Team mapping from previous stage

Hi

I have set up various comps that have group winners/or top 2 teams going into the KO rounds with no problems, team mappings is straight forward

7283e532a3237e08cb254ee207de4e4b.jpg

I have a comp now with 6 groups, 6 teams in each group and the top 2 go through to the KO rounds along with the 4 best other teams [finishing 3rd in their group]

couple of questions on this, I have run a few tests the comp works well

however I did see in one test that a team finishing 4th in a group qualified as they indeed did have more points than the teams who finished 3rd in the other groups, how do I stop this from happening and make those 4 teams come from teams finishing 3rd only

also how do I set up the mappings for the first KO round to cater for 4 teams who could be from any of the groups.

Ideally I was looking for a set up like the image above

top Group A v Second Group B etc

I have looked at Euros as it has a similar set up

and nothing shows under mappings for the second round, its as if they are hidden

but the next round QF the mappings show as normal

550adc0bdd11ab1d735fd74cb9948e6d.jpg

f8fc075f6aeaed7cebc0571721069e3f.jpg

7 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

its as if they are hidden

I do believe that is the case, as I literally copied the whole euros format to implement into another comp and it would not work as intended. I did manage to get it to replicate in the end, but it wasn't how the euros was set up in the editor.

10 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Hi

I have set up various comps that have group winners/or top 2 teams going into the KO rounds with no problems, team mappings is straight forward

7283e532a3237e08cb254ee207de4e4b.jpg

I have a comp now with 6 groups, 6 teams in each group and the top 2 go through to the KO rounds along with the 4 best other teams [finishing 3rd in their group]

couple of questions on this, I have run a few tests the comp works well

however I did see in one test that a team finishing 4th in a group qualified as they indeed did have more points than the teams who finished 3rd in the other groups, how do I stop this from happening and make those 4 teams come from teams finishing 3rd only

also how do I set up the mappings for the first KO round to cater for 4 teams who could be from any of the groups.

Ideally I was looking for a set up like the image above

top Group A v Second Group B etc

Hi My post is just a few down. Tried to recreate the euro and was looking for real fixtures for it (and in general for International competitions) but i do not think it s possible. The knock out stage work as it should 99/100. I say 99 as sometimes the best third Will play against a team of the same Group. Not always but can happen. I tried to put valid rules to avoid teams in previous Group but that had a terrible effect and override the team mapping. Look at My file. Let me know If u as well find a Solution. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I do believe that is the case, as I literally copied the whole euros format to implement into another comp and it would not work as intended. I did manage to get it to replicate in the end, but it wasn't how the euros was set up in the editor.

thought as much mate

5 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

Hi My post is just a few down. Tried to recreate the euro and was looking for real fixtures for it (and in general for International competitions) but i do not think it s possible. The knock out stage work as it should 99/100. I say 99 as sometimes the best third Will play against a team of the same Group. Not always but can happen. I tried to put valid rules to avoid teams in previous Group but that had a terrible effect and override the team mapping. Look at My file. Let me know If u as well find a Solution. 

yes you would think that would actually help but found out a couple of years ago when redoing the World cup just as you say the mappings stopped 

I cant see how it will be possible to pre set the 4 random teams to be in the mapping list as we dont know what groups they come from and who will be the top finishing 4th placed team etc

I dont think it is going to be possible

Edited by Roy Race 9

19 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

thought as much mate

yes you would think that would actually help but found out a couple of years ago when redoing the World cup just as you say the mappings stopped 

I cant see how it will be possible to pre set the 4 random teams to be in the mapping list as we dont know what groups they come from and who will be the top finishing 4th placed team etc

I dont think it is going to be possible

It is possible. If u create a hidden stage league. I did put it in My file to sort teams. 

Edited by rmpMarko

36 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Hang on I have just realized this can be done in game

I will @Wolf_pd see if its ok to discuss it on forum as it involves a 3rd party IGE

Cheers

No IGE please on the forum.

UEFA set out the following schedule for the round of 16-

• Match 1: Winner Group B vs 3rd Group A/D/E/F
  • Match 2: Winner Group A vs Runner-up Group C
  • Match 3: Winner Group F vs 3rd Group A/B/C
  • Match 4: Runner-up Group D vs Runner-up Group E
  • Match 5: Winner Group E vs 3rd Group A/B/C/D
  • Match 6: Winner Group D vs Runner-up Group F
  • Match 7: Winner Group C vs 3rd Group D/E/F
  • Match 8: Runner-up Group A vs Runner-up Group B

got the comp to play out as I want now and was able to follow the above formula to get that set up for first KO round, mappings work correctly for other following rounds too:thup:

only one issue to solve now is I found is that the 4 best 3rd placed teams went to 3 teams finishing 3rd but the last place actually went to a team who finished 5th in their group[but on checking they had a higher reputation than the team who should have gone to KO round, so wondering if there is something pulling highest rep teams or is it a bug]

3 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

It is possible. If u create a hidden stage league. I did put it in My file to sort teams. 

How'd you manage? Like a best third place teams hidden stage? How'd you get it to be like A1 vs B3/C3/D3 (depending on the arrangement of third place advancers) etc 

forgot to check the additional helpers in the Euros

there are 2 there

b8c7e1050f789f21004036f21214fe93.png

I would imagine this helper is to set the home nation/s to specific groups in group stage possibly to certain stadiums too?

5b87a3db7ded099b84b76db861ec1dfa.png

can confirm using that additional helper the host nation/s gets drawn in group A and play all games in a home stadium

if more than one host one is in Group A the other in Group C and they both play all their games in a home stadium

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

How'd you manage? Like a best third place teams hidden stage? How'd you get it to be like A1 vs B3/C3/D3 (depending on the arrangement of third place advancers) etc 

A.png

B.png

C.png

D.png

E.png

F.png

KOS.png

Hi @rmpMarko thanks for the above, but that is where you are trying to get the 'real' fixtures for 2024 where you know the nations taking part 

I am asking to set the mappings not knowing what nations are involved or which 3rd place team qualifies from specific groups, it would be random and I have a fix for that but it cant be discussed here

thanks for the input

cheers

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

can confirm using that additional helper the host nation/s gets drawn in group A and play all games in a home stadium

if more than one host one is in Group A the other in Group C and they both play all their games in a home stadium

23 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

forgot to check the additional helpers in the Euros

there are 2 there

b8c7e1050f789f21004036f21214fe93.png

I would imagine this helper is to set the home nation/s to specific groups in group stage possibly to certain stadiums too?

5b87a3db7ded099b84b76db861ec1dfa.png

Further tests on using this additional helper the host nation doesnt always end up in group A and I have seen co-hosts in the same group, so not sure what that helper actually does?

The issue with not all the best 3rd place teams going to the KO round is still happening

840498fad701c2dd6e6706193e5ea5af.png

d22b59d51c8be026f14b2e9f68a28de6.jpg

in game the rules are as expected

162330f8e5b97c3908655e6e483111ac.png

but I am still seeing at least one team who finished as one of 'the best 3rd' teams not move to KO round their place I have found goes to a team with the highest reputation who hasnt qualified for the KO round,I am stumped on this 

Edited by Roy Race 9

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Have you got an attempt at team mappings that takes into account third place teams in there? Maybe it's getting confused from that

no mate removed the team mappings and same thing happens

further testing it gets worse seeing teams finishing in the top 2 positions not in the KO rounds

once again the game is replacing them with the best reputation nations who haven't qualified 

9 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Hi @rmpMarko thanks for the above, but that is where you are trying to get the 'real' fixtures for 2024 where you know the nations taking part 

I am asking to set the mappings not knowing what nations are involved or which 3rd place team qualifies from specific groups, it would be random and I have a fix for that but it cant be discussed here

thanks for the input

cheers

Hi Roy,yes the nations taking part are the same only in the Groups.. and i only wanted to recreate the real calendar (not real result) which anyway does not work, so My team mapping is completely unknown and set up as the euro one 1b-3rd (from different groups), 1a-2c  1f-3rd(from different groups) etc... But im not trying to get the real teams for knockout stage. Those are random depending Who qualifies and following team mapping. 

Why don't you setup a sub league table for the 3rd placed teams? Then you can see how the editor has ranked them. Read my last post here.

Also, I have found removing the additional helpers sometimes "helps"! 

And yes, an obvious question to ask...Have you made the rules fixed from flexible?

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

no mate removed the team mappings and same thing happens

further testing it gets worse seeing teams finishing in the top 2 positions not in the KO rounds

once again the game is replacing them with the best reputation nations who haven't qualified 

11 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

Hi Roy,yes the nations taking part are the same only in the Groups.. and i only wanted to recreate the real calendar (not real result) which anyway does not work, so My team mapping is completely unknown and set up as the euro one 1b-3rd (from different groups), 1a-2c  1f-3rd(from different groups) etc... But im not trying to get the real teams for knockout stage. Those are random depending Who qualifies and following team mapping. 

9 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Why don't you setup a sub league table for the 3rd placed teams? Then you can see how the editor has ranked them. Read my last post here.

Also, I have found removing the additional helpers sometimes "helps"! 

And yes, an obvious question to ask...Have you made the rules fixed from flexible?

thanks both

its fixed format 

the big issue it looks like isnt the 3rd place its as highlighted above its effecting top 2 qualifiers too which I hadnt picked up before

I will have to set up that hidden stage and bite the bullet :D

I dont test files in editor[too many random bugs testing] but I did convert file to allow testing and it had 2 errors

not enough teams for stage 1[I cleared this would you believe by adding a space for 32 teams,[ adding 16 didnt work] in KO round which only needs 16??]

other error was in relation to ranking levels cleared that and file verified

in game comp is there with all rules showing-but first KO doesnt get drawn

so will try hidden stage later

cheers

Edited by Roy Race 9

Posted (edited)

@rmpMarko   \'Appy \'Ammer -it wont let me tag you it displays  another user

e475b012617a9c8f7ee207caffc4971c.png

I have added the hidden stage and the rules show correctly in game but still not getting the correct 3rd placed teams still seeing teams with highest reputation taking some of those 4 places:confused:

3a48145703aedfcd5ecd9f7f8bb97627.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

Posted (edited)

On 24/07/2024 at 19:47, rmpMarko said:

thanks ever so much for your input

some great stuff there with the mappings from the hidden stage 

I now have the mappings working correctly and no issue with the wrong teams[higher rep]taking the place of teams who actually qualified for the cup rounds, so a big thanks[I had Euros in a file with several other international comps,I believe that was causing a conflict somehow, once I moved Euros to its own file it worked correctly:D]

the only issue I have now is the past winner list/history isnt displaying/updating the winner from 2024, the fate action from the final should be correct, I will try a couple of things

thanks again:thup:

Edited by Roy Race 9

That's usually a sign of issues with ranking levels tbh, you definitely want the game to be able to figure out the winner itself, ideally without fate actions (plus news items will know it's the final etc). I can take a look at the file later and see if anything sticks out 

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's usually a sign of issues with ranking levels tbh, you definitely want the game to be able to figure out the winner itself, ideally without fate actions (plus news items will know it's the final etc). I can take a look at the file later and see if anything sticks out 

thanks mate its fixed now

cheers