The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Andy :D so absolutely battered, nothing like internet evidence when sobering up in the morning.

Fantastic night, a rare bright moment this season. I love Guus. I love Essien, I love Lampard, I LOVE DROGBA, and am enjoying smugging those who abused him for ages.

I remember when Mikel played the U20 WC. He was one of the best three players in that tournament imo, the other two were Silva and Llorente (not a bad company). I don't want to include Messi as he was head and shoulders above the rest.

He was an attacking midfielder in that tournament though.

I remember when Mikel played the U20 WC. He was one of the best three players in that tournament imo, the other two were Silva and Llorente (not a bad company). I don't want to include Messi as he was head and shoulders above the rest.

He was an attacking midfielder in that tournament though.

I think he's looked pretty good when he does start going forward from the anchor role (unless he decides to shoot) and reckon he could do well next to Lamps or Essien in our current 4 3 3 or in a 4 4 2 where he'd have more freedom.

So Man City this weekend, should be looking for 3 more points as their away form is awful. Would love to see:

GK: Cech

DR: Bosingwa

DL: Cole

DC: Ricky

DC: JT

DMC: Mikel

MC: Essien

MC: Lampard

AMR: Kalou

AML: Anelka

ST: Drogba

Although can see us playing with the same team who drew with Juve.

I would swap Kalou with Quaresma and be happy with that 11.

Yeah would like to see a bit more of quaresma, was pleased when i saw we were in for him and would hope he isn't just left on the bench for the rest of the season.

July 18

Chelsea vs. Seattle Sounders FC

Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

July 19

Club America vs. Inter Milan

L.A. Coliseum - Los Angeles, CA

July 21

Chelsea vs. Inter Milan

Stanford Stadium - Stanford, CA

July 22

AC Milan vs. Club America

Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA

July 24

AC Milan vs. Chelsea

Olympic Stadium - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

July 26

AC Milan vs. Inter Milan

Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA

Chelsea vs. Club America

Cowboys Stadium - Arlington, TX

This is the reported schedule for our Stateside pre-season tour. Looks like it will correlate nicely with the trip i'm planning for the Summer. Will try to take in a game or two.

Am really looking forward to it. Think it'll be a good one.

City have had 2 days less rest than us, and have utterly woeful away form, hope i'm not cursing us but it should be comfy, knowing Gus tho it'll be 1-0 :D

errrrrrrrm wow, i'm so shocked at the side Hughes is putting out, looks like we're actually going to go for it for a change as oppose to just piling the side up with DMCs

Given

Richards

Bridge

Onuoha

Dunne

Zabaleta

Ireland

Elano

Wright-Phillips

Robinho

Caicedo

Archived