Euro 2024 Draft! SF Match 1

Gizzy

Who Would Win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win Their Match?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/24 at 19:00

Euro 2024 Draft! SF Match 1

@GunmaN1905 vs @JD nawrat

Gunman.png.6189d432d52dfe3cd11e2d8914e34d69.png Vs JD.png.1287abdfb0130c11d87c2cf3cf700329.png

Football Forum & OTF Users are asked to vote on which teams they think would win a match if it were to be played today. Taking into account the players used.

We ask you to keep your decision based on footballing reasons and not your like or dislike for the "Manager" of the team. Judge the players at their Abilities Today!

Feel free to vote and leave any comments about your decision in this thread

The managers of each team can also vote for either team and discuss with other voters.

Voting will close in roughly 24 hours.

Good luck to all managers

@Baptista_8 @BigV @Bliss Seeker @Muttley84 @Crispypaul @Darius1998 @Freakiie @grff @GunmaN1905 @Harryseaess @hilly_boro @JD nawrat @Joel B @mrw072 @PaulHartman71 @Pompeyboyz @Rebs @Kawee @Ronaldo Beckham @Scott1892 @SouthCoastRed @The Golden boy @WillHoward42 @Yuko

3 hours ago, mrw072 said:

I think JD egdes it for me as I think its a better balanced team overall. Close though.

both teams are tactically sound but apart from the CB pairing, Gunman has the significant edge everywhere else.

Imagine my shock when I placed my vote only to see I've tied the standings :D

I don't normally hypothesize because I think it's a bit nonsense... but this is the biggest game of my career so IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT :mad:

I think on paper I have an overall better team, but I think Gunman might beat me for two simple reasons - Mbappé is better than anyone else on the pitch, and he's got the whole left flank to work with. Backed up by Dimarco, I think it could get ugly. However I do think that overall my defence is ****ing solid and RUBEN DIAS would pocket him when he gets round Meunier :D But seriously yeah, good game I think, probably give the slight edge to Gunman because although I think I have less weaknesses, I have the biggest weakness (that flank/Meunier v Mbappe). Think that when we have possession we are superior though, if we make it count on the ball then we could definitely win. The counters would give me nightmares though :lol:

Just now, Yuko said:

both teams are tactically sound but apart from the CB pairing, Gunman has the significant edge everywhere else.

I think you're underrating JDs team a bit there. He's got some very good players. I think this one will be neck and neck.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

oh come on. That's ridiculous :D Significant advantage when I have Camavinga and Olmo, sure. There's no way his central midfield is significantly better than mine :D I actually think I'm better in midfield tbh, but could understand someone thinking otherwise. It's close though at least.

Edited by JD nawrat

Went with Gunman. Better GK (by some distance :Dand front 3 and Dimarco behind Mbappe. Arguably edges that in midfield too with Zielinski and Vitinha in there. JD's CB partnership is obviously better, just the rest of the team is slightly short.

19 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

oh come on. That's ridiculous :D Significant advantage when I have Camavinga and Olmo, sure. There's no way his central midfield is significantly better than mine :D I actually think I'm better in midfield tbh, but could understand someone thinking otherwise. It's close though at least.

I'd say something like this.

MATS is obviously light years ahead of Strakosha.

Gyomber is lower tier Serie A defender and offers nothing going forward, but Meunier at this stage doesn't offer anything in defense. Still, Meunier is a better player.
Dias is top class, Zabranyi looks to be a solid EPL defender.
Bastoni and Gvardiol are more or less equal. Bastoni is better on the ball, Gvardiol is stronger man to man.
Dimarco is class and way ahead of Mwene, him being injured at EURO lowers his rating in the poll, probably.
Overall your CB duo is better, but with both full-backs being attacking, their defensive tasks would be way more difficult. With Dimarco being way ahead of other three full-backs.

Camavinga and Ramadani are similar players, just in way different tiers of football. Obviously a big advantage to Camavinga, but Ramadani is solid, no nonsense DM.
Vitinha and Zielinski are leagues ahad of Schafer and Gilmour, both are class players who proved it on the biggest stage.
Then it comes down if you're just comparing 3v3 in midfield or adding wings.
Olmo is in the same class with Zielinski and Vitinha, while Man is a tier below others.
If it's 3v3, my midfield is better, if it's 4v4 then they're really close, maybe a slight edge to you. If you add Mbappe and Yarmolenko as a part of midfield and not wide forwards, then it goes back to my side.
Depay-Mitrović is another close one. Depay has had a solid tournament despite his shortcomings, Mitrović drowned in Serbia's mediocrity. I'd say slight edge to Depay.

Player for player, it's really close and 6-5 or 5-6 for one team, depending on everyone's preference.
Feels like I got the 3 out of 4 worst players, but while Olmo looks like your only top class playmaker, I've got Mbappe, Vitinha-Zielinski duo and Dimarco. Yarmolenko and Meunier are also kind of past it.

I'd say you were a class player away from beating me, preferably in Yarmolenko's position. But having Mbappe in such average draft is a cheat code.

21 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

The Zielinski-Vitinha tandem is probably the best midfield pairing we have on the draft. Obviously the Albanian DM isn't the best possible player to lock the trio, but he has the necessary characteristics to complete them. 

I find Camavinga quite overrated, although he's obviously a good player. I just don't see him as leading CM material, whereas both Vitinha and Zielinski can control a game. 

Mitrovic is a real striker, whereas Depay and Yarmolenko require the ball played low and I'm not seeing the other team leaving you much of the ball. Then I see the full backs and that's pretty much where I cracked. It's gonna be overwhelming. 

Strakosha is a GK I never rated for the high level, whereas ten Stegen could have been GK of the tournament if only they let him play over a record seeking Neuer (who's obviously still top himself).

The Mbappe factor is also something you cannot ignore here.

I'm not saying it's an easy one, but the odds are with the "England" team here. 

21 minutes ago, mrw072 said:

I think you're underrating JDs team a bit there. He's got some very good players. I think this one will be neck and neck.

I actually like his team and I think I voted for his side to win all KO games till this one.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'd say something like this.

MATS is obviously light years ahead of Strakosha.

Gyomber is lower tier Serie A defender and offers nothing going forward, but Meunier at this stage doesn't offer anything in defense. Still, Meunier is a better player.
Dias is top class, Zabranyi looks to be a solid EPL defender.
Bastoni and Gvardiol are more or less equal. Bastoni is better on the ball, Gvardiol is stronger man to man.
Dimarco is class and way ahead of Mwene, him being injured at EURO lowers his rating in the poll, probably.
Overall your CB duo is better, but with both full-backs being attacking, their defensive tasks would be way more difficult. With Dimarco being way ahead of other three full-backs.

Camavinga and Ramadani are similar players, just in way different tiers of football. Obviously a big advantage to Camavinga, but Ramadani is solid, no nonsense DM.
Vitinha and Zielinski are leagues ahad of Schafer and Gilmour, both are class players who proved it on the biggest stage.
Then it comes down if you're just comparing 3v3 in midfield or adding wings.
Olmo is in the same class with Zielinski and Vitinha, while Man is a tier below others.
If it's 3v3, my midfield is better, if it's 4v4 then they're really close, maybe a slight edge to you. If you add Mbappe and Yarmolenko as a part of midfield and not wide forwards, then it goes back to my side.
Depay-Mitrović is another close one. Depay has had a solid tournament despite his shortcomings, Mitrović drowned in Serbia's mediocrity. I'd say slight edge to Depay.

Player for player, it's really close and 6-5 or 5-6 for one team, depending on everyone's preference.
Feels like I got the 3 out of 4 worst players, but while Olmo looks like your only top class playmaker, I've got Mbappe, Vitinha-Zielinski duo and Dimarco. Yarmolenko and Meunier are also kind of past it.

I'd say you were a class player away from beating me, preferably in Yarmolenko's position. But having Mbappe in such average draft is a cheat code.

I should have had Alaba tbf, and I would have had a very different rest of draft, but it became clear after about 4 picks that Alaba was not going to be in my team and it changed my draft. I think your comments are fair but I was putting it as 3v4 in midfield because that was my vision. Obviously we're then comparing 2 strikers v 3 forwards but I don't think there's a question that your attack batters mine :D I think my defence holds up against your attack, though. I think tactically, as opposed to man-to-man, I win. Man to man it's close like you say. That's why I find the "significantly better" a bit ridiculous

e: and if i had known for sure Alaba wasn't going to make it, I'd probably have taken Sabitzer or something which, again, completely changes my draft :D I'm really happy with my team though and like I said a few times now, I'm absolutely delighted to have got this far because I usually suuuck in these. I play cos I enjoy the draft part, I've never enjoyed the voting :D But I have this time cos, y'know... I've won a fair bit. Been a lot of fun and I kinda knew I was going to go out here. Mbappé is inevitable :D

Edited by JD nawrat

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

I think tactically, as opposed to man-to-man, I win.

Honestly, it all comes down to how much people rate Zielinski-Vitinha duo.

Vitinha was arguably PSG's best midfield this season and best Portugese midfield in the tournament, with Zielinski being a well-proven class that was out of sight because he's Polish and played for Napoli.
Also, Dimarco isn't your average attacking full-back, he's more of a wide playmaker to use FM terminology. Relies on his technique and intelligence, he's not that fast.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Honestly, it all comes down to how much people rate Zielinski-Vitinha duo.

Vitinha was arguably PSG's best midfield this season and best Portugese midfield in the tournament, with Zielinski being a well-proven class that was out of sight because he's Polish and played for Napoli.
Also, Dimarco isn't your average attacking full-back, he's more of a wide playmaker to use FM terminology. Relies on his technique and intelligence, he's not that fast.

Maybe I don't rate Vitinha enough tbf. I haven't seen much of this tournament due to work (I missed like 95% of the games) but I do agree with your assessment from what I've seen. I almost never watch PSG (saw a couple of CL games this season) so don't really know much about him other than what I read online.

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

Maybe I don't rate Vitinha enough tbf. I haven't seen much of this tournament due to work (I missed like 95% of the games) but I do agree with your assessment from what I've seen. I almost never watch PSG (saw a couple of CL games this season) so don't really know much about him other than what I read online.

Vitinha is a boss in the midfield. Dictates tempo, does everything and runs a lot. 

I'd liken him to a young Modric and I think he has similar potential as well.