Help with the Resource Archiver FM18

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody here have the Resource Archiver FM18 at hand and that could help me.

I want to move Australia to OFC and Israel & Kazakhstan to AFC.

I don't know if here is the right place on the forums to ask, so forgive me in advance.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Ominous77 said:

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody here have the Resource Archiver FM18 at hand and that could help me.

I want to move Australia to OFC and Israel & Kazakhstan to AFC.

I don't know if here is the right place on the forums to ask, so forgive me in advance.

Thank you.

If you look around and better you will find this info but anyway

Download FM24/23/22/21...etc Resource Archiver and launch it.

I am going to say fm24 just to make things easy, of course yours is going to be 18.

Click "Extract Archive" and find the file "comp editor.fmf" in your Steam folder "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data"
Select a folder to extract the files in a place u can find easily
In the new folder go on format--->database-----> "nation.xml" an open it.
Find the following text:

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti" />

<translation id="name" translation_id="229389" type="use" value="Continent" />

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent" />

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />

</record>

----------------

Change row <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" /> to <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false" />

Save the xml file

MAKE A BACKUP of your "comp editor.fmf" file

Go to the Resource Archiver then click "Create Archive" and save the archive file in the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data" folder.

Only overwrite the existing file there if you had made a backup of it.

Launch the Editor and it should work.

P.S. I AM SURE THIS WILL IMPACT A LOT OF COMPETITION SO IT'S NOT GONNA BE JUST AN EXCHANGE. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE LOT OF WORK TO DO.

4.png

5.png

Edited by rmpMarko

Hi.

I know what are the supposed steps to do with the tool, but I don't have it, and I can't buy it anymore on Steam, that's why I was asking if somebody else has it and can help me.

Thanks anyway.

17 minutes ago, Ominous77 said:

Hi.

I know what are the supposed steps to do with the tool, but I don't have it, and I can't buy it anymore on Steam, that's why I was asking if somebody else has it and can help me.

Thanks anyway.

Why are u unable to get it? If i go on My steam i can get the resource archiver even for fm16. U don t have to buy it, it s for free. U sure u looked properly? It s in the tools, not the games. 

42 minutes ago, Ominous77 said:

You were right! I found it! Thanks!

Another thing, can the Resource Archiver of one version be used with other versions of the game?

You said you found the version you needed and you are asking if you can use a different version? :confused:

So I managed to find the nation.xml file, modify it, save it and repackaged everything again.

But when I open the Editor this error pops up:

image.png.4043b6ecab05d585dcc34ae8a06a9e04.png

Any idea why? I literally just changed the "read-only" value for the Continents part.

Thank you.

Well, the question is whether your game is installed correctly. So, is it? Because there are not much reasons why the editor doesn’t mesh with the game well.

I have installed both the game and the editor in the same drive. I've seen multiple people having issues because they didn't do that.

Also, on a side note, is it normal that after repackaging the comp editor.fmf, its size comes down? Because the new one is 35kb smaller than the original.

Thanks.

Have seen the filesize differ slightly, so that's not an issue per se.

But I would say the comp file isn't the issue when you are missing essential data. Have you tried verifying your files via Steam? That might help.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Have seen the filesize differ slightly, so that's not an issue per se.

But I would say the comp file isn't the issue when you are missing essential data. Have you tried verifying your files via Steam? That might help.

It does verify.

Then I am afraid I can't help you. Seems something is either corrupt or missing, but when the verification process doesn't pick that up I am out of ideas.