Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

Just now, Bootador said:

He's probably not thinking that though, goalies do their own separate thing in training most of the time - he probably has no idea they're just as **** in training as they are on the pitch.

Yeah he didn't ever strike me as the brightest

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

Good point. Doesn't seem to have registered but really should have hit the target

It's on there.  Just before the 60 minute mark.  It's a very small amount, but the line does go up.

Proper weird game. Great to get through especially in the way we did, but **** me we were shocking up until like the 93rd minute.

I do wonder if there's an element of believing into their own hype of being the new Golden Generation, as the performances/arrogance at times has given off those vibes to me in the last few weeks. 

I feel like we're now just a bunch of top level individual players who aren't a team at all, which is a shame as the last few tournaments have been fun because the team didn't really feel like that at all. 

4 hours ago, TalkSport said:

What’s the xg on that missed chance from 45 yards? 

That's all of Englands XG up until the goal.

23 hours ago, Weezer said:

Not sure it’s just a case of the “celebration police” tbf. I celebrated too but you can’t deny that Pickford looks like a massive cringey ***** in that clip, and not for the first time either.

Actually you're right, probably actually is that, cause we've seen it with Pickford many times before that it's just exaggerated antics, whether to the fans or the camera or what, who knows.

I think it’s mostly to wind up the opposition players. Guy enjoys being a bell imho. He might be celebrating but I also think it’s exaggerated, whatever his reasons may be.

It's probably a bit of both, Pickford seems like the kind of guy who is buzzing the whole game, and he probably uses that energy to amp himself up, which can result in him looking like a bit of a twit at times.