[Suggestion] - Goal kick buildup and build up phase

In the next FM25 opus, I suggest that an option be made available (TIs/PIs) so that the goalkeeper (GK) can act as a central defender (CB).
After a goal clearance, one of the central defenders (CB) could make the clearance from six metres out with the option of a short or long kick.
With the choice of a short kick, the goalkeeper (GK) would be positioned in the centre of the six-metre zone alongside the central defenders, whose main objective is to attract and provoke as much pressure as possible from the opponent.
It would also be possible for the option to temporarily transform the goalkeeper (GK) into a central defender (CB) when the team is looking for a solution and goes back to move the opposing block.
With the choice of a long kick the goalkeeper (GK) would be preserved for example because of injury, fatigue, temporary knock.

In writing this suggestion, it seems more like a new goalkeeper role than an option to be ticked off.
Thanks for reading and interest.

Edited by BatigoalFM

On 21/08/2024 at 22:20, BatigoalFM said:

In the next FM25 opus, I suggest that an option be made available (TIs/PIs) so that the goalkeeper (GK) can act as a central defender (CB).
After a goal clearance, one of the central defenders (CB) could make the clearance from six metres out with the option of a short or long kick.
With the choice of a short kick, the goalkeeper (GK) would be positioned in the centre of the six-metre zone alongside the central defenders, whose main objective is to attract and provoke as much pressure as possible from the opponent.
It would also be possible for the option to temporarily transform the goalkeeper (GK) into a central defender (CB) when the team is looking for a solution and goes back to move the opposing block.
With the choice of a long kick the goalkeeper (GK) would be preserved for example because of injury, fatigue, temporary knock.

In writing this suggestion, it seems more like a new goalkeeper role than an option to be ticked off.
Thanks for reading and interest.

I've suggested this before, as a lot of teams now rely on their GK to be part of their back line when building up. the most aggressive role, SK-At, does not even come anywhere near this.

I suppose it can be a new role, or it could just be extra instructions. One instruction to "Push keeper into back line during build up", and one instruction to "Choose goal kick taker".

Considering that it's become decently popular (I've seen it happen in the PL quite a few times), there is a decent chance of it being in the next game. Generally tactical changes only get added into the game once popularised, such as WCB and IFB roles

Edited by boey

Il y a 17 heures, boey a dit :

I've suggested this before, as a lot of teams now rely on their GK to be part of their back line when building up. the most aggressive role, SK-At, does not even come anywhere near this.

I suppose it can be a new role, or it could just be extra instructions. One instruction to "Push keeper into back line during build up", and one instruction to "Choose goal kick taker".

Considering that it's become decently popular (I've seen it happen in the PL quite a few times), there is a decent chance of it being in the next game. Generally tactical changes only get added into the game once popularised, such as WCB and IFB roles

Thank you for your response and interest in this new feature.
Indeed, it's quite popular in many European soccer leagues and beyond.
Hopefully, as you say, it will be included in the next version of FM25.

Em 27/08/2024 em 10:32, boey disse:

I liked the suggestion, but I think dont need to creat a new role for GK and yes add it for SwGK-At .

The "Choose goal kick taker" could add more the one player or define all the defenders or just CBs. And the SwGK-At could be more movable with and without the ball to make easier he finds other teammates doing short passes. Current the role is static then the SwGK does long and risky ball when he just would need run with the ball to finbd a better position to find his teammates with lazy long balls.