Main squad U21 Friendlies team selection

I have a large squad of 1st team players and generally I will split this to play the various 1st team friendlies so that the players get match fit.

I wanted to use the U21 team to help me with this, so I made 11 2nd string main squad players for the U21s for the next friendly match and also changed the squad status for some of the U21 team to the main squad and not available for the U21 I and put these as subs for my main team squad.  As the U21 game is a friendly game it the game does not mention any restriction for the number of over 21 aged players in the squad.

At the end of the game my u21 manager did not select any of the players of  my main 1st team squad I asked him to - nor follow the line up I wanted him to pick from my main squad.

How do I get him to do this. I wanted to have 2 1st team friendly matches running alongside each other by utlilising the u 21 friendly games and using all the U21 players as subs.

I also not that the players have assigned then in the tags, O21 and ine -already involvled in another match today - but the match I selected the players for was the U21 and not the main 1st team squad for the match on the same game,

Any help on how to set this up so I can have 2 first teams squads playing friendlies at the same time for 90 mins

Edited by wazza

I'm pretty sure you can't set this up since your first team players get automatically unavailable when your first team plays a match on the same day as your U21s. That's by design and, atm, we can't pick players for intra-squad/intra-club friendlies....