Have you ever witnessed a big club drop out of the top league? (Man utd relegated)

Have you witnessed a top club get relegated?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have you witnessed a top club get relegated?

I've never before witnessed one of the big clubs dropping out of the top league, so I'm shocked this just happened in my game. I managed Man Utd to their league win in 2030/2031, yet 3 seasons later after I left they went on to get relegated... I only managed them for that one season and if I'm honest, their finances were in a mess. I fixed their short terms finances with player sales and reducing the wage bill by £1mil per week, but now their in such a catastrophic mess.

image.thumb.jpeg.2ab7f527774b8ae13389a7a52bbaaa85.jpeg

I saw Liverpool get relegated in 2028 on a save I did last year, the earliest I have ever seen a top European club get relegated.

Ive only seen it a handful of times otherwise, normally Spurs or Man utd. I have seen Roma and Atheltico get relegated in their leagues in early 2030s

3 hours ago, mikcheck said:

I've seen it, but not that soon in the save. 

3 hours ago, samrnpage said:

I saw Liverpool get relegated in 2028 on a save I did last year, the earliest I have ever seen a top European club get relegated.

Ive only seen it a handful of times otherwise, normally Spurs or Man utd. I have seen Roma and Atheltico get relegated in their leagues in early 2030s

I suppose the main reason is finances getting out of control, so Man Utd with their big loans kind of makes sense in that way. It just surprised me because I'd gotten them back on track 3 seasons earlier and winning the league with them.

16 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I've seen Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City and Liverpool relegated before (not all on the same game, e.g. I think Man City was FM20 and Chelsea on FM23)

Also Leeds relegated to League 1 a few times throughout the years

Leeds were in League 1 IRL in the mid 2000s

40 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Leeds were in League 1 IRL in the mid 2000s

I'm aware, but nonetheless they're a big club relative to that division and in the saves they were relegated in, IRL they were either performing well in the Championship or in the PL

I saw Rangers relegated in FM23. Was in the late 2030s.

Scotland only had 1 guaranteed European spot and I'd forced myself past them to compete with Celtic so they spend about 5 years with no European money.

They sat 12th in February (I'd stopped paying attention to them a few years ago and genuinely didn't notice until I thumped them and saw the table), so I added a manager and their debts were £100m+. Squad had one player on ~£50k a week, and the rest were on less than £5k a week with most fairly rotten youth players. Their keeper was rated 3rd tier standard.

They only spent a season in the division below as the £50k striker hit over a goal a game, but they ended up mid-table side for a few years until i stopped the save for FM24.

my original FM24 save saw me get to 2100/01 and saw most of the big names go down, arsenal went down, Chelsea became a yo-yo, united and city i think both had a spell in the championship and Bournemouth, Southampton took over as the dominant clubs

Edited by acidmonkey