Game 37: Germany vs Denmark live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Saturday ITV1 8pm

Coulthard's Jaw

Who will be the winner?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/24 at 18:59

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_13_.j

Possible line-ups

Germany: Neuer; Kimmich, Rüdiger, Schlotterbeck, Mittelstädt; Andrich, Kroos; Musiala, Gündoğan, Wirtz; Havertz
Suspended: Tah
Misses next match if booked: Andrich, Mittelstädt, Rüdiger

Denmark: Schmeichel; Andersen, Vestergaard, Christensen; Kristiansen, Nørgaard, Eriksen, Højbjerg, Mæhle; Højlund, Wind
Suspended: Hjulmand
Misses next match if booked: Nørgaard, Mæhle, Vestergaard, Wind

The Opta supercomputer predicts Germany overcoming Denmark, with the hosts winning 58.5% of pre-match simulations. 

Road to the Last 16

image.png.430268c1a07ec763b073ffb0aa3532e9.pngimage.png.a3001ea3bd1f447d3170926b3921b53a.png

You remember the most famous clash between these two nations from 1992

https://youtu.be/pDe2N9ykR6A?si=IHvJ4NVXJtGQLeX1

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Coulthard's Jaw changed the title to Game 37: Germany vs Denmark live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Saturday ITV1 8pm
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is perhaps also worth mentioning (from a British perspective) that this will be Clive Tyldesley's last ever commentary for ITV after 26 years.

Not my favourite commentator by any means (especially not when he kept going on about that night in Barcelona), but he's been treated pretty harshly by ITV in the last few years.

even if you don't like him for "Red Clive" as he was known in the 90s, he's miles better than Matterface who obviously has pictures of somebody at ITV

probably say Germany win this by a couple but Euro 92 was my first major tournament for watching (did bother with Italia 90 but not as much as this one, had a UEFA video of the tournament which I watched a lot) and it was as if a fairytale had been written with what happened with Denmark with them being on the beach about 10 days before the start of the tournament.  Don't think it's happening again though, Germany should be too strong

Tyldesley :( 

I assume he’s got a contract which expires on 30th June. But seriously. After three decades, letting him go out with a whimper on a R16 game and then just slope off halfway through the round while the other teams are still playing. Absolutely no class.

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Tyldesley :( 

I assume he’s got a contract which expires on 30th June. But seriously. After three decades, letting him go out with a whimper on a R16 game and then just slope off halfway through the round while the other teams are still playing. Absolutely no class.

They've been dumping all over Clive for a few years now but this is really odd to jettison him mid tournament

Not my favourite but miles better than anything (bar perhaps Pien Muelensteen) ITV  are clinging onto 

Have to give the man respect though, quit Talksport radio commentary because he didn't want to be associated with Sports Betting advertising. Does a lot of charity work too by raffling off his match day worksheets

I want to like Clive more than I do, when he speaks about stuff away from the commentator's mic he has some interesting stuff to say. But as I said earlier in the tournament, when I hear him commentate he annoys me again :D Not the nicest words for his send off but he's not dead so that's fine. But I found this piece quite interesting from an insider's point of view, I would genuinely recommend reading it, and the points about the packed schedule for commentators match something John Champion said elsewhere, when he said that working for American TV twice a week meant he had a much better context for each game rather than turning up and doing it on the fly a bit more. In typical Clive fashion, he manages to bring his knowledge and gigantic ego into his answers.

https://www.football365.com/news/clive-tyldesley-on-commentary-soundtracks-more

Edited by The_jagster

• Administrators
12 hours ago, CFuller said:

It is perhaps also worth mentioning (from a British perspective) that this will be Clive Tyldesley's last ever commentary for ITV after 26 years.

Not my favourite commentator by any means (especially not when he kept going on about that night in Barcelona), but he's been treated pretty harshly by ITV in the last few years.

Best on ITV, but low bar that. Will be missed on ITV. 

And of course, always a legend for the CM commentary. 

3 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

How are the German media reporting on their performances so far? They haven't been too convincing - is the media there as "special" as it is in the UK?

I've not seen or heard too much but I think they weren't expecting much beforehand and have been pleased.  I've certainly seen an increase in the number of german flags in cars in the last couple of weeks. 

Germany the best country I have ever visited as an English person, especially Hamburg for a St Pauli weekender this February. Those people were absolutely nuts (in a good way) and bought me drinks whilst I told them about the demise of Hereford United.

1-0 Denmark

Wirtz kicked out for Sané, Havertz still starting as "striker".

Just why?

Unless Denmark makes some major mistake Germany will lack offensively without a proper striker and considering how good Germany are at running into counters, this could turn poorly very quickly for them.

22 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Wirtz kicked out for Sané, Havertz still starting as "striker".

Just why?

Unless Denmark makes some major mistake Germany will lack offensively without a proper striker and considering how good Germany are at running into counters, this could turn poorly very quickly for them.

Because Havertz is better with the ball on his feet, and with this Danish defense, the match plan isn't to hit cross after cross into the box.

3 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Because Havertz is better with the ball on his feet, and with this Danish defense, the match plan isn't to hit cross after cross into the box.

Considering the amount of chances he wasted due to wayward passes, I'm not to sure about that "better with the ball" part. :D

6 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

How are the German media reporting on their performances so far? They haven't been too convincing - is the media there as "special" as it is in the UK?

They've been very positive. The late draw against Switzerland was celebrated like a win, and the narrative is that you need a game like that to really gel together as a team.

3 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Clive Tylsdsley's last game :( He should get the final so we dont have to listen to interesting Lee Dixon and his really, really boring voice. Does anyone actually like him as commentator? 

Not really, but he's practically Brian Moore compared to that other guy at ITV.