The FM Points table challenge

The FM Points Table Challenge

(The name might change! I couldn't think of a better one!)

I have been trying to create this challenge for a while and hopefully a few of you give it a go and enjoy it! a few friends and I used to do a similar version and it was a lot of fun to compare scores.

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is to win as many trophies as you can with multiple teams. Winning trophies will earn you points and there will be a leader board to rank everyone taking part. You can also earn points via other achievements, listed below.

The Rules

A relaxed start! You can select any team you like!, there are no restrictions on who you manage, but you can only stay with this club for a maximum of 5 years. Once you have hit the 5 year mark you need to resign and take over a new club. You are also free to leave the club earlier if you prefer (this is encouraged)

You can manage in any league you like, any continent too. International jobs are available too but NOT whilst employed at a club (one job at a time!) You could even pick a team in the Vanarama North if you are confident they will win the league. Or why not take a team in the Bahamas to league and cup glory for a few years!

You are encouraged to change jobs as often as you can by rewarding you with extra points for the different teams you use, and the different leagues you manage in. On the other hand, it could be worth sticking with 1 club for 5 years if you are sure you will a lot of trophies.

Points Scoring

Screenshot2024-07-31230640.thumb.png.5f8b450d5b6872f73be4038f947c508e.png

I haven't listed every competitions but the equivalent competition in a different country/continent will get the same points. So for the Asian version of the super cup will get you 10 points. Or the Copa Libertadores will get you 40 (like the champions league)

Tips

Start with a team you are sure will win the league - PSG, Bayern Munich, TNS in wales if you want a challenge! This way you should get off to a high scoring start.

Create your manager with all the badges and international experience.

Try to manage in as many countries as possible, changing teams gets you more points and keeps it interesting. 

However, If you are dominating with a team then staying in one place might be better as you can get a lot of points with an incredible team.

World cups are a big point scorer - try to time quitting a job to take up an international just for the tournament, then get back into a new club team right after.

Admin

At the end of each season if you could post a screenshot for every trophy, or achievement you collect and I can update the leader board.

We will have 3 leader boards, one for 5 years completed, one for 10 years and one for 20 years. 

I am open to adjustments in the points scoring system if I have been too harsh/Generous with the points.

Hope some of you take part and enjoy! let me know any suggestions etc.

Posting here to claim this section for the leader board.

This is wishful thinking on my part as I may be the only person taking part :D 

Posted (edited)

20240801220304_1.thumb.jpg.37d07bb8b13794c46ac564995d861c6a.jpg

I decided to start with Real Madrid as I figured they would be a fun team to choose. 

However, since looking at the team it seems there is no out and out striker, and only 2 "normal" Centre backs, one of which is injured for the season. So this could be fun! 

I will keep updating here in the hopes someone joins in :D  

Edited by naterr

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting challenge, I will surely do it... it's bit of a change having the possibility to play with great teams, considering all the challenges on this forum are starting low to reach high levels 🤣

11 hours ago, AndreV1313 said:

Interesting challenge, I will surely do it... it's bit of a change having the possibility to play with great teams, considering all the challenges on this forum are starting low to reach high levels 🤣

Being able to use the top teams in a sort of "challenge" was my plan for this, gives you a chance to manager Barcelona, Man City, PSG etc, and something different to the Glory Hunter. 

I've been slowly progressing my save on here - in between other saves! 

• 4 weeks later...
Em 31/07/2024 em 19:24, naterr disse:

O Desafio da Tabela de Pontos FM

(O nome pode mudar! Não consegui pensar em um melhor!)

Estou tentando criar esse desafio há algum tempo e espero que alguns de vocês experimentem e gostem! Alguns amigos e eu costumávamos fazer uma versão parecida e era muito divertido comparar as pontuações.

O objectivo

O objetivo deste desafio é ganhar o máximo de troféus que puder com várias equipes. Ganhar troféus lhe renderá pontos e haverá uma tabela de classificação para classificar todos os participantes. Você também pode ganhar pontos por meio de outras conquistas, listadas abaixo.

As regras

Um começo tranquilo! Você pode selecionar qualquer time que quiser!, não há restrições sobre quem você gerencia, mas você só pode ficar neste clube por um máximo de 5 anos. Depois de atingir a marca de 5 anos, você precisa renunciar e assumir um novo clube. Você também é livre para deixar o clube mais cedo se preferir (isso é encorajado)

Você pode gerenciar em qualquer liga que quiser, em qualquer continente também. Empregos internacionais também estão disponíveis, mas NÃO enquanto estiver empregado em um clube (um emprego de cada vez!). Você pode até escolher um time no Vanarama North se estiver confiante de que eles ganharão a liga. Ou por que não levar um time nas Bahamas para a glória da liga e da copa por alguns anos!

Você é incentivado a mudar de emprego sempre que possível, sendo recompensado com pontos extras para os diferentes times que você joga e as diferentes ligas que você treina. Por outro lado, pode valer a pena ficar em um clube por 5 anos se você tiver certeza de que ganhará muitos troféus.

Pontuação de pontos

Captura de tela2024-07-31230640.thumb.png.5f8b450d5b6872f73be4038f947c508e.png

Não listei todas as competições, mas a competição equivalente em um país/continente diferente receberá os mesmos pontos. Então, para a versão asiática da supercopa, você receberá 10 pontos. Ou a Copa Libertadores receberá 40 (como a Champions League)

Pontas

Comece com um time que você tem certeza que vai ganhar a liga - PSG, Bayern de Munique, TNS em Gales se você quiser um desafio! Dessa forma, você deve começar com um início de alta pontuação.

Crie seu gerente com todos os emblemas e experiência internacional.

Tente jogar em tantos países quanto possível. Mudar de time lhe dá mais pontos e mantém o jogo interessante. 

No entanto, se você estiver dominando com um time, ficar em um lugar pode ser melhor, pois você pode ganhar muitos pontos com um time incrível.

As Copas do Mundo são um grande fator de pontuação - tente planejar deixar um emprego para jogar uma partida internacional apenas para o torneio e, em seguida, retornar a um novo clube.

Administrador

No final de cada temporada, se você pudesse postar uma captura de tela de cada troféu ou conquista que você coletou, eu poderia atualizar o quadro de líderes.

Teremos 3 tabelas de classificação, uma para 5 anos concluídos, uma para 10 anos e uma para 20 anos. 

Estou aberto a ajustes no sistema de pontuação se eu tiver sido muito duro/generoso com os pontos.

Espero que alguns de vocês participem e gostem! Deixem sugestões, etc.

How many points would you value for the regional and state championships in Brazil?

Here in Brazil, in addition to national (domestic) championships, there are state and regional championships, all teams play in them.

it would be something like:

regional cup

state league

state cup

state supercup

On 13/09/2024 at 12:50, civilEN said:

How many points would you value for the regional and state championships in Brazil?

Here in Brazil, in addition to national (domestic) championships, there are state and regional championships, all teams play in them.

it would be something like:

regional cup

state league

state cup

state supercup

Good question!

I am not sure on the names of each cup competition but I think I would value the most prestigious one at 20 points, then all the others at 10 points. Then super cup(s) still being just the 5 points.

Em 14/09/2024 em 19:29, naterr disse:

Boa pergunta!

Não tenho certeza dos nomes de cada competição de copa, mas acho que eu valorizaria a mais prestigiosa em 20 pontos, depois todas as outras em 10 pontos. Então super copa(s) ainda sendo apenas os 5 pontos.

but then would the state championships have the same score as the national cup?

On 16/09/2024 at 12:10, civilEN said:

but then would the state championships have the same score as the national cup?

I think that would make sense yes - to keep the points different from the "top" league but also a good reward.