The Duke v3 - The Fulham Quadruple!

Im not having any luck with either of these tactics, im aston villa in my first season and ive tried v3 and codes tactics for 8-9 games each straight including from pre season and im really struggling, we dont take our chances and we let in some very weak goals. im currently 15th after 11 games, the only bright spot was beating man u 3-2 away. my centre backs play awful especially laursen who i thought would suit challenging for the keeper but nothing. im playing mostly this team:

friedel

young laursen davies shorey

milner petrov barry young

agbonlahor carew

ive only had chance to buy a few squad players as i only had 6m, ive played sidwell and reo coker in cm too but they were quite poor.

any ideas??

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should say ive had moderate success with dukes v2 with crewe where i finished 10th after being bottom after 5 games and ive changed to v3 for the start of my 2nd season and started with a 7-2 win at home to swindon so i dont think theres a problem there, just cant get it going with villa

This is a great tactic for my Getafe side, I used this when I had a record of 3 wins and 1 loss in the league now I have 16 wins and 2 losses in the league. The only thing I have trouble with is the attacking MC seems to get quite bad ratings.

Im not having any luck with either of these tactics, im aston villa in my first season and ive tried v3 and codes tactics for 8-9 games each straight including from pre season and im really struggling, we dont take our chances and we let in some very weak goals. im currently 15th after 11 games, the only bright spot was beating man u 3-2 away. my centre backs play awful especially laursen who i thought would suit challenging for the keeper but nothing. im playing mostly this team:

friedel

young laursen davies shorey

milner petrov barry young

agbonlahor carew

ive only had chance to buy a few squad players as i only had 6m, ive played sidwell and reo coker in cm too but they were quite poor.

any ideas??

When you say v3, which strand have you been using? All my success with this tactic has been with 1.0, the more balanced of the two strands. 1.1 looks a bit gung ho for me!

Give v3 1.0 a go (possibly again) with Barry in the down-arrow CM position and Agbonlahor on the left of the two strikers. Give them 5 games like that and come back to us with your results!

ps I'm no official spokesman on the Duke tactics. :-)

right i've played 5 games with my arsenal save won them all so convincingly it was unreal opp had hardly any shots at all and i dominated but on my huddersfield save not so great only 2 wins from 5 even though i've got a great squad for league 1

samuelburrowsuk im not sure what you mean by which strand? im using the version thats in post 1 of this thread. i have barry usually in the down arrow cm and carew on the left CF who is doing well. Ive been using dukes v1 in my crewe save and am top of the league at the half way stage although its very tight.

I ve used V3 for a bit more than 10 games. Started using it because my away tactic was not working anymore, than i started using it at home too.

I am playing Rapid Bucharest, so it s an average quality squad: my best player is Hugo Viana.

It started doing wanders for me when i raised the Defensive Line (15 at home and 10 away) and started using the OI= hard tackling and show onto weaker foot for attk. minded players.

When playing against a very good side, swich from wide to narrow and time wasting 15. Close down the playmaker, or man mark him with the left hand Striker.

Hope it works for you too.

Thanks Duke for saving us all time.

samuelburrowsuk im not sure what you mean by which strand? im using the version thats in post 1 of this thread. i have barry usually in the down arrow cm and carew on the left CF who is doing well. Ive been using dukes v1 in my crewe save and am top of the league at the half way stage although its very tight.

By strand I mean 1.0 or 1.1. Couldn't think of a better way of describing it as they both come under Duke V3.

This tactic is working well for me now, although it took a LONG time for this to really work. Im in 2020 with an insane squad of regens, much better than any starting squad on the game, and I found myself scraping by and finished 2nd in the end with just 80 points, I started using the tactic in November. However, after all the references on here I've stuck with it and it's working wonders now in it's 2nd season.

Although it does throw up some strange statistics, for instance I had 27% of possession at half time in one game but had 7 shots and scored 3 of them whilst the computer only had 1 shot (but 73% of possession!). Then in an almost total reverse the week after I had all the possession and got beat 5-0 away (only bad beat that's happened, can't really put my finger on it but 1 loss and 18 wins and a draw out of 20 ain't too bad eh?). This run has also come at a time when I've been reguarly playing my new crop of regens to get them some games, so even with a weakened side I've still been getting convincing results.

Also love the tactic as I'm scoring goals from all over the field, and my two best players are my wingers and they scoring goals and getting assists and average an incredible 7.6+.

Some excellent stuff going on in here guys. Good to see the tactic is working for you also..

Dave Byrd - Keep the updates coming regarding your Inter save. Lets see if we can make it to 100 games without losing, I'm upto 71 now and hoping to make it myself.

jk54321 - Good to see it's working for you. It can take a little while to get your players designed to play with the tactic, but when they do it's all gravy from there on in.

cipriang80 - Have toyed at increasing the defensive line myself, and with some good results. It just depends what players you have at your disposal, as the DMC will usually mop up the balls and allow the defence just to stand off and hold firm.

Some excellent stuff going on in here guys. Good to see the tactic is working for you also..

Dave Byrd - Keep the updates coming regarding your Inter save. Lets see if we can make it to 100 games without losing, I'm upto 71 now and hoping to make it myself.

jk54321 - Good to see it's working for you. It can take a little while to get your players designed to play with the tactic, but when they do it's all gravy from there on in.

cipriang80 - Have toyed at increasing the defensive line myself, and with some good results. It just depends what players you have at your disposal, as the DMC will usually mop up the balls and allow the defence just to stand off and hold firm.

Duke, I've lost once in 79 games..... Would love to see someone get the century with this tactic. I'm going downtown to the lower leagues at the end of this season to see how the tactic fares there.

I tried it with Lincoln City in my Fulham save for abit of variation. It's in the year of regens now, 2015 (I think) and got them from 23rd after 8 games to finishing 2nd in the league, losing just twice in 38 matches.

Not sure if it would work in the depths of the Conference South/North because it's just not designed for that style of play but it certainly did the business in League Two.

I'm gonna give this a try with my hull city team in 2nd season, i've tried a few tactics with little success, let too many goals in.

First game 2-0 at win at home to bolton, i'm very impressed in the first game i've tried it i kept a clean sheet something very rare with city, bolton managed 11 shots but only 2 of them on target, will update more soon.

Just a question. Which tactic is working better for you guys? The Leeds tactic combined with Duke's tactic, or just Duke's tactic? Also I'm using Patch 9.1 because 9.2 makes the game really laggy and unplayable on Macs. I'm gonna use the tactic for my Chelsea game in the 3rd season. My squad was completely injury ravaged for the start of the season and I find myself 6 points behind Arsenal in December. So a good tactic is what I need.

Hey this tactic is working well for me, with hull city. I started my game again and i sit second in the table after 16 games :) I was quite supprised because i sold and bought in alot of players and the team isnt fully geled yet. So i think things can only get better.

My best result was i 2-0 away win to chelsea :)

I'm using the v2 duke tactic for now, i figured the deeper defensive line would be better for my slower defenders. I'll switch to v3 if things start going wrong and or i get better players.

I have made sliight changes to the tactic, I have bought fast skillful strikers so the both have the same settings run with ball and forward runs to often and through balls to mixed. I did this becuase the left striker wasnt getting that many goals.

Also i sometimes switch the attacking mid to a defensive mid ( the same settings as the right cm but with through ball often). I did this because my attacking mid was getting poor ratings so i figured i may as well have another more defensive center mid. Plus i dont really have anyone who can play the attacking mid role yet.

Very good tactic duke the best one i have tried for smaller teams.

I'm hoping i can get into europe this season and buy better players, what sort of player would you reccomend for the attacking mid role duke.

This is working quite well for me now my players have got used to it. I've just had a FA cup game against rotherham and was 2 nil down and just had a player sent off in 88th minute and managed to get a 2 all draw. cheers BTW i'm playing as AFC wimbledon

Excellent stuff Chelsea4lyf.

My Fulham game has been lost on my laptop after it decided to 'blow up' the other night, so all my achievements have been lost, for now at least!

I've loaded up a new game and stuck myself as Darlington boss. Now I have to hope these tactics have it within them to get me into the Premiership quickly. ;)

Yes I am, but I started the game on 9.1 and updated it midway through.

Yhym, so now you have 9.2? Nice results ;). Did you play original Duke v3 tactic or changed ? What squad do you have (especially at attack) ?

I use the same tactic and my teams looks like this

GK: Petr Cech

RB: Micah Richards

LB: Joe Mattock

CB: John Terry

CB: Mamadou Sakho

RM: Joe Cole

LM: Salomon Kalou

CMd: Ignacio Camacho

CMa: Michael Essien

ST : Mario Balotelli

ST: Carlos Vela

The only change I made is I added the corner tactic. But the tactic works very well. I signed Cardozo for my team for the target man slot but he just doesn't work for me.

im 10 games in to my 2nd season with leeds united after being promoted to championship using matts tactic set ,but after 11 games results goin south ,so im using version 3 of this ,1st result 2-2 away draw not bad,ill keep u posted on how things go, cheers

It shouldn't be too hard to find, it's in the tactics forum somewhere.

But I'll try explain it:

Your best corner taker obviously takes the corners but set him to 'Forward' anyway.

Your Best Header (includes factors such as jumping, off the ball etc.) is set at 'Challenge Keeper'.

Your 2nd Best Header (Heading, Off the Ball and Pace is good here) is set at 'Attack near post'.

Your 3rd best Header (Heading, Off the Ball and Pace is also useful here) is set at 'Attack from deep'.

Your best crosser is set at 'Offer short option'.

Your best finisher is set at 'Stand at far post'.

Your long shot expert is set at 'Lurk Outside Area'.

Then in team instructions you set corners to '6 Yard Box'

John Terry got me a hat trick in 40 minutes using this, all off corners. It works like a charm if you can get the players.

Some players that are good for it are: Sakho, Zapata, Mertesacker, Fazio, Drogba. Try your best to find some players for it if you dont have the players. It's better to have this then to not have a corner tactic at all.

Archived