How to get the most of my team?

Hi guys, few questions.

1. How can I get the most of this team? As you can see on the picture below, 4 of my 5 key players are 3 defenders and the first-choice goalkeeper, what style of play do you recommend in this case?spacer.png

2. Next I want to put some key players which I want to focus my whole tactic around, how can I get the most of them, which style of football do you think can get the most of them?

a. Rubén Pulido - D(RC) This is clearly my best player is an excellent defender, but has low techinque, vision and dribbling.

spacer.png

spacer.png

b. Miguel Loureiro - D/WB (R) This guy is a beast physically but has big limitations on the techinque and mental side of the game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

c. Darío Poveda - S(C) he is my best striker by far, has a great hold up play with the balance and strenght but he lacks of jumping reach that why idk if it will be good to play him as a target man.

spacer.png

spacer.png

thanks in advance.

Perhaps play narrow aswell as there is only two wide players? 

Four defending roles can make them struggle to score sometimes. I noticed a difference for the better when I went down to three defending in 4231, but of course thats another system.

hace 6 horas, Dreambuilder dijo:

Perhaps play narrow aswell as there is only two wide players? 

Four defending roles can make them struggle to score sometimes. I noticed a difference for the better when I went down to three defending in 4231, but of course thats another system.

I thought the same about the width, but the formation is already narrow, I think that playing even narrower could lead to an overkill, beside that, I tick play through the middle often. Watching the highlights in full mode I found that my build-up start from the middle and when I find any of the AMC the play develop into a pass into space or to feet to the wingbacks who cross or dribble, but always we end with crosses or shoots from outside the penalty box.

Defensively I´ve found really solid when we play agressive defending (pushing from the back, trigger pressing more often, trapping inside, steping up).