Euro 2024 Draft! FINAL!

Gizzy

Who Would Win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win Their Match?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/24 at 19:00

Euro 2024 Draft! FINAL!

@GunmaN1905 vs @PaulHartman71

Gunman.png.74ea4fdc36b903e9704179bca0baa66d.png Vs PH71.png.b490eeb2d55fcdbdb2913bfb6a3d771d.png

Football Forum & OTF Users are asked to vote on which teams they think would win a match if it were to be played today. Taking into account the players used.

We ask you to keep your decision based on footballing reasons and not your like or dislike for the "Manager" of the team. Judge the players at their Abilities Today!

Feel free to vote and leave any comments about your decision in this thread

The managers of each team can also vote for either team and discuss with other voters.

Voting will close in roughly 24 hours.

Good luck to all managers

@Baptista_8 @BigV @Bliss Seeker @Muttley84 @Crispypaul @Darius1998 @Freakiie @grff @GunmaN1905 @Harryseaess @hilly_boro @JD nawrat @Joel B @mrw072 @PaulHartman71 @Pompeyboyz @Rebs @Kawee @Ronaldo Beckham @Scott1892 @SouthCoastRed @The Golden boy @WillHoward42 @Yuko

Would be nice if all Draft players could make a comment on the final :) 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Lads, you know what to do!

Come on England.

If you vote against me and England doesn't win the final, you will all have your share of blame. :brock:

Thanks for making it easy for me!

One vote for Paul.

Let's see...

MATS is obviously light years ahead of Rodak.

Coufal is way better than Gyomber,.

CB pairings with one top class and another average one. Although with Soyuncu's downfall as of late and Zabarnyi having a good season, he should be ahead.

Dimarco is everything Pep and Arteta wanted Zinchenko to be.

Zakaria and Ramadani are no-nonsense, defensive midfielders. Zakaria is a tier above, even though he can't settle anywhere as of late.

Zielinski and Vitinha are playmakers, Laimer is another workhorse. What I don't like about Paul's lineup is CDK in that position. He's had an amazing season, but in two man striker partnership. He's not a midfielder. Should've been the other way around with him and Felix.

I'd say obvious advantage to my midfield because of two class playmakers and functionality, but obvious advantage to Paul's wingers due to having two good ones, even though Mbappe is obviously seen as the best of the bunch.

Mitrović is wasting away his career in Saudi, but is still a striker unlike Felix.

Advantage for Paul because of his left side attacking my weak right, but I've got a more functional midfield and a big goalkeeper advantage.

Tough one this. Really like Paul's wingers, but had to go with Gunman due to Mbappe. I think if Paul had Mitrovic up front instead of Felix I might have voted for him. But good luck to both.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Let's see...

MATS is obviously light years ahead of Rodak.

Coufal is way better than Gyomber,.

CB pairings with one top class and another average one. Although with Soyuncu's downfall as of late and Zabarnyi having a good season, he should be ahead.

Dimarco is everything Pep and Arteta wanted Zinchenko to be.

Zakaria and Ramadani are no-nonsense, defensive midfielders. Zakaria is a tier above, even though he can't settle anywhere as of late.

Zielinski and Vitinha are playmakers, Laimer is another workhorse. What I don't like about Paul's lineup is CDK in that position. He's had an amazing season, but in two man striker partnership. He's not a midfielder. Should've been the other way around with him and Felix.

I'd say obvious advantage to my midfield because of two class playmakers and functionality, but obvious advantage to Paul's wingers due to having two good ones, even though Mbappe is obviously seen as the best of the bunch.

Mitrović is wasting away his career in Saudi, but is still a striker unlike Felix.

Advantage for Paul because of his left side attacking my weak right, but I've got a more functional midfield and a big goalkeeper advantage.

You idiot! I was gonna vote you till you said all this :D

3 minutes ago, BigV said:

You idiot! I was gonna vote you till you said all this :D

Why? :D

He's obviously got a huge advantage with his left and my right side matchup, but I feel like his team is 6-0-4 since there's no actual creative midfielder, two disconnected units. Would be top tier for run and gun football. And goalkeepers often get overlooked in this.

Somehow I feel like all tournament long people keep voting for me because of Mbappe and my personal opinion is that Zielinski-Vitinha duo in midfield combining with those two on the left is the actual strength. It's not like kick it to Mbappe and hope for the best.

Also, while Sane is a class wing, Coufal wouldn't have a good time defending with Sane's lack of work rate.

Edited by GunmaN1905

12 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Why? :D

He's obviously got a huge advantage with his left and my right side matchup, but I feel like his team is 6-0-4 since there's no actual creative midfielder, two disconnected units. Would be top tier for run and gun football. And goalkeepers often get overlooked in this.

Somehow I feel like all tournament long people keep voting for me because of Mbappe and my personal opinion is that Zielinski-Vitinha duo in midfield combining with those two on the left is the actual strength. It's not like kick it to Mbappe and hope for the best.

Also, while Sane is a class wing, Coufal wouldn't have a good time defending with Sane's lack of work rate.

I think his defence including DM overall take it. Saliba is arguably the best defender this year, I even hate soyuncu but still think he takes it over Zab. 

Your midfield is almost perfect, but Laimer using his workrate and Ketelaere balacing between attack and defend is vital against your attack. Also pauls front 3 has pace, flair and creativity which outclasses yours on a general scale apart from the freak in mbappe but I also feel mbappe has been awful in euros and creeped in some bias. Same goes for Nico who seems to be the flavour of the month and rightly so. 

If you take Mbappe out of Gunman's team then Paul wins this by far, he has the better round team.
Paul also has 10 players at a decent level (Rodak is subpar for me), while Gunman's has almost 3 (Ramadani, Gyomber and even Man).
Given this is an Euro 24 draft with current players I will have to go with fine margins to Paul. 

P.S. This is actually a final worthy of its name, congrats to both @GunmaN1905 and @PaulHartman71 for putting together such teams.

7 minutes ago, BigV said:

Ketelaere balacing between attack and defend is vital against your attack

That's the thing I disagree with. The entire reason he ended up at Atalanta is that he was bad as both #10 and winger in Milan's 4231 and started playing well in Gasperini's 3412 as one of the strikers.

Gunman's has almost 3 (Ramadani, Gyomber and even Man).

I should've known picking Ramadani would backfire. If he was playing for Fulham people would rate him as a DM. :D

Still, I agree that my bad players are worse than his, but everyone in my lineup is playing in their ideal role, while CDK and Felix are out of position. With Felix being out of football for about three years now.

Anyway, was a fun tournament and we'll wait for @grff's objective way of deciding this. :brock:

26 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Somehow I feel like all tournament long people keep voting for me because of Mbappe.

Mbappe is a match winner though. I think in Finals, players like that become more important, as that's basically why they're viewed as being so great.

That's what basically swung it for me. As he's done it in recent Finals.

1 minute ago, Muttley84 said:

Was Soyuncu even at the Euros? I cant seem to find him in the player statistics...

He wasn't. :D

He's injured and then Kabak got injured a week before the tournament.

Campionato falsato!

Min. Match.  Goals Assists     Min. Match.  Goals Assists
  2654 33 1 5     2062 30 1 3
ter Stegen – 0 0 0 0   Rodak - 0 0 0 0
Gyomber – 32 2 0 0   Coufal -  270 3 0 1
Zabarnyi – 270 3 0 0   Saliba -  570 6 0 0
Gvardiol – 270 3 0 0   Soyuncu - ? ? ? ?
Dimarco – 230 3 0 0   Zinchenko - 212 3 0 1
Ramadani – 265 3 0 0   Zakaria - 22 1 0 0
Zielinski – 255 3 0 1   Laimer -  271 4 0 0
Vitinha – 361 4 0 0   deKetelare -  2 1 0 0
Man – 266 4 0 2   Sane -  206 5 0 0
Mbappe – 464 5 1 2   Nico ** - 404 5 1 1
Mitrovic – 241 3 0 0   Joao Felix -  105 2 0 0

** - Still left to play the final.

Edited by Muttley84

Good luck GunmaN. Gotta say I’m still not sure how I managed to put together a side this decent given I didn’t have many favourable draws towards the start. 

Probably one of the best drafts I’ve ever had so will take it even if finish 2nd :D 

On 12/07/2024 at 22:29, GunmaN1905 said:

He wasn't. :D

He's injured and then Kabak got injured a week before the tournament.

Campionato falsato!

Lol how was that missed?

Shambles @Gizzy 

Championship is void :lol:

13 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Now I feel bad for noticing Soyuncu's absence, as this is going to get messy.

Probably @GunmaN1905 appealing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, @PaulHartman71 not able to fully enjoy his win, while @Gizzy in a pure UEFA style is jusy going to ignore this and go in vacation...

Shambles!

And when he returns he'll announce a new draft so everyone forgets about the issues at hand 

53 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Congrats to @PaulHartman71

Thanks to all who got involved on the draft and to those who voted in most matches. 

You're just going to act like nothing happened? :D

I know shambles are avoidable,  but ignoring the issue...whatever.
Like I don't expect results to be invalidated or something, but if people are pointing out a big issue and you completely ignore it for weeks, only for it to actually win a tournament breaking the rules, then we wasted our time. And it wasn't even an issue that can't be solved within minutes.
Ignoring it completely and acting like nothing happened is really disappointing since both semi-final and final were just a couple of votes difference.

Congrats to Paul, not his fault he could pick a player not even called up.

Edited by GunmaN1905

19 minutes ago, BigV said:

We've had another Gunman meltdown (even if it is true) :D

Yeah, it's surely a meltdown to waste hours on the draft only to lose to a team that's managed to get to the final with a player not even in the tournament.

And that in previous drafts people lost their picks and were punished by random players inserted for way less.

The only thing I'm mad about is Gizzy completely ignoring this issue and not even apologizing for shambles.

If you don't have the time to host a game or are going to half-ass it, then let someone else organize it.

Edited by GunmaN1905

I missed the original post say the player wasn’t available. Nor I or PH we’re tagged to say x player needs replaced. 

Pointing it out when most votes of the final have been made isn’t really helpful. 

It could’ve been flagged at any time during the whole comp but wasn’t. 

As I pointed out in the OP of the sign up I was going on holiday the day before the final, but I’m sure as usual no one actually read anything I post about rules. So I don’t have time to redo the final or do anything else you think might be an acceptable solution. 

@GunmaN1905 If you feel I don’t do my upmost to make any of the games/drafts/signups fun for everyone or put enough effort into them please feel free to ignore them in the future. 

As far as I’m concerned the teams were final after everyone had posted their formations as there was plenty of time beforehand for people to raise any issues. I was tagged multiple times for players to be replaced. Just a shame this one was missed, by all but one player. 

Im sorry you feel slighted but just comes across as a sore loser. 

37 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

As far as I’m concerned the teams were final after everyone had posted their formations as there was plenty of time beforehand for people to raise any issues. I was tagged multiple times for players to be replaced. Just a shame this one was missed, by all but one player.

One player tagged you and more people replied. You didn't notice it, happens.

Im sorry you feel slighted but just comes across as a sore loser. 

I'm a sore loser and I'll never pretend I'm not. :D