Liverpool 442

As iv'e had some cracking results with this tactic and Liverpool i figure ill get it posted and hopefully it will work for others.

Now i know its not as challenging using Liverpool but i have done and i make no apologies in doing so. The tactic is a basic 442 that hasn't been tried with any other team so test at your own risk ;)

First things first The Squad....

Having sold off

Kuyt £15m Man City

Degen Loan Fee £300k Stoke

Cavalieri Loan Fee £150k Juventus

Itandje £1.7m Wolfsburg

Pennant £14.75m Tottenham :)

Hyypia £1m Fulham

Benayoun £10m Tottenham :)

I Bought

Enyeama £220k H.Tel-Aviv

Sakho £8.25m Paris

Rafinha £15m Schalke

Saivet £6m FC Girondins

Obertan £13.5m FC Girondins

So my first team squad is

GK 1.Reina 2. Enyeama

DL 1.Aurelio 2.Dossena 3.Insua

DR 1.Rafinha 2.Arbeloa

DC 1.Carragher 2.Agger 3.Skirtel 4.Sakho

MR 1.Gerrard 2.Obertan

ML 1.Riera 2.Babel (Been using him as a striker though and he has 9 goals from 14 starts)

DMC 1.Mascherano 2.Veloso (Joining in Jan)

MC 1.Alonso 2.Lucas

ST 1.Torres 2.(see Babel) 3.Keane (Currently Transfer Listed) 4.Saivet 5.Ngog

So all in all not a bad line up.

Now im not going to go into all the specifics because its too long winded and boring. If you want to try the tactic d/l it if not dont its up to you. If you do can i suggest that you use Mascha on the back arrow position and Babel as the left Striker Torres as the right Striker the rest is self explanitory.

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/173138294/Fast_n_Hard__4-4-2__Liverpool__Jul_2008_.rar.html

Oh im using Tugs training too

Dont know where to upload (any suggestions welcome)

What other info would you like its a 442 that ive tried to make a quick short passing counter style that seems to work with the players listed in my first post.

tacscreenie.png

Screenshot is of my current best starting 11

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=5492699

Thats the best file share place i could find (still open to suggestions) seems you have to wait for 45secs before it will d/l many apologies but its free :)

Well i started off with Babel on the left but i was caught short on Strikers so had to use him up front where he's scored a few but i do play him on the left if need be and he plays well there just doesnt score as many. As for Gerrard i didn't budget for a right winger so unfortunately he's my best choice for that position so i try and keep him there.

Well i started off with Babel on the left but i was caught short on Strikers so had to use him up front where he's scored a few but i do play him on the left if need be and he plays well there just doesnt score as many. As for Gerrard i didn't budget for a right winger so unfortunately he's my best choice for that position so i try and keep him there.

Okay, thanks man.

i used almost the same formation as you do.

i put babel up top partnering torres because keane struggling to score goals.

but when i play.lee feedback always say that the space between our defence and midfield is too big and can be exploited.

how can i fix that??

help me.

Dj thanks for the screenies mate gonna give Ngog a run in the team see how i get on :)

paann i dont pay too much attention to that side of the game but i suppose you could get the defence to push up more to close the gap down?

Let us know if it improves the tac.

righ i just started as toronto fc and this tactic is scary good

4-0

5-0

4-3(i think)

another couple of big wins which i cant remember

this is a great tactic but american defences do tend to play a little too high and are crap but still

fair play

by the way its the latest patch

What are you guys doing for alternative tactics? It's my understanding that after a number of games using the same tactic, the computer will adapt which makes them much more difficult to break down.

I like what I see, but I'm worried soon enough the tactic will faze out.

i'm porstmouth got beat 2-0 at home against newcastle :( im using the new patch btw

this tactic is bad defensively

Sorry its not working out for you mate iv'e not tested much on the new patch will probably take a look today.

MeLikeFM glad its working for you though ;) looks like the American defence thing is helping the strikers out as i rarely win by such margins so maybe theres something to be had there.

rick111 as of yet i have no alternative mate i think it needs to evolve into some kind of 4-4-1-1 with a bit more emphasis on the counter however i would love to convert this into a 4-3-3 here's hoping!

Mr Hough hopefully this will work out for you ive tried to make it a team tactic rather than an individual player one so as long as you have a few grafters in the team im sure you''ll do well

paann take a look here mate http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54852 hope this helps

Archived