FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

11 minutes ago, grade said:

The apologise is there I agree, but sort of here is new update database for free (or payed, either way would work), for our lack judgement in last 10 days, would go along way to appease customers.

You know what you request, is humanly impossible to achieve. We can't just simply move on. Specially if that event is on going, like FM25 or Ubisoft with the new Assassin's Creed game.

Away to move on, is making it non-issue... which SI has failed miserably in last few weeks. It is like that Meme with the dog surrounded by fire saying "This is fine!". It wasn't fine when they posted cancelled vacations and not going to conventions, there was people in SI, who knew this, but give the ok few weeks later to move forward with pre-orders, regardless of if the game wasn't fine.

Giving refunds, is ok move, but a standard one in these kinda of situations. I think SI should have done an extra mile just to compensate that horrible decision... They didn't and non-issue, remains an issue. The sense of SI or at least for those that decided to give the go ahead with pre-orders to mislead customers, that this game was ready on November 26th, when they knew it need extra more months to be worked on. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Are you actually suggesting that SI should have compensated you further for allowing pre-orders? Pre-orders, incidentally, being something that is commonplace within gaming?

People need to calm down already.

Edited by anagain

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, grade said:

You know what you request, is humanly impossible to achieve. We can't just simply move on.

You really, really can. If you genuinely can't move on from being told a product will be here a few months late, I think you've got bigger problems and should probably take a step back from the franchise entirely. You're clearly in too deep if so.

5 hours ago, davehanson said:

It sounds so bad when you say it like that, doesn't it? 5 months!

But, you are exaggerating your truth. It's noting like a 5 months delay. 3.5 months at most.

Aye just ignore the pre order part of the guys point. It was obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense the game was never going to be ready for november release with the lack of match engine or any other meaningful footage from the actual game. Add to that the dropping of long standing features and thats when they should have held their hands up and said look were facing problems here folks the game wont be ready until march. But no they kept up the act, this is where they have acted shady not the eventual rigjt decision to delay

1 minute ago, anagain said:

What are you talking about? Are you actually suggesting that SI should have compensated you further for allowing pre-orders? Pre-orders, incidentally, being something that is commonplace withing gaming?

People need to calm down already.

I'm quite calm. :D

The issue for me isn't the pre-orders per se. I don't pre-order games, that is my choice. Don't see the value on them. Did in the past, felt I got mugged.

The issue, is creating an illusion of something, which wasn't real. FM25 wasn't ready when Miles cancelled his trips and vacation, wasn't ready when they announced the Pre-orders, when they told us, it would be by November 26th, it wasn't ready 10 days later when they announce they needed 4 extra months to work on it.

Yes, I feel SI should have made an extra mile on their apologies, but hey at least they said the word sorry.

PS: the compensation isn't monetary, it would be nice an database update.

47 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You really, really can. If you genuinely can't move on from being told a product will be here a few months late, I think you've got bigger problems and should probably take a step back from the franchise entirely. You're clearly in too deep if so.

Oh I prefer they delayed the game, for sure. I want full working game as intended then half backed one.

That said. I just think SI should have proceed differently. The way they did it, going an extra mile would be nice.

I'm not loosing any sleep over this... but thanks for caring.

43 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Agreed, there's been a bit of a loss of perspective at times in this thread. No matter anyone's disappoinment, the only thing people should get back is any money from pre-orders.

This idea that people are entitled to an update, or more compensation beyond that, is odd. 

Firstly we have no idea if FM24 can still be sold in a few months time given licensing etc

Secondly, an updated database, as mentioned by several current and ex veteran researchers is a lot of work and time, not just for SI devs, but for the  volunteer researchers. 

Thirdly they are heavily behind on FM25, id be surprised if they had more time and resources to offer more for FM24 on top of that. 

If SI had handle things differently, I would agree with you.

But the way things went, I just think SI should have gone the extra mile.  This is simply my opinion and as such people are free to disagree. :D The saying doesn't go like that, but the correct saying goes against forums rules. :lol: You are free to say I'm odd... I don't really mind.

Nor I don't have any illusions that SI isn't going that extra mile with database update, for reasons you specify above but also for other ones, That I won't bother you with it.

I do hope SI can deliver in March a good game... but again I'm bit pessimist, I think we are heading for another CM4. My fear is, this isn't 2003, not by any means.

Edited by grade

22 hours ago, gunner86 said:

There is a caveat to that. It’s only the updates which change nothing in the ME that ruin the match engine. If they make sweeping ME changes, your tactics still work fine.

Dear lord, the number of times we've had to try to explain to some people that a patch didn't even touch the ME and so literally couldn't have made the ME rubbish now and broken their tactics, only to be told that we're wrong... if I had a quid for every time, I'd be able to buy the next few editions of FM without spending any of my own money.

18 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Alright you lot? All OK? No-one has mentioned W*men or complained about the W*mens game being included for nearly a day.

its better that way

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Firstly we have no idea if FM24 can still be sold in a few months time given licensing etc

*Looks at OOTP removing all previous versions from Steam to make sure you are forced to buy the latest*

27 minutes ago, jmlima said:

*Looks at OOTP removing all previous versions from Steam to make sure you are forced to buy the latest*

*Looks at OOTP removing Japan and all non-licensed leagues after getting a strongly worded letter and realising we could always have it worse than SI gives us*

24 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

*Looks at OOTP removing Japan and all non-licensed leagues after getting a strongly worded letter and realising we could always have it worse than SI gives us*

I know where you are coming from but, for those that don't, this does not mean you cannot have Japanese or non-licensed leagues, it's just that they were removed from the quick way to setup the world. Even the posting mechanic is there. The players and names were always fictional anyway.

3 hours ago, southside said:

Aye just ignore the pre order part of the guys point. It was obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense the game was never going to be ready for november release with the lack of match engine or any other meaningful footage from the actual game. Add to that the dropping of long standing features and thats when they should have held their hands up and said look were facing problems here folks the game wont be ready until march. But no they kept up the act, this is where they have acted shady not the eventual rigjt decision to delay

I didn't ignore it. They were right about that so I felt no need to correct anything. But when someone exaggerates their truth it dilutes the factual part of their argument. 

6 minutes ago, warlock said:

Regarding database updates, I suggest people take a look at the FM Scout and Clayts Youtube channels today for good workable solutions.

One question, is the start season 2023/24? If yes, it's not good enough IMO. Immersion breaking. Same reason I cannot play those retro databases.

5 minutes ago, warlock said:

It's hard-coded in FM but solutions are out there.

The one I’m using from sortitoutsi has updated the league and competitions and moved the players age forward by a year. So even though the game starts in 2023, the players age and the competitions and league is what it is irl. 

9 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

Dear lord, the number of times we've had to try to explain to some people that a patch didn't even touch the ME and so literally couldn't have made the ME rubbish now and broken their tactics, only to be told that we're wrong... if I had a quid for every time, I'd be able to buy the next few editions of FM without spending any of my own money.

I don't know the facts for this, my understanding is that patches adjust players, roles and duties -- so these would affect results even with ME unchanged ;)