in a white kit

Has Hungarian (and Ukrainian) grandparents.

Ref in the Germany game:

"Upon VAR review there was no offside for the goal... However there was a foul in the build-up. Goal disallowed"

4 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

McGinn using his arse to win the ball and then that free-kick. Truly no one matches it.

Hungary clearly know this so are fouling him at every opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

McGinn using his arse to win the ball and then that free-kick. Truly no one matches it.

He's getting booted up and down the park!

Just now, Smallen said:

surely Scotland have got a striker better than Che Adams that’s also actually Scottish?

He wants to play for Scotland and he's put in a full shift every single time he's pulled on the jersey for us, so leave it out with the "actually Scottish" crap, will ye? He's Scottish enough for us.

2 minutes ago, eenie said:

He wants to play for Scotland and he's put in a full shift every single time he's pulled on the jersey for us, so leave it out with the "actually Scottish" crap, will ye? He's Scottish enough for us.

sorry eenie 

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Oof, awaiting ROB with the permutations but a quick look suggests Italy are likely in the R16 for Germany if they lose tonight...

Correct. That is likely with a Switzerland win, unless Croatia win against Italy and beat Italy to the B2 spot.

Swiss goal comes with pros and cons from an English point of view. On the one hand, if Switzerland win the group we could potentially slip up, finish as group runners-up and still avoid Germany in the R16. But means if we win our group we could get Germany in the QF instead of Italy/Croatia/Switzerland.

Edited by Rob1981