Quarter Final 1: Spain vs Germany live from the Stuttgart Arena. ITV1 5pm.

Who will be the winner?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/24 at 15:59

2 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

To be fair I thought Fullkrug was poor today 

One could argue his post and one more good header Simon had to save were their best actual chances other than the goal.

Havertz was just useless the entire tournament.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

To be fair I thought Fullkrug was poor today 

I think he's a pretty **** striker tbh. Just a lump and not a particularly clinical one. He epitomises why Germany are struggling in general

10 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

Should have been more so he did well (apart from Kroos)

He was absolutely horrendous. His failure to control the game early on is what lead to him needing to dish out so many cards.

An awful referee yet is apparently one of England's best.

Morata was just told in the Spanish radio interview that he was shown a yellow at the bench. He said no way it’s not true, he dint know about it. What happened there?

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

He was absolutely horrendous. His failure to control the game early on is what lead to him needing to dish out so many cards.

An awful referee yet is apparently one of England's best.

To be fair, a lot of most familiar refs from their countries are horrible and live off their reputation.

2 minutes ago, Icy said:

Morata was just told in the Spanish radio interview that he was shown a yellow at the bench. He said no way it’s not true, he dint know about it. What happened there?

New Ivanovic moment. 

If that "is never a penalty" and they "have not been given for a long time " etc, then why all the defenders always try to keep their arms behind them when a cross or shot is about to come thier way?

7 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I dont understand what that's supposed to mean. Football rules now change from briefing to briefieng? Or it means it is not a pen in euro 2024 but will (again?) be a pen in FA Cup 2nd round and Polish First Division next season?

There really needs to be a clear rule, I dont even care if is the most sensible one. Let us Just have ereryone informed what it is for every football game.

1 minute ago, chris79 said:

I dont understand what that's supposed to mean. Football rules now change from briefing to briefieng? Or it means it is not a pen in euro 2024 but will (again?) be a pen in FA Cup 2nd round and Polish First Division next season?

There really needs to be a clear rule, I dont even care if is the most sensible one. Let us Just have ereryone informed what it is for every football game.

...or sporting rules can sometimes be nuanced. The authorities are doing this to ensure more consistency. 

Just now, Icondacarver said:

...or sporting rules can sometimes be nuanced. The authorities are doing this to ensure more consistency. 

doing what?

2 minutes ago, Icondacarver said:

Too bad penalty Germany got against Denmark was way less of a penalty and it happened on a cross.

This was as hot going on target.

I am not a idiot and I have been watching football for almost 40 years now. I know it is not simple and there will always be cases that are hard to judge even with clear rules.

But I don't understand why we are being presented with a justification relating to a pre tournament briefing. It just confirms nobody knows what the rule is and someone tried to make it more clear with informal instructions. 

It is bad for the game, even if players were told before the tournament that they will be refereed differently now than they have been in their leagues and Euro competitions.

The bottom line is that it is a penalty 9/10 of times in any league and people defend the decision because it was against Germany and they feel Germany got a pen they shouldn't have Vs Denmark.

15 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Too bad penalty Germany got against Denmark was way less of a penalty and it happened on a cross.

Agreed. I didn't like the penalty decision in the Denmark game, but this was way more obvious. I'm certain Taylor would have given it had he looked at the images, but for some unknown reason, the VAR decided not to intervene. 

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Agreed. I didn't like the penalty decision in the Denmark game, but this was way more obvious. I'm certain Taylor would have given it had he looked at the images, but for some unknown reason, the VAR decided not to intervene. 

Apparently Fullkrug was offside at the start of the action.

They very well could've checked for the offside and then the penalty situation becomes irrelevant.

Too bar Taylor didn't made that clear to everyone. If they actually checked the offside situation.

Posted (edited)

Wasn't there an offside in the build up? Anyway it screwed the Germans so all good... Or I just should have read gunmans post above...

He should have made it clear USA style. There was a handball inside the box, however, the German forward was offside in the build up to the incident so no penalty. Play on.

Edited by av3ry

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Hosts get preferential treatment. Denmark wouldn't have got the same decision.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Apparently Fullkrug was offside at the start of the action.

They very well could've checked for the offside and then the penalty situation becomes irrelevant.

Too bar Taylor didn't made that clear to everyone. If they actually checked the offside situation.

Didn't look like VAR checked anything at all though considering how quickly the game moved on. That offside was an incredibly close call, so definitely not something VAR could just look at with the naked eye.

Posted (edited)

What an unmitigated disaster the last few years of VAR and overwrought handball laws have been for sporting fairness and the spectacle of football.

We wanted to get rid of blatant offsides, clear deliberate handballs and cynical fouls that the ref might have missed. Absolutely nobody, ever, asked for more soft pens for accidental, unavoidable handballs, or forensically awarded penalties for paper-thin contact in the box, or disallowed goals for extending the head or toe towards the ball from an onside position. Nobody, ever ever ever. It should have gone without saying that if that is the result of your adjustment, then your adjustment is 5h1't and needs to be reversed ASAP.

That top level football is persevering with this 5hitsh0w in the face of the fact that it is constantly ruining games (especially important ones), is just fv<king criminal. Nobody wanted to see this. No players, no fans. Please can no more league seasons and tournaments be blighted by this meddling, officious 5h1te.

Edited by ceefax the cat

All that talk about handball or not completely drowns out the fact that Kroos should have been off in the first half already. That's the much more important failure of the ref.

8 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Turns out Morata wasn't shown a yellow card, so he's available for the France game now.

I'd avoided the score successfully until now and was happily watching the highlights of France Portugal, you <vnt. I know it's not your fault but, you absolute <vnt.

9 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Turns out Morata wasn't shown a yellow card, so he's available for the France game now.

Golden Boot bet still alive! (Regretting it with every performance I watch).