[FM24] Sassuolo: A New Beginning

warlock

Some good signings there, @Deisler26 although Brescianini and Esposito are the only ones I know anything about.

Shame it was mainly a reactive window so far, replacing the departures.

Gotta love those player dynamics :lol:

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Some good signings there, @Deisler26 although Brescianini and Esposito are the only ones I know anything about.

Shame it was mainly a reactive window so far, replacing the departures.

Gotta love those player dynamics :lol:

Wrong guy :D

It's a shame you lost Maxime, but it's part of the journey.

You have dealt quite well in the market and the squad seems decent enough to avoid relegation bar injuries to some key players. [knocks on wood]

Sassuolo - August 2025

Just a quick update - MrsW keeps filling up the calendar with annoying social engagements so I'm unlikely to play much this weekend, and on Sunday we're away on holiday for two weeks.

In the last week of the transfer window we dealt with a minor player rebellion, as a result of which three players were transfer listed. Unfortunately, the only one we managed to ship out was RB Yeferson Paz who joined Cadiz in Spain. There's no fee attached but they are, at least, covering most of his wages.

Troublemaker in chief Uros Racic attracted no interest whatsoever so he remains as an emergency option if absolutely needed. His misery minion, Kristian Thorstvedt, attracted half-a-dozen loan-to-buy offers from a variety of clubs in Spain and France, wanted to discuss terms with all of them, and refused every contract. In the end I became so irritated I banished him to the u20s.

Being unable to generate funds for either Racic or Thorstvedt meant we were unable to find a permanent solution, but we did bring in a loan signing who will take the Norwegian's spot in central midfield:

image.png.09e76ec6a6aded15a01d00962bf0a6b9.png

Grønbæk comes in from Rennes with us paying no loan fee and 80% of his wages, which I think is good value. He's quick, hard-working and has good first touch and technique. We have a £4.7m option to buy if he works out.

Early form

Our return to the top flight comes with some pressure. The board has moderated its initial demand of a top-half finish and now requires us to achieve mid-table. Which is precisely where the media predicts us to finish:

image.png.3e4a7579a3e4a32b44dc7712dce01820.png

It's very early days, but we have got off to a decent start:

image.png.fd282a2af079a8623b0c5f60ad21bf09.png

New signing Esposito started with a bang, scoring on his debut, and CB Smolcic has also started well. Berardi has had a storming start to the season with 4 goals and 3 assists already. Unfortunately, he then suffered a hamstring strain and will miss the next month.

Surprise package has been Norwegian winger Emil Ceide:

image.png.81f95d8bb130e0adde0b06a1329e198c.png

He spent last season on loan at Rosenborg and did well enough for me to promote him to the First XI this time.  With two goals and an average 7.6 rating in his first three games, he's putting pressure on first-choice AML Lauriente.

We'll have a better idea of where we stand after September, when we'll play tougher opposition in Lazio and Inter.