Any news on the future of editing in FM25?

On 04/09/2024 at 05:48, krlenjushka said:

@Wolf_pd we still cant load xmls in game without verification with editor?

Nothing works! Game and editor is worse year by year. Anyone with brain in SI?

Hey, in case you haven't solved this yet...

Export a verified file to xml. Open that file and copy/paste the verification section to your file. Import your file into the editor and save it as a regular editor file. That should now work in the game and count as verified.

20 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I can agree on that. What exactly do you mean by "tricks"?

Let's say the case of the Bermuda Hoggies. It is an extinct team, but when revived it had some extra tricks up its sleeve. Apparently there is some hardcoding somewhere which was used when the team was active.

The team is used to set a Athletic Bilbao kind of system where the club forces you only to play your own nation's players. If the developer is checking code and sees the code for this specific team, they will say, the team is now extinct, but the code is still there. That code can be cleaned up. The team no longer has this special feature then and is just another extinct team.

We used this feature to our advantage, which is perfectly OK, but it was usable because someone didn't clean up the code and not because it was supposed to be usable like we did.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Let's say the case of the Bermuda Hoggies. It is an extinct team, but when revived it had some extra tricks up its sleeve. Apparently there is some hardcoding somewhere which was used when the team was active.

The team is used to set a Athletic Bilbao kind of system where the club forces you only to play your own nation's players. If the developer is checking code and sees the code for this specific team, they will say, the team is now extinct, but the code is still there. That code can be cleaned up. The team no longer has this special feature then and is just another extinct team.

We used this feature to our advantage, which is perfectly OK, but it was usable because someone didn't clean up the code and not because it was supposed to be usable like we did.

No thats ok by me but i dont understand why they make some changes without any feedback from us. About that sh*ty verification. They added that in this way to avoid handling unverified files. This can be done much easier - simply add some marker for verified files to save game . Add rule where you say that you are not responsible for problems with non-verified files and thats it. Leave option to play without verification. This is especially case after release where editor cant verify vanilla rules and nobody can play almost any file until december.

BTW contract bug is still here. We have 2 "star player" rows and game add contracts to new AI generated players only by "squad player" settings. All other settings wont work.

I wrote this couple years ago and it was fixed but as always they forgot to update their main folder.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Hey, in case you haven't solved this yet...

Export a verified file to xml. Open that file and copy/paste the verification section to your file. Import your file into the editor and save it as a regular editor file. That should now work in the game and count as verified.

I know that but im sick of mumbo-jambo hacker nonsence because editor cant verify something. My file works 100% without single bug.

Tested 20 times for 10 seasons so far.

Edited by krlenjushka

15 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

No thats ok by me but i dont understand why they make some changes without any feedback from us. About that sh*ty verification. They added that in this way to avoid handling unverified files. This can be done much easier - simply add some marker for verified files to save game . Add rule where you say that you are not responsible for problems with verified files and thats it. Leave option to play without verification. This is especially case after release where editor cant verify vanilla rules and nobody can play almost any file until december.

Yep, understood.

I am worried, not gonna lie. I love being able to add leagues to the game. However, in the 24 editors there were options to make womens teams already in place. I don't know why this would be there unless they were gonna keep this feature active. So i'm cautiously optimistic.

I see absolutely no reason to expect that the editor would be dropped.  The database will change - almost certainly due to the addition of women's football - but that will be only loosely coupled to the game.  We might get a redo of the editor app to work on something approaching Unity, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same editor just with new fields and a couple of extra tricks that they won't tell anyone about.  There's just nothing to suggest that it would be removed, and if it was, given the editor has been present for...what, like over a decade or something?  If they were removing it, I imagine they would have said so as part of the funeral dirge that was their two previous announcements.  I'm not remotely worried.

53 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I see absolutely no reason to expect that the editor would be dropped.  The database will change - almost certainly due to the addition of women's football - but that will be only loosely coupled to the game.  We might get a redo of the editor app to work on something approaching Unity, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same editor just with new fields and a couple of extra tricks that they won't tell anyone about.  There's just nothing to suggest that it would be removed, and if it was, given the editor has been present for...what, like over a decade or something?  If they were removing it, I imagine they would have said so as part of the funeral dirge that was their two previous announcements.  I'm not remotely worried.

SI, never actually share anything about the Editor, since the change from CM to FM (Don't recall in the old CM versions). Maybe now they are a bit more transparent... I wouldn't bet on it. Don't see Miles or anyone at SI, taking their time to write blog post about the Editor, either new features or non-inclusion in FM25.

I'm expecting the same Editor, without any upgrades. The exact same we have FM24.

Edited by grade