Cup round not finding teams qualified from previous stage

Hi all.

I'm having an issue with a custom cup I'm creating.

I've set up a cup that, in the Preliminary Round (stage index 0), takes 92 teams, in a knockout format, one-leg matches, where the 46 winners advance to the next stage of the competition (First Round, stage index 1).

In this First Round stage, it takes those 46 winners and adds another 210 teams to form a new tree, and from there you continue until the Final, in a typical knockout stage fashion.

Problem is, in the First Round (stage index 1) I'm getting the "New stage 1  for custom cup can't find enough teams to be created" error (it says it finds 210, but needs 256 teams).

"Stage 0 -> Teams" section:
image.thumb.png.504ebda55294f8331823d35d71cf3c19.png

"Round -> General" tab section:
image.thumb.png.c71ef7e3f9d382ac6173bfe50930624a.png

"Fate Actions" section:
image.thumb.png.f5c0461c37991fedc5b7e450d71bd960.png

"Stage 1 -> Teams" section:
image.thumb.png.e0c7189afbbc664549c9437232cd5077.png

"Rounds -> General" section:
image.thumb.png.7837e04260533693b603ca0bfcc5740b.png

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Could be different things. do stage 1 have the requirement activated to start after 0 is finished? Or Because you divided indifferent stages, in the round option did u put that the teams actually starting are 256 and not just 210?

I was actually able to fix it by specifying the Round Name from where the Teams in Stage 0 where qualifying from to Stage 1 (weird, since the other stages didn't have that and validated fine)

However, now I'm having a different problem. The competition validates in the editor, but in the game it doesn't advance past the First Round (Stage 1).

It doesn't throw any errors or anything, the game just keeps going without the Second Round ever happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

image.png

image.png

You need to test competition in the editor to have a better idea why the stage does not start. 

See where it says test competition under Advanced rules? 

1 hour ago, Ominous77 said:

Yeah, I've already tested it multiple times and it passes without issues. That's what's baffling me.

Are u able to upload the file here? U can just do it selecting add files at the bottom

I can but it's from FM18 version.

Also, I found that the issue was related to how I was pulling the teams from one round to the other (more on that later).

Now, I changed the structure so all the knockout rounds in one single stage and it partially works, but teams are being pulled incorrectly for some of the rounds.

If you still want me to share the file, I will upload it no problems, if not then I'll try to explain everything in a new reply.

Let me know, thank you!

3 hours ago, Ominous77 said:

I can but it's from FM18 version.

Also, I found that the issue was related to how I was pulling the teams from one round to the other (more on that later).

Now, I changed the structure so all the knockout rounds in one single stage and it partially works, but teams are being pulled incorrectly for some of the rounds.

If you still want me to share the file, I will upload it no problems, if not then I'll try to explain everything in a new reply.

Let me know, thank you!

U can share If u want! 

Ok, here's the file.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

There's a total of 348 teams (16 from Div1, 14 from Div2, 16 from Div3 and the rest from lower divisions)
The structure of the cup reads like this:
-A Preliminary Round (round 0), with 92 teams from the lower divisions. The 46 winners advance to the First Round (round 1).
-The First Round (round 1) with 256 teams, from where the 46 winners from the previous round are joined by the other 210 from the lower divisions.
-Second Round (round 2) with 128 teams, from where 112 winners from round 1 (and I think here's the problem) are joined by 16 teams from Div3.
-Third Round (round 3) with 64 teams, where 32 winners from round 2 are joined by the 14 teams of Div2.
-Fourth Round (round 4) with 32 teams, where 16 winners from round 3 are joined by the 16 teams from Div1.
-Finals, Quarter Finals, Semis and Finals as a normal knockout round bracket.

Now, the issues I'm having:
-in the Preliminary Round, for some reason, 86-88 teams are being pulled instead of the 92.
-some winners from the First Round are given byes to the Third Round, for some reason. Same with winners from the Second Round, but I don't know where the destination is.
-Finals (round 5), Quarter Finals (round 6) and Semis (round 7) take place with some random winners from Third Round I think.
-Semis also taking place with 4 matches between 8 teams instead of 4 matches between 4 teams (2 legs).
-the Final is always between two random Div1 teams.

I'm uploading images for the whole setup in the Editor.

Some notes:
-I'm using the reverse teams feature to try and make the "better" teams show up later in the Cup.
-the lower divisions I'm trying to get some of the teams to go to the Preliminary Round, others to the First Round. Maybe there lies the problem?

Thank you!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

UY v9.fmf