The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Quaresma will do pretty well. HOPEFULLY this will switch to a 4-4-2 considering we have 4 wingers in the squad atm, Malouda, Kalou, Stoch, now Quaresma. I think he will do better here becasue 1. I'm sure he will get playing time straight away because Malouda is **** and he is Portugeuse (sp?)(Scolari likes Portuguese players) and 2. Quaresma played under Scolari for the national team. I think he will prove to be an excellent signing or a terrible flop, no in between, but I guess time will tell..

Was reading some opta stats on sky sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11979_2705370,00.html) which shows us as having the top shooter in the Premiership (Lampard), team with the most shots (356), 2nd highest passer in the league (Mikel, only behind Alonso with Lampard 4th), the top goalscorer in the league (Anelka ofc), the most shots on target (157) and the most team passes completed (10862). Reading that makes it sound like we should be top fairly comfortably :(.

Aren't you guys wondering why Inter let Quaresma go??

Plenty of players flourish with a change of clubs/scenery, he may not be one but certainly has some talent and let's face it, can he be worse than Malouda. I wonder if he's one of those vain feckers that needs his ego stroked, seems to think highly of himself. Not sure Scolari is the kind of guy to stroke egos though :D

• Administrators

Finding it fairly funny that everyone's feeling the need to tell us Quaresma's been toss at Inter. Wowee, so a player flops somewhere. Since when did that mean he has to flop everywhere? He's coming into a comfortable environment with a familiar coaching staff and native language speakers in Hilário, Ferreira, Carvalho, Alex, Belletti, Mineiro, Bosingwa, and Deco, the chances of him thriving are about as high as they are flopping.

Fb brilliant news about Lampard, although if it didnt happen it would of beena serious injustice. Mike Riley is a pathetic referee, wouldn't suprise me if he was the sort to be bribed aswell :D

Not sure how Quaresma will do for us, like Philip said though, he can come to the Bridge, knowing there are many players who he knows, and he is familiar with the manager as well. Inter's formation doesnt really suit him though tbh. Not that ours suits anyone.

Hope he does well though of course.

Will he go straight into the team for Villa?

I bet Quaresma does very well

1. Worked with Scolari before

2. He's actually just what you need, something out of the ordinary. Cole being out makes him even more vital.

Malouda=not a premiership player, could be good in other leagues.

Kalou=good but not a dribbling winger

A good signing

Fb brilliant news about Lampard, although if it didnt happen it would of beena serious injustice. Mike Riley is a pathetic referee, wouldn't suprise me if he was the sort to be bribed aswell :D

Not sure how Quaresma will do for us, like Philip said though, he can come to the Bridge, knowing there are many players who he knows, and he is familiar with the manager as well. Inter's formation doesnt really suit him though tbh. Not that ours suits anyone.

Hope he does well though of course.

Will he go straight into the team for Villa?

Home to Hull this weekend. Away to Villa two weeks after that.

Finding it fairly funny that everyone's feeling the need to tell us Quaresma's been toss at Inter. Wowee, so a player flops somewhere. Since when did that mean he has to flop everywhere? He's coming into a comfortable environment with a familiar coaching staff and native language speakers in Hilário, Ferreira, Carvalho, Alex, Belletti, Mineiro, Bosingwa, and Deco, the chances of him thriving are about as high as they are flopping.

I just sure as hell he suceeds in England. If he doesn't impress during this loan period, then he'll be a talented player that has flopped in the top 3 leagues. His confidence will be ruined and his market value will drop rock-bottom. Argh! Forca Ricardo..

Fantastic news for him.

Latest knock-up of our potential new kit is up:

http://www.carefreechris.com/2009/02/04/chelsea-mock-home-kits-2009-10/

It's based on the new New York Red Bulls kit:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/red-bull-new-york-09-10-adidas-soccer-jersey.html

It's certainly a change. Will wait till I see it on someone before I can really comment on it, think it's one that will grow on me. Not keen on the shoulder-mesh pad bits though. I like the away kit though.

Archived